Current Page: 2 of 3
Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: July 24, 2005 08:46PM

Does anybody know if the Leadership Training program offered by LEBD is identical to the Forum? My guess is that it is. Only the packaging/advertising is different.

It is very easy to make claims. Anybody can do that. And to come up with an exaustive list of "clients" simply by listing the occupation of satisfied (influenced) participants in position of power in companies who have imposed the Forum to their employees (the subject of this tread). This is called "infiltration". The real challenge for LEBD would be that someone conducts an independant analysis where the satisfaction/results form their clients would be measured by some indicators. I doubt very much the results would support their claims.

MD

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: July 24, 2005 11:48PM

There are other groups, besides Landmark, that infiltrate corporate and employee educational programs exhorting platitiudes and "feel good" enthusiasm- without practical work skills. The charisma and 'new age' themes have infiltrated so much of our media, that most merely accept all without questioning.

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: July 27, 2005 01:33PM

Maggie,

you have no replied in awhile, so I venture out hear to ask you...what size company do you work in? Does advancement pinge on doing these courses? Do any of the people you report to have the "1,000 yard eyeball stare" (no blinking)?

Instead of trying to give you advice or lecture I'd prefer to get to know more about the prob you're dealin' with...to see if I might be able to advise (not direct!)

My background...lost a soul-mate (picture was in the encyclopedias under "soul-ies" (:~] ) to lec LGAT...after 22 years of closeness...knowing when she was not feeling good before she expressed it, the best feeling on this marble, IMO, of making love with a woman who totally knew how much you felt about her and vice versa...and then eyes wide open ..your life was an inverted mirror image in the morning bathroom view...AND you somehow had to deal with staying alive..without her...yet ..do what you could to get her back...so, yes..I can possibly help you ...but I will never lecture ..just sometimes reveal heart-heavy-exhalations (for me) about what happened to my most intimate part of my life...

If anyon wants to talk about civil suit e-m me....

PAX

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: July 28, 2005 04:54AM

Hi, thanks for all the info. We have a small company, around 40 people. There are 10 in the management team and I know that 3 others have gone for sure.

I think labelling it 'Business Development' is only a way for LE to cash in on corporations. It's all the same: it exists to resell itself.

Landmark Forum at Work?
Date: July 28, 2005 09:23AM

Maggie
I think labelling it 'Business Development' is only a way for LE to cash in on corporations. It's all the same: it exists to resell itself.

Tell that to your boss and let us know about his reaction!!! You should be entitled to your own opinion. If not, please explain what happened to the first amendment?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. "

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: July 31, 2005 09:36AM

Although Midonov makes a valid point, I would recommend some caution in approaching your manager in such a way as if he has done the Landmark forum he will find this to be a personal attack and although he legally may not be able to fire you for your view points, if America is anything like New Zealand, there are ways to get rid of an employee without breaking the law!

Free speech may be in your laws but in reality there is no such thing when it comes to being employed!

I would strongly recommend not getting involved in this type of programme your boss is organising and quite frankly would suggest that you start looking for a new job if you are the only one who is against going

Landmark Forum at Work?
Date: July 31, 2005 09:18PM

sonnie_dee
I would strongly recommend not getting involved in this type of programme your boss is organising and quite frankly would suggest that you start looking for a new job if you are the only one who is against going

Sonnie,

I don't agree with you. I think his boss should try to find another occupation. But he already has selling Landmark! If I was to do that in my working environment, I would be in conflict of interest. I recommend Maggie not to abandon her cause and use any legal act that can help her to stand by her convictions. Every company has a code of ethics, and I would be surprized if selling Landmark doesn't go againts it. It's like selling Amway or any other products. To be in a position of power and to coerce your employees into doing/buying something they don't want is an abuse of power and it's not acceptable.

We are here on this Forum to make a difference and stop this kind of abuse aren't we? So when a real situation happens where someone could "act", I don't agree with running away. This makes our efforts worthless.

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: July 31, 2005 10:45PM

midonov123
We are here on this Forum to make a difference and stop this kind of abuse aren't we? So when a real situation happens where someone could "act", I don't agree with running away. This makes our efforts worthless.

AMEN!

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: August 01, 2005 12:46AM

Midonov,

I think I will reclarify what I mean, I do not mean for anyone to run away from this, I still recommend exercising caution in dealing with a graduate manager or someone who is in a position to fire you.

I have heard and unfortunately seen people work out ways to "legally" get rid of staff and replace them with graduates. It is completely unethical and should be illegal however it is done. I urge caution because the last thing anyone needs in this day and age is to be with out work.

I recommended looking for a new job simply because being the only non graduate in a work place can actually be a horrible experience. Before I did the landmark forum I was the only person in our work place who had not done it. I felt everyone else had this secret language and belonged to a secret club. It was not a plesant experience and if I had refused to do the landmark forum (something I strongly wish I had now) I would have looked for a new job quite quickly. As it was when I did leave my position was filled by a landmark graduate.

I hope this clarifys why I said what I did.

Landmark Forum at Work?
Date: August 01, 2005 08:22AM

sonnie_dee
Midonov,

I think I will reclarify what I mean, I do not mean for anyone to run away from this, I still recommend exercising caution in dealing with a graduate manager or someone who is in a position to fire you.

I have heard and unfortunately seen people work out ways to "legally" get rid of staff and replace them with graduates. It is completely unethical and should be illegal however it is done. I urge caution because the last thing anyone needs in this day and age is to be with out work.

I recommended looking for a new job simply because being the only non graduate in a work place can actually be a horrible experience. Before I did the landmark forum I was the only person in our work place who had not done it. I felt everyone else had this secret language and belonged to a secret club. It was not a plesant experience and if I had refused to do the landmark forum (something I strongly wish I had now) I would have looked for a new job quite quickly. As it was when I did leave my position was filled by a landmark graduate.

I hope this clarifys why I said what I did.

Sonnie,

We have a right to disagree, but I respect your first hand experience. The scenario you describe reminds me of the science fiction movie "Invasion of the body snatchers". I wonder where the author got their inspiration!

Back to Maggie: Perhaps a compromise would be to look for a new job (and get one), but to give them a hell of a fight before leaving.

I was once in a situation at work were I had my boss and other influencial professionals against me (because I didn't want to participate in some unethical medical experiments they did to amass great wealth for themselves), and I was successful in publishing devastating evidences to put an end to their project and deceptive claims. That work was recognized by other academics and I was given better opportunities elsewhere. It's not because everybody is against you that you can't win. But I must admit it can be very risky and stressful. So, better is to do both. Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.

MD

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.