Long Term Effects?
Posted by: dragonfly ()
Date: May 14, 2005 12:03PM

My sister went through the seminars called Choices in summer of 2002. She had kind of a breakdown last year and took 12 weeks off work. Stress she said, job stress. She said she could not handle the stress at work. She went to doctors and then went to see a therapist for her mental stress. She is now seeing a different therapist after our suggestion to go to local mental health because she was getting worse. She is now on medical leave again and she does not want to return to work. In her work she deals with many employees of a corporation. Almost all her coworkers and superiors attended Choices and there are little posters and quotes in most offices and on coworkers’ desks. Such as “Be, Do, Have” etc. (“Be, Do, Have” is taught at Choices). Could any of these be triggers?

She has slowly become a different person since 2002. She can’t concentrate on anything, and she can’t remember simple things, like picking up something for someone at the store. She is too agreeable with everyone and avoids any kind of confrontation, be it work or personal. In situations where she used to be very strong and independent she seems to be too easily influenced and manipulated. The only way I can explain what we are seeing in her, is she seems to have lost her inner strength. She seems to have lost her drive. She no longer wants to work. She takes no interest in her home, yard, hobbies, and people like she used to. The only things that seem to interest her now are her personal looks, like her hair, clothes, and her makeup and having “fun”. She has slowly become another person. She is now on antidepressants.

The reason I am posting this here is because deep down inside I believe that Choices played a part in the change to her mental state-of-mind today. But how can I ever know for sure? :(

I read somewhere here that the state of mind one is already in, is critical when attending these stupid seminars.

She was still in a state mourning. 3 months prior to her going to Choices our dad had died. His cancer was discovered 6 months before his death. The 6 months leading up to his death were terribly hard on the family. But especially hard on my sister as she was his “baby” girl. (she is in her late 30’s) The day he died my sister put on one of his sweaters and slept in Mom and Dads bed for two days while we made arrangements.

I guess what I want to know is can people slowly fall apart over time after going to these things? I have been reading as many posts here as I can to get an idea of the long term effects of mind control and manipulation, and if any of you can point me to some useful info I would be really grateful. :?:

Options: ReplyQuote
Long Term Effects?
Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 26, 2005 08:40AM

Hi dragonfly,

No way to know for certain, of course. But it sure looks suspicious and the most likely explanation. If no one has suggested it, the best thing for her to do is see a therapist who is knowledgable and has experience with cult victims. Better yet, if there is a group of ex-members in your area. They would be the ones to know exactly how the poison seeds were sewn and how to extract them.

Surely there are cult victims who have suffered and caused suffering to others over a life-time, never knowing why or how their minds were altered. These programs operate at a very deep level. It might be to her benefit that she is having symptoms. Possibly some part of her knows there is something seriously wrong.

Ellen

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.