Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: July 23, 2005 05:08AM

I really love my job, however my boss is a Forum Graduate and is pushing for the entire management team to attend. I just completely disagree that it belongs in the workplace and I've said I did not want to go.

He said it's "professional development" and Nike and Microsoft have brought LE in to do programs with their teams.

Now I'm dubbed 'not a team player' if I don't attend. I've done a LOT of research on LE and just do NOT agree with their philosophy or business tactics. HELP!

Anyone else been pressured at work to attend? :?:

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: glam ()
Date: July 23, 2005 09:42AM

Honestly, if it gets to the point where you're being ostracized or held back because you refuse to attend the Forum, I think it's time to start looking for another job.

Forum grads do tend to cut off people who won't join them, unfortunately.

But it's soooo not worth the risk to your mental health to attend a potentially dangerous seminar. Psychological damage is worse than leaving for a new job, IMO.

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: hype2120 ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:00PM

why don't you take the issue to the boss of your boss? i'd go in armed with research materials to show your manager's boss how counter-productive this is for the workplace.

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: July 23, 2005 09:32PM

niffer
I really love my job, however my boss is a Forum Graduate and is pushing for the entire management team to attend. I just completely disagree that it belongs in the workplace and I've said I did not want to go.

He said it's "professional development" and Nike and Microsoft have brought LE in to do programs with their teams.

Now I'm dubbed 'not a team player' if I don't attend. I've done a LOT of research on LE and just do NOT agree with their philosophy or business tactics. HELP!

Anyone else been pressured at work to attend? :?:

This is VERY serious. Read the chapter by Margaret Singer "Intruding into the Workplace" available here:

[www.culteducation.com]

I recommend you distribute it at your work to all your collegues. Find support and fight back. If you are unionized, take it to the union. If not, get a lawyer. You can claim Landmark's system of beliefs goes against your own religious beliefs. For example, Landmark will try to endoctrinate you that you are solely responsible for creating your own reality, that you are responsible for everything (good or bad) that happens in your life. This is a New Age belief and sometime it is reffered to as "blaming the victim". This is also what the existentialist philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre was supporting in his work and this is why his writing is so popular among New Agers. The Vatican has put JP Sartre's work "a l'index". i.e. declared it is against the church.

The belief that you are solely responsible for creating your reality is against the Bible. In the book of Job, God speaks to Job and tell him that he was not responsible for creating his own misery. Then God gives him back what he had lost. This is just an example, but you can easily document that Landmark is based on a New Age system of beliefs, and that this is against your religion. Your employer cannot threaten you and force you to change your system of beliefs and religion.

I'll stop here for this morning, but again, this is a very serious matter and I encourage everybody to come up with supportive ideas to help you. This is a golden opprtunity that you have to take Landmark to court (see MT Singer book).

MD

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: July 24, 2005 05:58AM

this may be of help to u. landmark grads have mentioned
in the past on alt.fan.landmark, the google group how
landmark has become involved in general motors and ford.

if u see some of the problems these companies are having
, some of it must surely be due to the widining belief
that there is no future only the present.

these are two companies that landmark takes money from
that reimburses their employess for taking courses.

unless your boss wants his company to become like ford
or gm he might want to study landmark further.

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: July 24, 2005 12:24PM

Patrick & others,

Anyone aware of Huge US Corps that have fallen to similar lec shit, like GE, Exxon, Etc?

PAX

Landmark Forum at Work?
Date: July 24, 2005 12:40PM

the only big ones i have ever heard of are ford, general motors,
chrysler also but they have been sold to the germans so
i do wonder if they are still reimbursing for programs.

on some of landmarks internet pages they have shown
some oil companies. none of the big ones that i am aware of.

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: July 24, 2005 01:10PM

Here is a list of companies that Landmark Education Business Development (the arm of Landmark that works with businesses directly) has worked with.

Apple Computer
Baytown Refinery, Exxon
Bellevue Hospital Center
BHP-Billiton (Australia, Chile, Peru)
Glaxo Wellcome
Guidant Corporation
Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals (China)
JP MorganChase
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Magma Copper Company
Marsh McLennan
Mercedes Benz USA
Minera Escondida Ltda.
Monsanto
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
New Zealand Steel
Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO)
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Panamco (Coca Cola Bottling Company, Brazil)
Petrobras (Brazil)
Reebok International
SAP (Brazil)
State of Bahia (Brazil)
State of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
Telemar (Brazil)
UNUM Insurance
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
U.S. Department of the Navy

You can see this list on the www.lebd.com website.

I also know that in New Zealand some of the heath services were reimbursing their staff as well as corrections departments. A lot of companies reimburse staff who do it. That is how I got into the landmark forum!

Landmark Forum at Work?
Date: July 24, 2005 02:11PM

with all these clients and all the individuals they acquire
and they have the gall to use people for free labor.

they make loads of money. they say they dont but then
they dont have any truth now do they :)

Landmark Forum at Work?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: July 24, 2005 03:48PM

It never ceases to amaze me that they claim to not make enough of a profit.

They have numerous offices around the world, run primarily by unpaid staff (known as people in the assisting programme) the paid staff in the offices are on the whole under paid for what they do. Many are paid just on their countries minimum wage.

They have courses that cost any where from $100 to $1000 and have a ton of people doing them. There are very little outlays if the course is held on the premises!

They do not supply meals, drinks (Other then water) or anything else.

They don't even let people use their phones for free... participants have to pay to use the phones!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.