Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Pathways Core Training in Dallas, Texas
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 12, 2012 11:05PM

skoosavich:

Have you ever in any way, shape or form been associated with Pathways?

Have you done the training?

Do you know anyone that has done the training?

Please answer these questions directly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: skoosavich ()
Date: September 12, 2012 11:13PM

This forum is not about me. I haven't posted any views for or against the pathways organization. I was simply inquiring about someone who openly posted about the experiences they were having. I will be fine either way but I wanted to ask what the outcome was.

Date: September 12, 2012 11:46PM

skoosavich:

Why are you being deliberately evasive?

Please answer the questions directly.

Posted by: mfox2010 ()
Date: September 13, 2012 07:00AM

Maybe Iam jumping to conclusion, but you have a very unusual name.... below was copy and pasted from the pathways website.

HOME ABOUT US HISTORY WHY PATHWAYS? LEADERSHIP TEAM BOARD OF DIRECTORS STAFF FAQs SPECIAL MISSIONS SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILIES MILITARY FAMILIES TEEN FAMILY CAMP FIRST RESPONDERS EVENTS THE CORE TRAINING THE WEEKEND THE WALK PARTNERS I PARTNERS II PARTNERS III TEEN FAMILY CAMP EMPOWERED PARENTING THE STEP BEYOND GALA & GOLF REGISTER/PAY SUCCESS STORIES RESOURCES CALENDAR COMMUNITY FORUM REFUND POLICY TRAINING LOCATION TUITION ASSISTANCE MEDIA E-NEWS FILE CABINET VIDEOS CONTACT US DONATE
Home Profile
Change Profile Picture
Change Profile Video
Edit Profile
Edit Details
Privacy
Preferences
Customize My Page
Friends
Show All
Search
Advanced Search
Invite Friends
Request Sent
Pending my approval
Groups
Photos
Videos
Events
Registered Events
Forum
Edit Profile
My Profile
My Posts
My Subscribtions
My Favorites
Notifications Notifications Notifications Logout About Me
Contact Information
City / Town
tulsa
State
OK
Friends

View all (10) Groups
No joined groups. View all groups (0) Block user Report user
Done editing apps layout Like 0 Skoosavich
-
Last online
11 months ago
Profile views

Add as friend Photos Videos Send message 1 new update
Skoosavich and BrandiBart are now friends Skoosavich and Rigby are now friends Skoosavich and ujeanp are now friends Skoosavich and cristin83 are now friends Skoosavich and scottbalser are now friends Skoosavich and SHARDIMAY are now friends
Skoosavich has registered for the Partners III - 0911P3
395 days ago Skoosavich and marjiharrison are now friends Skoosavich and boneill13 are now friends
Skoosavich has registered for the Partners II - 0811P2
428 days ago
Skoosavich has registered for the Partners I - 0711P1
448 days ago
Skoosavich has registered for the The WALK - 0611WK
463 days ago
Skoosavich has registered for the The Weekend - 0611WD
480 days ago

Posted by: skoosavich ()
Date: September 13, 2012 11:55AM

If you would like me to admit that I have attended the training, I will admit that I have. The question still remains what happened with your situation unless you continue to defer to how the training made an impact on my life...

Date: September 13, 2012 08:13PM

skoosavich:

You seem to be here as an apologist for Pathways.

If not, what do you think is wrong about the Pathways training?

Can you name something in the training that Pathways should change?

Please don't be evasive and simply anwer the questions.

Posted by: mfox2010 ()
Date: September 14, 2012 11:16AM

I thought so...... you are also friends with my sister in law. (my wifes sponcer) she post here as unbroken.
You both need to learn how to reseach the WWW. this would have saved you thousands on worthless experimental training!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ekler ()
Date: January 26, 2013 09:15AM

The ship may have sailed on this topic. Not sure if anyone is watching anymore.
But does anyone have anything else to provide about Pathways?
I ask because my wife's sister talked my wife into signing us up for an "Empowered Parenting" weekend course offered by Pathways.
There is very little to find online about these courses other than what is provided on createagreatlife.org. This forum was the only other thing I found.
I have no idea what to expect, but everything about them seems suspect to me so far.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 26, 2013 11:21PM

[answers.yahoo.com]

Has anyone been to Pathways Seminars in Chicago?
5 years ago Report Abuse by sunbear1... Member since:
July 22, 2007
Total points:
201 (Level 1)
Add Contact

Block

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Yes!

I have attended several of their seminars and courses and have found them very useful and productive. I have not attended since one of their founders, Jeff Paige, had passed away, so I'm not sure if the program has significantly changed since that time.

All in all, I highly recommend it!
5 years ago Report Abuse 100% 1 Vote
0 stars - mark this as Interesting! Email
Comment (6)
Save

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Del.icio.us

RSS
hopenand… I agree with this comment. Check out the Pathways Website @ pathwaysseminars.com. These seminars have been very impactful in my life. I have learned so much about myself and how to take my relationships to a new level. I would recommend these seminars to everyone who loves to learn and grow.
Report Abuse
Storme H I attended Basic and Advanced in 2004, and I highly recommend it to anyone. Unlike Matt, I found it helped people from all different walks of life in my class. It's like being introduced to the you you always wanted to be, and then giving you the responsibility, excuse free of being that person.
Report Abuse
Ken I attended 3 different Pathways courses over a number of years and agree completely with Matt H. There is a cult like/brainwashing aspect to the organization which is frightening. The "teacher" are not qualified to deal with the issues that surface for some folks. Be careful.
Report Abuse
Flexicon 1996 Thank you, Ken. I hope that your accurate comments will make people think twice about getting involved with this abusive and manipulative organization.
Report Abuse
Susan I have also attended and found it very freeing. I have gotten great benefit from it. Whenever I run into obstacles, I know that I can refresh the tools I learned there and get past them. My husband and I credit Pathways for creating open communication and in fact saving our relationship.
Report Abuse
Susan to continue... I have just repeated the Basic class (Jan 2011). As a sales manager, I am introducing this program to my company - there are many companies that have been using it for years to create great teams. Check the website on the business tab. My suggestion: try it - make your own decision.
Report Abuse
* You must be logged into Answers to add comments. Sign in or Register.

Other Answers (1) by Matt H Member since:
February 22, 2008
Total points:
114 (Level 1)
Add Contact

Block

I have attended this and would say it is at best lacking and at worst predatory. Allow me to explain myself.

1. When my finace came back from the weekend away she was forbidden to tell me anything about it even though I had no interest (no need for that matter) in attending myself. The mere fact of her attending created a rift in our relationship that became quite serious due to the break down of communication. She was using words, terms, and ideas that were totally foreign to me and made getting on the same page a near impossibility. I didn't seem to have a need to go before that, but her attending was forcing me to chose, attend pathways myself so I can finally start communicating with her again or lose her. They claim 90% of their attendance is from recommendation. I wonder how much of that 90% is out of necessity in fear of a broken home.

2. Because I was raised in a loving home, I successfully graduated with a degree from a good school and was on my way to the job of my dreams... I found very little inspiring. The only people who seemed to make large strides that would justify the cost had serious emotional and relationship issues with their loved ones or dealing with something horrible in their past. The others more like me made very vague statements in how they could see how this was benefitial to them but offered nothing but that. I think (my opinion of course) is that they spent gobs of money to be there so they looked so hard for something... anything to justify it. No answer they gave me was very satisfactory as to how it helped them. I could only hope the people who had old wounds opened again will find some professional help... which brings me to my next point.

3. Not one of the people there are experts in any field relating to the issues they address. They deal with grown men who were molested as children, women who were raped, people who have lost their jobs and are dealing with severe depression. These are people who are in intense amounts of pain and hopelessness, and from my personal experiences with depression it takes more than meditative focusing and team building games to address issues like these. It was almost careless disreguard for personal well being aside from the occasional hug and talk from the wife of Jeff Paige, Susan Paige (who is also not an expert in the fields she tries to shoehorn herself into).

4. Finally (but not ultimately, do I have more if you would like to contact me) they are about very little more than the money. My way through was paid by the mother of my fiance (she started this whole Pathways thing) and told us it would be good for us. So she gave me the tuition for the weekend and I attended. Feeling her money didn't go to a worthwhile cause I called Pathways and discussed the possibility of a refund.

I was immediately forwarded to Susan Paige herself who seemed very displeased with me and her caring "mother-like" persona faded quickly. I was then, even though I never collected a refund, cut off from everyone in my group and the people who work at Pathways themselves. I was told repeatedly "Well, since you got a refund we can't talk anymore".

That, again in my opinion, seems very backhanded and monetarily focused. Ultimately, against the principals they themselves teach.

Now after all of that, could this be beneficial for some people? Sure, I could see how it may be... but for perhaps a very very small popuation of people. For most everyone else, it is a waste of money to a questionable company.

Posted by: lighteningbug ()
Date: June 11, 2013 10:05AM

Thank you for your post. I attended a Pathways training recently and have been trying to make sense of what happened. I found the links to the articles to be very helpful and right on target. Many of the persuasion techniques listed in the articles were indeed employed by Pathways. I had never experienced anything like that before. The only thing that kept me there that first night was concern over the others there, my leaving potentially affecting them negatively when they were already so raw and broken. Can you give me more information, specific to this organization if available?

Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.