Legal action re: Landmark's phone calls?
Posted by: zerohour ()
Date: April 26, 2005 09:14AM

Hi folks. I haven't visited this forum for awhile now. A couple of years ago, my best friend got involved in Landmark. We also happen to work together, so her seduction by this group had potentially enormous effects on the both of us.

Happily, she burned out on it after the Advanced Course. I knew it was over when she advised me that she wouldn't take their incessant calls.

Well, it's now a couple of years later. I've had great fun telling enthusiastic (but dead exhausted) Landmark staffers who call that she's been deported, that she's in jail for money laundering, etc. Here's the thing: [b:79c0e5d45c]they do not stop calling![/b:79c0e5d45c]

Outside of the tall tales I've spun, I've asked them at least a dozen times [b:79c0e5d45c]not to call[/b:79c0e5d45c]. They're relentless. The drone they have working the phones that day may very well apologize from the bottom of their heart and swear they'll never call again. Doesn't matter. Once Landmark gets a few dollars out of someone, they'll pursue them until they're dead or they change their number.

I've spoken with and filed a complaint with the state Attorney General and pretty much every consumer agency I could find. Most of them knew who Landmark was immediately, and one (at the AG's office) even recalled a class action lawsuit against them for their repeated phone calls in violation of the law ("integrity"?) Has anyone heard of this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Legal action re: Landmark's phone calls?
Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: April 29, 2005 11:59AM

You refer to the "integrity" Landmark shows in their relentless and illegal telephone calls. Landmark, or Scam-mark as I call it doesn't know the meaning of the word "integrity". How about "choices" people are free to make that Scam-mark preaches to their brainwashed flock? Seems if you "choose" to reject Landmark you get incessantly hounded on the phone. I guess that's where the Landmark mind controllers draw the line as far as "choices" are concerned. Have you ever witnessed such hypocrisy in your life?

What you need to do is to keep a record of every call this insidious cult makes, the date, time, the gist of what they said, and most importantly your response with respect to telling them not to call anymore. Then report it to your local police department. Contacting your Attorney General's office was a good idea but it doesn't sound like they've done anything about it. A call to your congressman might get the Attorney General's office moving on it. There is no reason for you to endure these endless calls from this despicable group of people. As well, report Landmark to your local BBB office. You can also write a letter to your local newspaper or TV stations and see what happens. Perhaps a local investigative reporter might want to look into Landmark and their illegal telephone activity

You would be well advised to write a letter (not email) sent by registered mail to your local Landmark office, with a copy to Landmark's headquarters in San Francisco, also via registered mail, demanding they stop phoning on pain of legal action. If you have a lawyer, get him/her to write it on their letterhead. If you don't have a lawyer, write the letter yourself advising them that if the calls don't stop you are going to take action as described in the previous paragraph. That'll probably stop the calls because Landmark doesn't like negative publicity.

I have heard that if you threaten these Landmark phone demons with a call to the police they will stop.

What a bunch of despicable lowlifes!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.