Whose Job Is It?
Posted by: hype2120 ()
Date: April 23, 2005 11:48AM

If you are a Landmarkian -- in the quote Leader Program -- ummm...end quote...whose job is it to tell you that you need to be in AA for your drinking problem? Is there anyone running the show who might actually care? Just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Whose Job Is It?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: April 24, 2005 11:34AM

One would hope that someone would challenge the person but having said this, people who are there may not even know the person has a problem with alcohol.

These people who manage the centre and are senior leaders are not trained in spotting the hints that show someone has a problem.

I do know when I was doing ILP (the introductions leaders programme) one of the other people had a problem with drugs and after meeting with the manager and the head coach and the leader he withdrew from the programme but I would have never guessed he had a problem, I had known him for close on eight months by this point and he was in the centre four or five times a week as was I.

to be honest it would suprise me if the ILP was the reason anyone had a drinking problem, I know I was drinking alot when I did it. you go for drinks after assisting, you go for drinks after classes. I would estimate that i was out drinking 4 to 5 times a week and drinking more then I should each time.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.