Current Page: 3 of 9
Landmark’s logic, New Age Medicine and What the Bleep ...
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: June 04, 2005 11:24PM

Midonov:

Please don't "jump"...
We know you won't.

Those who think they are going insane, really are NOT going insane. When mentally ill, the person themself does not experience it as illness.
So, your sense of going crazy means you are normal. :shock:
Cultic mind control puts you into a totally upside down psychological world.

Your letter was fine, appropriate, well thought out. She is the mentally ill person who thinks all is well (as was my ex, and many others' ex's along here)

You are having a normal, healthy reaction to an out-of-control and tragic situation, regarding someone you've cared about.

The "love and sharing" they talk about is only within their own cultic clan. If you don't bite, fully accepting their group seduction, then you are tossed aside and forgotten quickly. The love and caring from her side was conditional upon your joining. As you quickly saw, joining means surrendering your critical thinking and self-directed life choices.

From her side, there never was an intention of shared mutual self-direction. She wanted to mutually share devoteeship with you.
Whatever about her appealed to you was only a small taste of the group's appeal to her. She is a tentacle of the group; they coached her in personal interaction patterns.
I hope I'm making sense.

Sounds like you've learned a lot and are planning to constructively use those hard won lessons. Your critical thinking, with a heart, prevailed!

Still, it hurts - ouch!

Elena and Sonniedee -- LOVE your analogies! Yes, all the psychological games that made us (the 2nd hand cult members) look like the crazy ones, because we tried to make sense of the insanity.
Those followers continue returning to the cult.... repeatedly returning to the same "tire salesman who punctured the tires" - after all he gives also addictive lollipops, when replacing the tires... oh, such sweetness.... then extra lollipops to share w/ outsiders to lure us in.

Time heals. Education is valuable.
The world will look a little bit different from now on. :?

Best of luck, MichaelD, in your recovery..

t :D

midonov123
I feel morally destroyed and disgusted !!! I realize this is what the Landmarkians are excellent at: put down, destroy and crush people who are against their practices.

Was my letter really a "hate" letter !??? Was it that bad ??? Where is all the "love and sharing" those people are talking about all the time?
I feel like jumping off the window (but don't worry I won't do it).

Michael D.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 04, 2005 11:54PM

elena
Hi CNFT,

[I particularly found "The Art of Seduction" chilling in this regard.]

--Yes. And if you're in the mood for some really scary stuff, take a look at the "speed seduction" information. It's the NLP-types, who have, evidently, taken it to the next level. Reading what they "offer" will make your hair stand on end - not so much that it works, (which I couldn't say but don't believe could be that effective), but that there are guys out there willing to pay money for these "tactics" and think it's perfectly OK. Are they preying on the fantasies of dweeby guys who would like to become "wolves," or are they pandering to the revenge fantasies of guys who think they've been taken advantage of? Either way, they're playing the same game - turning "victims" into "victimizers."

[The impression that I walked away with from many New Age healers is that the majority of them mean well, and in my own experience many of them were even effective. I'll concede that this may have been a "placebo" effect, but regardless even if it was as such, it says much for the power of the mind to heal nevertheless. And I find allopathic's total disinterest in such curious.]

--It's not that traditional practitioners are not interested in alternative medicine. There are lots and lots of "real" doctors doing and writing about alternative methods. But too often alternative types offer their wares as equivalent or replacement of traditional therapies instead of offering them in conjunction, support, or after or wherever conventional medicine fails. And also, there are waaaaay too many charlatans.

[Regardless I think that it's fair to say that like in any profession you have GREAT performers, Average ones and Worthless ones...and then there are those who are more interested in engendering in their clients a sense of learned helplessness which leads to having a perpetual customers. I suspect Landmark falls into the last group.]

--At the very least.

[And thus Landmark has painted itself into a corner. If it admits to a belief in reincarnation and the pre existence of the SOUL as being our true state of being then it has to admit that it's either a religion or that it has HUGE religious implications. That's bad for business]

--Funnily enough, and because Werner Erhard was neither educated nor particulary intelligent, they did use L. Ron Hubbard's "time-track" and past-lives regression in the early est "programs." Someone must have whispered in his ear that this stuff would put him into the "loony" category pretty quickly and he quietly dropped these, along with the "E-meters."

[On the other hand if it doesn't then ultimately Landmark's claim that we are responsible for everything that happen to us are not only HUGELY inhumane & unfair, but they make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE even from a more GNOSTIC/Eastern Philosophical ontological sense.]

--But they do in a megalomaniacal, solipsistic, Aleistar Crowley sense because that is where L. Ron Hubbard picked them up. The early accounts of him and his sci-fi buddies in Pasadena are a riot. You can read a short chapter about them in Mike Davis's "City of Quartz."

[And so Landmark had no other choice, and loiters in between, in the hazy gray area, hoping that once they've got the latest participants sold then that same haziness will simply allow the converted to hear/see whatever it is they want to see when faced with such. Thus such contradictions need never be addressed, for seemingly all capacity for critical thinking in this particular regared has been effectively neutralized in the satisfied customer.]

--Yes.

Ellen

Thanks for your particularly, dare I say, "enlightening" and informative reply. :)

Date: June 05, 2005 12:27AM

Hello:

<<I forwarded my letter above to my ex-girfriend in an effort to get "complete" with her if I may use the Landmark jargon. This was her stunning reply :

"please do not send me anymore of your hate mail. If you try to contact me in any way I will call the police.">>

First some backstory:

Have you ever heard of Cogntive Behavior Therapy(CBT)? It was essentially rediscovered by Albert Elliss back in the 1950's, although it seems to have some precedent in at least both ancient Greece and ancient India.

Anyways, its based on the theory that our thoughts or "cognitions" precede each feeling we have and thus cause them. Such can be either rational congnitions or irrational cognitions. The former engender more positive feelings and behaviors whereas the latter engender their opposites. I'll spare you the long version, but suffice it to say that it has a 30-year proven track record that has essentially outperformed other psychological systems--and even drugs--under professional supervision, of course with severe mood disorders.

Insofar as your friends behavior is concerned, it bears a striking resemblance to how my ex friend overreacted to what I thought were rather mild and moderated criticisms. After much reflection I came up with theory:

I suspect that Landmark and similar misuse CBT (their own twisted verson of it) to purposefully engender mood disorders that make participants more needy/dependent--not less--on external authority (in this case Landmark) in order to essentially create the perpetual customer/free sales associate/apologist.

<<I feel morally destroyed and disgusted !!! I realize this is what the Landmarkians are excellent at: put down, destroy and crush people who are against their practices.

Was my letter really a "hate" letter !??? Was it that bad ??? Where is all the "love and sharing" those people are talking about all the time?
I feel like jumping off the window (but don't worry I won't do it).>>

This type of Landmark-styled/inflicted irrational cognitions also seemed equally contagious with me. I, like you, experience significant self doubt/anxiety/depression, and truly began to wonder if I was the one in the wrong.

Not sure what else to do, I decided to try practicing what I learned in college and via the book "Feeling Good," and I applied CBT-based psychology to counter the Landmark-based irrational cognitions that were making me feel so rotten. For me CBT silence the pernicious voices and freed me of their emotional manipulation.

However I'm not suggesting that you, or anyone, should simply automatically do CBT as if it's some sort of panacea. However I really do suspect that Landmark uses something similar to CBT, in reverse, to create dependent mood disorders that engender needy, insecure people who then attribute all the power in thieir lives for everything to a company and then they have to pay for such power as long as they suffer under its delusion.

CNFT

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 05, 2005 10:15AM

Now, have I leaned something out of this intellectual exercise I’ve been doing for the last couple of months? The answer is yes. And I need to thank my ex-girlfriend for that. I have decided to use my background as a physicist (yes I am a professional medical physicist) and organize seminars for residents, doctors and my fellow medial physicists to discuss about the influence of modern science in Alternative Medicine in order to help my community in how to deal with patients that are puzzled by all the quaky physics and medicine that is available outside the mainstream medical world. This is not to say that all alternative medicine is quackery. But an intense effort is needed to educate our community about cults, about indoctrination, false beliefs, strange forces acting between people, the power to create the reality and ultimately the power to heal.

I have only scratched the surface so far ... and I feel overwhelmed by what remains to be done in our fights against cults and other quackery.

Michael D.

Michael D,

I was introduced to Landmark by my naturopathic physician, who basically diagnosed a chronic condition as a racket. He didn't tell me he was up to his eyeballs in Landmark the entire 1-1/2 years I knew him. Since naturopaths treat "mind, body and spirit" and he convinced me that since allopaths had failed to bring me any relief, then it must be a matter of changing my thinking, he played Landmark therapist and did a total mind fuck that took several years to unravel.

In my research, it was pointed out to me by several people that Landmark Education has a strong presence at Bastyr Naturopathic School in Washington. What better place to recruit than that? I'd love to attend your seminars on alt. med. and quackery vs helpful therapies.

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: June 05, 2005 11:53AM

Hope,

Good-connection - rumor has it that a large majority of DCD & military have been "compromised" with lec, but undercover..remember Rumsfield's "we do not know hwat we do not know"?

The herd is def. asleep!!!!!!

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: June 05, 2005 03:00PM

Good-connection - rumor has it that a large majority of DCD & military have been "compromised" with lec, but undercover..remember Rumsfield's "we do not know hwat we do not know"?

The herd is def. asleep!!!!!!

The herd is asleep and this is what landmark is counting on, they are in the majority of places still under the "cult" radar...In NZ lots of goverment departments put their staff through Landmark courses.

Landmark look out for people who are ones who can impact their work organisations. If someone who meets their criteria participates in the Landmark forum you can almost guarantee that the leader of that forum would look them out and spend time one on one with them and ensure they got coaching to get them to work on getting Landmark through out their organisation.

Posted by: Researcher ()
Date: June 06, 2005 04:15PM

Landmark is probably unaware of what they are doing to create the brainwashing outcome.

I say that because they were unable to screen out persons likely to have psychotic episodes due to the seminars.

The problem is caused by the group lecture method they use.

There are accounts posted on this site, Rick Ross, that have evidence of the reason cults can persuade victims. But there is a key piece of information missing. That is the 1960's accidental discovery of a conflict of human physiology.

The problem was discovered when it caused bizarre or pseudo-psychotic episodes in Knowledge workers using the first close-spaced office workstations. Those are the same psychotic episodes produced by EST and for the same reason.

This is difficult to see at first. The same phenomenon produces psychotic episodes in Qi Gong and Kundalini Yoga. Case histories from China say that Qi Gong users seem to become addicted and won't stop gathering others to exercise with them. The effect only happens in group exercise.

We all learn to ignore vision reflexes caused by movement near us in large groups. But ignoring them does not stop our brain from subliminally detecting the movement and continuing to attempt to force the reflex. Holding long sessions allows the phenomenon to happen often enough to cause psychiatric effects even if the full mental break does not happen.

When your brain understands the repeating subliminal stimulus as reinforcement, operant conditioning happens. The message of a lecturer is reinforced without your knowledge.

If the stimulus exceeds a threshold, different for each person, the full mental break happens.

VisionAndPsychosis.Net is the first site to explain why EST and Cults can have such a profound effect on victims.

They are unaware of this effect. They just use what works.

Posted by: reyedge ()
Date: June 07, 2005 05:26AM

I went through the exact same thing! My ex used the same exact words! Her name wasn't Valori was it?
Anyway I am proud to say that I know the exact pain that you went through. It has been almost 8 months but I still suffer from nightmares from time to time.
I am proud to say that I am a better man for going through what I did. I could have broken down and just gone along with it, but instead I trusted my instincts and learned of these evil people who only take advantage of people who are without direction.

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: June 08, 2005 02:16AM

reyedge
I went through the exact same thing! My ex used the same exact words! Her name wasn't Valori was it?
Anyway I am proud to say that I know the exact pain that you went through. It has been almost 8 months but I still suffer from nightmares from time to time.
I am proud to say that I am a better man for going through what I did. I could have broken down and just gone along with it, but instead I trusted my instincts and learned of these evil people who only take advantage of people who are without direction.

Hi Reyedge,

I doubt it's the same woman, but like Elena says, they are probably instructed to say exactly that. Your comments only reinforce my beliefs that they are expert manipulators. They use the same manipulative language, and the instructions comes from the top. My ex used to say that Landmark is the same everywhere, no matter if you take the training in Australia, in Africa, Canada or the US. Landmarkians become mere copies of one another, which explains our similar experiences.

MD

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: June 08, 2005 12:56PM

M123,

(I hope that you don't mind the short-label)...I lost a mate of 22 yrs over 1 week-end...if either one of us was comin' down with a cold - either one of us would sense it before it made us sneeze..- now I understand about what elderly people mean when they talk about 40, 50 + marriage years..they have adjusted to their diffs for the sake of "couple-ness" AWEsome...I miss that BUT it was stolen from us...by lec & again I ask, if anyone has the walnuts / need / desire for a civil suit contact me...

It's gonna happen.. :wink: this will just be the front - kiss of the wave...

lec "trainers" prep yourselves....the wave is startin' to move..(how do you spell responsible for your actions, even if a corp giant owns you? You will see.... : :lol:

PAX.....see ya soon....

Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.