Questions questions questions...
Date: May 07, 2005 10:56PM

Q: Does it seem that a lot of "con" as opposed to "pro" Landmark websites have disappeared of late? For example I noticed that the "Awareness Page" guest book came under serious attack, and all of its pages had been erased. I'm wondering if they might just figure it's not worth it and shut that part down for good. BTW: How fares Mr. Ross' F.O.I. defense against Landmark?

CNFT

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 08, 2005 07:23AM

Landmark has filed a motion to dismiss its own lawsuit (filed against Rick A. Ross Institute) and with prejudice, which means it cannot be re-filed.

Landmark apparently has abandoned its effort rather than continue with discovery.

This is a major legal defeat for Landmark Education and a significant breakthrough for free speech on the Internet.

Nothing will be changed at this website, not at this discussion board nor anywhere else within the database regarding Landmark, ESt or the Forum.

The Awareness Page appears intact.

See [perso.wanadoo.fr]

BTW--See the very interesting and funny article "Defending Your Life" in the May issue of GQ. A journalist attended the Forum, but it seems their loaded language and manipulation didn't work on him.

Not a good article for Landmark.

Will they sue?

Something tells me they won't.

Date: May 10, 2005 07:02AM

...to Mr. Ross and the staff of Rickross.com! That's terrific news about the lawsuit! And thanks to "y'all" for all of your hard work and dedication to what must seem at times like a thankless, potentially dangerous and never-ending task sometimes.

Who knows?

Maybe the world isn't quite such a crazy and mixed up place as it seems sometimes after all.

CNFT

Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 11, 2005 05:32AM

LOL....though they, (those who are running Landmark), may seem like some of the dumbest people in the world, they CAN sometimes figure out which side their bread is buttered on. Nothing chills ~enrollment~ like a little good ol' discovery - turn on the "real" light and they run back to their hidey-holes.

(How far did the discovery go?)

Ellen

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: May 11, 2005 01:02PM

Thank you, Rick, for the suggestion!

GQ May 2005 p. 138
"Defending Your Life" by James O'Brien

"The Landmark Forum is a self-help program that offers to make you a new, more powerful dude. The catch? Try three days of scant sleep, humiliating revelations, and verbal abuse. So why are people signing up by the thousands?"

The author explains in detail his experience of their methodology of "Get Confident, Stupid" - the emphasis to stop playing conformist games, but the peer pressure to all agree NOT to conform... together..... and his sense of isolation from not surrendering to the peer pressure.

for anyone concerned about today's LGATs...

Date: May 13, 2005 07:22AM

elena
LOL....though they, (those who are running Landmark), may seem like some of the dumbest people in the world, they CAN sometimes figure out which side their bread is buttered on. Nothing chills ~enrollment~ like a little good ol' discovery - turn on the "real" light and they run back to their hidey-holes.

(How far did the discovery go?)

Ellen

Nice imagery. :wink:

As I read it I pictured myself at night stumbling into the kitchen, turning on the light, and VOILA, wall to wall cockroaches all scurry for the darkness.

CNFT

Date: May 13, 2005 07:30AM

Toni

"... but the peer pressure to all agree NOT to conform... together..... and his sense of isolation from not surrendering to the peer pressure...

Quite a contradiction that: Conforming *NOT* to conform?!?!

Such reminds me of logic problems in community college:

They do not not not undisagree to not dis-un-conform to not conform...or not?

Huh?!?

And perhaps saddest story of all is that I still suck at logic problems.

CNFT

Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: May 17, 2005 10:19AM

What I'd like to know is what happened to the website "Inside the Landmark Forum"? That was the best site around telling the truth about Landmark (except of course the RR website! lol).

The moderator called himself "NoLandmark". His email was Nolandmark@yahoo.com. I tried emailing him but that address no longer exists.

Anybody know what happened to him and why he closed down his site? I wonder if Art Schrieber had anything to do with it? He of course is Landmark's legal head honcho.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 17, 2005 10:00PM

You have to go to the Wayback Machine to find it. The site is gone and no one has been able to contact him, that I know of.

A helpful person posted the link on alt.fan.landmark. I also posted one of his feedback pages which you can find by searching "NoLandmark" on Google.

[web.archive.org]

Ellen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.