Canadians who have been to Landmark
Posted by: canadacat ()
Date: September 08, 2004 04:01AM

Hello,
I am doing research for an investigative news story on Landmark Forum in Canada. If you have been to a Canadian branch of Landmark, please contact me at the email below:
cstancl@ctv.ca

Thank you.
Catherine

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: September 08, 2004 12:53PM

Good luck Canadacat.

A former member of this board often commented about Canadian emergency units in Hospitals dealing with Landmark candidates who had experienced psychotic breaks during courses.

Also mentioned was the fact of Landmark being banned from holding courses in several Canadian Hotel complexes due to disturbances.

Sorry I can't be more specific as to Hotel names, hospitals and the cities they were in.

Please refer to the thread on this board as to research feedback:

[b:10beb70f78]Media & Academic Research into Landmark & LGATs[/b:10beb70f78][/color:10beb70f78]
[board.culteducation.com]

Oz

Posted by: glam ()
Date: September 08, 2004 09:59PM

Hi! I also applaud honest research into LGATs. I think it would great if more people took a close and public look at what happens in these groups.

I'm sure some, if not most, of these requests for interviews and information are legitimate, especially the ones from Australian 60 Minutes. However, I have noticed a few "students" doing "research" into Landmark online recently, and some of them seem to quickly disappear when asked what school they're attending, what course their study is for, who their professor is, etc. Please, everyone, be careful about giving out any personal information to people claiming to do research.

Glam

Date: September 08, 2004 10:46PM

Hi there,
I can assure you that I work for a legitimate news show in Canada. We are entering our 39th season-- we've been around longer than 60 Minutes. You can visit our website at www.wife.ctv.ca.

I appreciate any responses to my inquiry!
Catherine

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: September 09, 2004 02:45AM

There is a typo in this.
I believe the show would be WFive. (Who What When Where Why)
www.WFive.ctv.ca

Coz

canadacat
Hi there,
I can assure you that I work for a legitimate news show in Canada. We are entering our 39th season-- we've been around longer than 60 Minutes. You can visit our website at www.wife.ctv.ca.

I appreciate any responses to my inquiry!
Catherine

Date: September 09, 2004 02:49AM

Yeah, thanks. I noticed it after I posted it, but being new to this forum, I wasn't sure if I could erase, or edit the post.
Indeed it is www.wfive.ctv.ca

But you won't find any info on a Landmark story there. There is no airdate scheduled for this, as I am just doing preliminary research for now. Depending on the responses I get, it will be determined which way we go with this story.

Catherine

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 09, 2004 09:10PM

The person should be able to give you the following:

Name of university he or she attends

The class (or better yet) graduate program for which the person is doing the project

Name (and e-address/webpage) of the instructor teaching the class for which the person is writing a paper if an undergraduate, or the faculty advisor overseeing the person's research if he or she is doing this as part of graduate school.

If the person is an undergraduate doing this for a class, its really a good sign if he or she can provide a website for the class and its reading list.

ALways call and verify any and all references before you get involved with one of these research projects.

Someone who is legit will be delighted to provide this kind of information and will not disappear. The ability to provide sources and credentials is part of the process of scholarship

Posted by: QuestioningMinds ()
Date: November 16, 2004 11:11AM

I am interesting in knowing how this story is progressing for ctv.ca.

Not sure if my experiences to date with Landmark would be of use but you can always check my posts and email me.

QM

Date: November 17, 2004 12:25AM

I've spoken to several people so far who have had both good and bad experiences. I have read up considerable on Landmark. But I am looking for people who have had breakdowns. I've spoken with two people so far who have experienced this. I am looking for a few more, just to get a sense of what their experiences were. Because we are a Canadian show, I prefer to speak with Canadians. However, any US citizens who have had a bad experience are free to contact me as well.
My email again: cstancl@ctv.ca
Catherine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.