CHOICES - 6 Points of Power
Posted by: dragonfly ()
Date: February 18, 2005 03:19PM

Choices with Thelma Box has in its program an important list called “6 Points of Power”. After reading them I thought gee these remind me of rules we give our children. Or some rules we had as kids. (Aside from rule 6 which in my opinion is fluffy new-age talk.)

[u:d6eac44c57]Choices “6 Points Of Power”[/u:d6eac44c57]

1. Pay Attention!

2. Speak the truth.

3. Be responsible for your experience (be accountable)

4. Ask for what you want.

5. Keep your agreements.

6. Strive to create value in all things.

I am curious as to others opinions on these 6 points of “power”.

What is your first response on reading them?

Do other groups like Landmark and such, have similar lists?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elena ()
Date: February 18, 2005 11:35PM

dragonfly
Choices with Thelma Box has in its program an important list called “6 Points of Power”. After reading them I thought gee these remind me of rules we give our children. Or some rules we had as kids. (Aside from rule 6 which in my opinion is fluffy new-age talk.)

[u:9491d51019]Choices “6 Points Of Power”[/u:9491d51019]

Ya gotta love it! More people making money selling "power" to the powerless.

LOL - She doesn't say WHOSE "power," or which way the "power" is supposed to flow, i.e., in HER direction....

They just sound like ordinary advice or admonishment until you look at them from a cult indoctrination and control perspective. (Can you imagine that these "power points" mightn't destroy the likelihood of your survival in, say, a concentration camp, gulag, or prison?)

1. Pay Attention!

--to what the leaders say so that you remain in alignment with the cult ideology and are focused on cult issues rather than "outside" interests.

2. Speak the truth.

--when questioned by leaders or other cult members so that you learn to censor your own thoughts. After all, you wouldn't want to be called on when you are entertaining doubts or indulging in skepticism or humor that might bring punishment upon yourself.

3. Be responsible for your experience (be accountable)

--and learn to negate it or "shift" it or "reinterpret" your original impression if it is out of alignment with the group and make a habit of punishing yourself for "faulty" interpretations so that you always feel bad and in need of cult guidance and support and thus maintain your own indoctrination.

4. Ask for what you want.

--so that the leaders and other cult members don't have to worry that you are keeping secrets or harboring subversive plans or plotting an escape route or "keeping your own counsel."

5. Keep your agreements.

--so the cult can exploit your time and labor and take advantage of your talents. (This only works with those burdened with a sense of obligation and dependability.)

6. Strive to create value in all things.

--especially what the leaders tell you, after they've stripped whatever you thought was valuable when you showed up, what they say is important, and all the helpful cult agendae like "clearing the planet" or "transforming the world" or "ending world hunger" or such like.

Tyrants, despots, and other dictators *love* honest, energetic, self-sacrificing, dependable, hard-working, loyal, trustworthy, non-critical, and unquestioning slaves, servants, and subjects. They especially *love* any religion, ideology, belief system, or culture that will deliver these people en masse. After all, creating "deployable agents" is the name of the game for those "power" players who are, in reality, lazy, greedy, ruthless, duplicitous, and cowardly. The last thing they would want is a constiuency of people like themselves.

Check out Tom Cruise's "Code of Honor." It's in the cult news on this site.

Ellen

Posted by: dragonfly ()
Date: February 19, 2005 07:22AM

elena
--especially what the leaders tell you, after they've stripped whatever you thought was valuable when you showed up, what they say is important, and all the helpful cult agendae like "clearing the planet" or "transforming the world" or "ending world hunger" or such like.
Ellen

Hmmm....yes, Thelma Box's famous motto or quote is "Changing The World, One Heart At A Time".

Posted by: hsuchij ()
Date: February 19, 2005 11:10AM

I wonder if those "6 Points of Power" copied from code of Samurai.

Codes of Samurai:

" I have no parents; I make the Heavens and the Earth my parents.
I have no home; I make the Tan T'ien my home.
I have no divine power; I make honesty my Divine Power.
I have no means; I make Docility my means.
I have no magic power; I make personality my Magic Power.
I have neither life nor death; I make A Um my Life and Death.
I have no body; I make Stoicism my Body.
I have no eyes; I make The Flash of Lightning my eyes.
I have no ears; I make Sensibility my Ears.
I have no limbs; I make Promptitude my Limbs.
I have no laws; I make Self-Protection my Laws.
I have no strategy; I make the Right to Kill and the Right to Restore Life my Strategy.
I have no designs; I make Seizing the Opportunity by the Forelock my Designs.
I have no miracles; I make Righteous Laws my Miracle.
I have no principles; I make Adaptability to all circumstances my Principle.
I have no tactics; I make Emptiness and Fullness my Tactics.
I have no talent; I make Ready Wit my Talent.
I have no friends; I make my Mind my Friend.
I have no enemy; I make Incautiousness my Enemy.
I have no armour; I make Benevolence my Armour.
I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle.
I have no sword; I make No Mind my Sword."

So, could No Mind be the answer to those "6 Points of Power"?

"These warriors were men who lived by Bushido; it was their way of life. The samurai's loyalty to the emperor and his overlord, or daimyo, was unsurpassed. They were trustworthy and honest. They lived frugal lives with no interest in riches and material things, but rather they were interested in honor and pride. They were men of true valor. Samurai had no fear of death. They would enter any battle no matter the odds. To die in battle would only bring honor to one's family and one's lord."

Hsuchi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.