$28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: DonCameron ()
Date: September 09, 2004 12:53AM

Lately I have received several offers to obtain an awful lot of money if I am willing to play along with them. All I have to do is pretend that I am the next of kin. Here is one of the proposals...

FROM BARRISTER TANKO ATANDA
ATANDA CHAMBERS
LOME TOGO
WEST AFRICA.
Attention;Don Cameron .

I am contacting you for the claim of your late uncle's fund that was
deposited with a Bank here in the republic of togo.I must solicit your confidence in this claim,this is by virtue of it's nature as being utterly confidential and top Secret.
Though I know that contact of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well since I know everything about your late uncle's fund. I have decided to contact you due to the urgency of this matter. Let me start by introducing myself properly to you.
I am BARRISTER ATANDA TANKO.the attorney to your late uncle,Engr J B.CAMERON(Snr) an oil Merchant with the Government of the Rep of Togo Lome-Togo,and until his death some years ago in Kenya Air
Bus(A310-300)Flight KQ430,Banked with ACCEZ LA BANQUE ET AU GROUPE D'INVESTISSEMENT(ABGI),Lome-Togo and had a closing balance as at the end of September, 2001 worth US$28,000,000.00 (Twenty eight Million United States Dollars).
The bank now expects the Next of Kin to come forward as Beneficiary.Efforts has been made by the ACCEZ LA BANQUE ET AU GROUPE D'INVESTISSEMENT(ABGI),Management to see to this cliam but all to no avail.Also mordalities has been put to place to get or identify any member of the Deceased Family or relatives, but till date all still prove abortive .
Now seing that you have relatively the same surname i decided tocontact you for this claim and secondly seing that the said deceased being a foreigner that help to make your claim rigid.Now the management under the influence of the bank Chairman and Members of the Board of directors are working to see that this account or fund is declared Unclaimed .As all effort have never proved fruitfull on laying hand on any relative of this customer of there's.Now in order to avert this negative development, I find it a great previlage to get you contacted since your surnames are the same and you can go successfully for this claim as the next of kin to the deceaced client of this bank.
All documents and proof to enable you get this fund will be carefully worked out by me for this claim.I have secured from the probate an order of Mandamus to locate any of the deceased beneficiaries,and more so I am assuring you that this claim is 100% risk free. Now it is left for you to decide on what you will give me as my percentage for assisting you in this claim.
I hope to hearing from you soon or call me immediately you receive this mail on this phone number ,....00228-948-55-93 or Alternative email:barr_ttanda_esq1@hotmail.com barr_ttanda_esq1@hotmail.com

Yours Sincerely,
BARRISTER TANKO ATANDA
(ATTORNEY AT LAW)

Has anyone else received such an offer?

Don Cameron
New Book: "Captives of a Concept" (Anatomy of an Illusion)
Learn about it at www.CaptivesOfaConcept.com

Options: ReplyQuote
$28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: September 09, 2004 02:00AM

Zillions of people. It's called the "Nigerian Scam"

See hre for more info: [www.ftc.gov]

$28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 12, 2005 10:09AM

Being in the "credit industry", it has been widely know for years that the (not all) have "had it out for the US" to rip them off back for what the US Gov. has done there (Oh, what a surprise :?: )

In the early days, you could immediately eye a false application by the fact that it was typed & had periods after everything (name, add, etc) :o

But then "grew up!)

P.A.X.

$28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: mundorodd ()
Date: March 30, 2006 02:16AM

I got that message too and the funny thing is that the Ip address matches with the address written in the mail message.

See it for yourself at www.ip2location.net/demo.aspx
The ip is: 80.248.64.141

Ricardo Chambers & Co
Rue 52 Pisimoula,
Lome-Togo West Africa.
TEL00-228-992-2432

I'm sending this to the feds, I hear that in west africa you find the worst criminals

$28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: April 01, 2006 02:01AM

FBI has a special unit devoted to Nigerian & West African money-laundering scams. You can report these.

$28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: larrye2001 ()
Date: April 09, 2006 02:55PM

They offer you free money if you will send them money to open an account in your name is some third world bank, some people send the money and they never receive a " card that says Thank you Sucker" :( but true.

$28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: Bart ()
Date: March 03, 2007 03:45AM

FROM THE DESK OF:
Barrister Tanko Atanda
The principal partner,
Maxco Chambers,
No.01 Rue Avenida,
Lome-Togo.

Dear Friend

I am Barrister Tanko Atanda, an Attorney at law, and the Personal lawyer to Mr.P.A a foreigner who used to work with Shell International Republic of Togo, Hereinafter shall be referred to as my client.

As it may interest you to know, Your contact was giving to me by divine aspiration when I was searching for whom to effect this with as I was going through some directories. I decided to contact you in order to champion such a business magnitude without any problem.

On the 21st of September 2001, my client,his wife and their two children were involved in a car accident along Kara-Sokode expressway while arriving from a Holiday to Lome. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives.

Since then, I have made several inquiries to their embassy to locate any of their extended relatives and this has also proved unsuccessful. I am contacting you to assist in repatriating the fund valued at US$8.3m,(Eight million and three hundred thousand United States Dollars), left behind by my client before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Security Finance Firm where this huge amount were deposited. The said Security Finance Company has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin to the deceased to have the consignment within the next twenty one official working days, which I promised to contact the next relative as you.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 2 years now, I seek your consent to present as the next of kin to the deceased since you have the same last names, so that the proceeds of this consignment can be released to you.

Therefore, I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free. All I require from you is your honest co-operation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Sincerely,
Barrister Tanko Atanda

:oops: :shock: :roll:

This guy makes more promises then Carter has little liver pills... Can you spell scam? I keep writing back to him and have a great deal of fun, but I want to turn the tables on these fraudsters and could use some help. If you would just send USD $2,500.00 in small, unmarked bills to,... :lol:

$28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: S_Byers666 ()
Date: March 06, 2007 10:13PM

Please could folk NOT post the texts of these emails here. They're nithing to do with cults. They're a complete waste of bandwidth. I get at least 10 a day from all kinds of frauds.

They're a major industry in Nigeria and elsewhere. I get them from Russia, Ukraine, Europe - even France and the UK, and from god-forsaken little countries I've not even hear of. They all claim illness, death or misfortune. I used to email back saying "what great news - if you die there'll be less junk emails" - but that only confirms that they've 'hit' a valid email address.

Once a 'live' email address is discovered this is circulated to all other fraudsters. I suspect that they have CDs of email addresses for purchase by other intending fraudsters.

Incidentally its little use in playing along with them - that's a total waste of time too.

They're actually a complete scam, a fraud, a rip-off. I also get hundreds of emails from Lottery Companies informing me that I've won a high prize - but to send money to find out how to claim it.

And how do they get your email address: usually from the Newsgroups, but also by automatically generating all of the different permuations of names @ every ISP they know about; and also by trawling the web. I've even had these emails sent to a completely new Hotmail account.

Re: $28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: greg hamond ()
Date: November 09, 2007 04:32AM

and i read they have satrted a new one...mailing checks to people..the govt has a site...fakecheck....check it out

Re: $28,000,000 for me if...
Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: November 26, 2007 12:20PM

There are groups of people on the internet called "scambaiters". They reply to these scam letters with false identities and bizarre requests, making these scammers jump through all sorts of hoops and leading them on ad nauseum. A good site is: 419eaters.com

The Letters Archive and Forum has some great details of what they did and how they did it. One scammer claimed he was dying in hospital and only had weeks to live, and he wanted to pass his millions on to someone outside of Africa. This scambaiter had him carve a bust, film the Dead Parrot skit from Monty Python and a bunch of other things over many many months. A rather robust artist for a dying man!

And no, I'm not advocating that you do this yourself. Check out the site and see how they did it, go into the forums and see the amount of technical expertise required (these scammers aren't all stupid but they can be dangerous). If you try scambaiting don't say I sent you. I didn't.

The site is hysterically funny though. I wouldn't have the nerve personally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.