tony quinn human potential seminar
Posted by: jimmy247 ()
Date: January 14, 2004 02:52AM

Is there anybody out there who can offer me advice on how to get through to my brother who is , I feel, become very mentally unstable. He has returned from Dublin, having attended a conference hosted by Tony Quinn. My brother now says that he is going to learn to be a Psychotherapist and a KI-massage therapist, and practice out of Harley St. London. He says that he will be doing both courses at the Tony Quinn centre in Dublin. He is already in so much debt. but says if he only gets 10 people to go on TQ seminars that he can pay his debts and course costs.
There is a very good commission, it seems, if he can sign up more people. I keep reading this forum, I know that you are a very helpful bunch. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elena ()
Date: January 16, 2004 10:09PM

It's the nature of the beast. Once someone has taken this stuff to heart, it is very nearly impossible to reason with them. No amount of evidence means anything to them. Even their own misgivings, doubts, discomfort, or humiliation don't seem to bring them to questioning the leader or the group. The fact is that the snake oil these people peddle works extremely well on some types. All the ideological exits are blocked. It is appalling that these creeps are still able to fleece as many victims as they can rake in. I don't know the answer. Protect yourself. It sounds like your brother is "lost" for a while. There isn't a lot of evidence about Tony Quinn. There must be a pile of "bodies" somewhere. They are usually silent or ashamed that they gave good money to something so foolish, but once they reach a certain number they might be encouraged to talk.

Ellen

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 17, 2004 12:29PM

Further items from the Irish press: (when the Irish decide to make fun of you, you're in trouble)

[www.esatclear.ie]

[www.esatclear.ie]

Posted by: justin ()
Date: January 24, 2004 04:21AM

I once had a girlfriend who was hooked on that Quinn mob. She lost her beauty, her personality, almost lost her mind, lost all of her money, and was left an emotional wreck as a result of having her money, energy, emotions, etc. sucked out of her. All because she wanted to be SUCCESSFUL Tony Quinn style.
That mob mimic and backbite each other, use every trick in the book to recruit members.
The media here have exposed TQ, most people know how to steer away from him. Your brother will be back when he has no money lest. Trust me Jimmy.
Landmark is starting over here. Nick Ross Ireland needs your books and material. I found this site by looking for Landmark stuff, I am glad I did

Date: January 24, 2004 06:59AM

If anyone can spot bullshitology a mile away, its the Irish.

Let people know about this site.

Posted by: jimmy247 ()
Date: February 11, 2004 05:59AM

Tony Quinn
Thanks to all the people who expressed their views. As a family we are still perplexed. My Brother who has not been supporting his wife and family financially or in any way, has now decided that he will not be sending his children to school, he is going to teach them at home himself.. He says that school puts all the wrong stuff into their heads and he wants to teach them through" Life "
which is the way they should live, as Tony Quinn promotes.
Is this the beginning of the kids getting sucked in? His wife is so depressed she dos'nt seem to have the will to fight him.

Date: February 12, 2004 02:54AM

sucked in.

I recommend contacting some cult monitoring groups in the UK and see if you can get some legal assistance. Dont threaten your brother. See if you can get info about bad fallout from Tony Quinn--that might be of use if you find you need to go to court.

But be discreet. You dont want to alienate your brother before you learn what (if any) legal remedies are available to you. Concentrate on getting your sister in law back on her feet, too. Her kids' mental health is at stake. Get her to to the doctor for treatment of her depression.

If there's no legal remedy the best hope for the kids is for you to stay in the picture as much as you can and provide some normal experiences for them.

First casualty lost in cults is play and playfulness. Kids pick up on that very quickly. If you can provide some innocent joy in their lives, they'll at least know it exists.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.