ViSalus Sciences
Posted by: OutofTransition ()
Date: March 06, 2011 09:51AM

Has anyone heard about ViSalus Sciences? It's a new MLM in my area, selling vitamins and weight loss shakes. I thought I'd heard a lot before but these folks take the cake. They are saying that all you have to do is to get three people to sign up as distributors and each of them gets three people to sign up as distributors and within a month you will qualify for a Mercedes Benz! Even Mary Kay doesn't promise that much that soon.

My department manager just started selling it, that's how I found out about it. They make it sound like a can't lose proposition which we all know isn't true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ViSalus Sciences
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 06, 2011 10:19AM

Thank you for sharing this new (to me) MLM.

The fact that it is an MLM is enough for me to flash the red light (well beyond the yellow caution light).

These things are one shade off of a pyramid scheme. In my opinion MLM ARE pyramid schemes.

You have a tougher time ahead, most likely....your department manager is a newbie pie-eyed fool. He/she WILL attempt to "sign you up".

Document EVERYTHING he/she tells you or tries to push on you including times, summary of conversations, any and all details of everything including where each conversation happened (office, bar, home phone), etc. Keep this note book separate from all your other books. UPDATE THIS BOOK ALL THE TIME SHE/HE MENTIONS THIS MLM. This is consider legally sound evidence in most jurisdictions.

This is admissable as evidence in most courts of law. Should you be terminated if you don't buy your mangers coming sales-pitch (for whatever crap reason he/she may/will imply and drum up against you) you can sue your employer for BIG $$$, getting his/her butt terminated at the same time. No matter how much you may like your manager, this is all about protecting you.

Many lawyers will queue up around the block to take this easy-money case.

KEEP RECORDS OF EVERYTHING! Protect yourself from these scumbag MLM people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2011 10:23AM by Sparky.

Date: March 07, 2011 03:49AM

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I am hoping that it won't come to that, although she was pretty pushy at the party. She and the others would say, oh, we aren't pressuring you, and five minutes later back at the same subject.

I really doubt that she will come out and make continued employment dependent upon my joining. However the place where I work isn't unionized and I live in an "at-will" state which means that they can pretty much terminate you for any reason as long as it isn't the obvious illegal ones. I think even with documentation I would have a hard time proving my case and getting a lawyer to listen to me. Contrary to popular belief, this sort of thing isn't easy to win. All they have to do is point to some other reason. Right now due to the economy the company has been going through hard times and there have been several layoffs and job eliminations. They'd just put me in with the next batch and there'd be nothing anyone could do about it.

I know of a company who had one employee die due to an injury at work. His survivors sued only to have the case thrown out of court because apparently the deceased did not follow proper procedures. This company's reputation was such that who knows what the truth actually was. When you see something like this, it doesn't give you much confidence in the legal system.

In the meantime I shall try to keep my head low and steer clear. Hopefully this will blow over and she will either find some other sucker or end up becoming disillusioned herself.

Date: March 07, 2011 04:55AM

I did a little Googling; what I came up with was quite interesting. My search turned up mostly pro-Visalus sites. Apparently the company is VERY defensive about being labeled a scam. They seem to have been around for a few years and are claiming they are different from all the other MLM's. There also seemed to be something shady in their past, but since I don't know all the names and players on the MLM circuit they didn't mean much to me.

MLM's don't sit well with me in general but something about this one just gives me the creeps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.