finding ownership of LGATs
Posted by: fuzbelflup ()
Date: June 21, 2004 08:31AM

How do you find out who owns LGATs, and their actual corporate name? It is hard to check on them (through BBB) if you don't know their real name. The particular one I am looking for does not have one person's name on their website.

thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: June 24, 2004 09:50AM

Hi fuzbelflup,

If you supply the name of the LGAT someone here may know of its origins and who is behind it.

Some LGATs start out from ex- Scientologists as my "Money and You" one did., Some stem from Forum Leaders from Landmark, Lifespring etc. What is showing up now are LGATs posing as training courses in the "Life Coaching" Industry.

Oz

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 24, 2004 11:22AM

I see lots of ads and adverts for various 'Life Coaching' events.

Is 'Life Coaching' itself a copywrited term--something that is franchised?

Or is it just a grab-bag term for services anyone can offer--whether legitimate, or fronting for an LGAT?

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 24, 2004 12:14PM

Sometimes just a Google search (Google and Google groups) will turn up the owner. I've run names of businesses through Chambers of Commerce, State Depts. of Consumer Affairs, and the Better Business Bureau. Depts of Taxation can sometimes provide info. There was a website called www.TaxRecords.com that had access to public records, but it was so slow that it was difficult to navigate. Also, sometimes prior lawsuit records have names, such as documents found on LexisNexis or Pacer.gov (I have to go back and find the direct address for these).

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: June 24, 2004 06:12PM

Hi Corboy,

Life Coaching is a profession that started in the USA over 10 years ago. I will start a new thread for this topic so as to not hyjack the original author's topic and concerns.
Oz

Posted by: fuzbelflup ()
Date: June 25, 2004 06:30AM

Thank you for responses. I tried some of those ideas and didn't come up with anything. That's what makes me believe their "legal" name is different. Also it is in NYC just one of millions of businesses. I was referring to "Personal Dynamics." On a previous thread someone told me they are an offspring of Lifespring. I think they must be very small, or changed their name because of possible "issues."

thanks for any other info

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 26, 2004 12:16AM

Lance Vanderborg owns the website (since 1998). Could be a start. Found out by going to www.register.com, using WhoIs to look up the owner of the website. All his pertinent information is there, too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.