Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Relationships with Sterling Men
Posted by: hattah ()
Date: August 08, 2009 07:47AM

If it comes to him talking her, or trying to talk her into the Women's weekend..........WHAT DO I DO??????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: August 09, 2009 09:14AM

Could you show her these threads? That would be a wake-up call for me...

Posted by: tiggerwil ()
Date: August 09, 2009 09:44AM

you could tell her to ask LOTS of questions, and don't take

"oh you'll just have to see when you get there, it's so special and wonderful we can't tell you anything"

routine.

ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS.

or tell her to go to a holiday inn with a pool for the weekend,

she might save some money, and she'll be helping the economy, not some putrid pizza face.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: August 09, 2009 04:44PM

In the very least I'm inclined to ask back with "If it's so special and wonderful, why can't you tell me anything?"

... or ... "Oh. Just like Amway?" :-)

John

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: August 10, 2009 08:01AM

HA! Love it, John Fox! .. or ... "Oh. Just like Amway?" :-)

Great answer. If someone "can't tell you, you gotta experience it!" then blow it off, people!

It's IDENTICAL to "can't tell you, you gotta experience gonorrhea!"

I'll pass...you enjoy the penicillon...

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: August 10, 2009 09:23AM

Reminds me of a joke ....

Q. What do you give a man who has everything?
A. Penicillin

Boom Boom! Thank-you. Thank-you. I'll be here all week.

John

Date: September 22, 2009 12:09AM

Sparky
Could you show her these threads? That would be a wake-up call for me...

Hi Sparky :)
Actually she is poking around again and I have sent her several things from this site and FactNet that I am hoping will help out. I can see myself that there has always been a 'red flag' flying with her concerning this relationship. I think he sounds 'too good to be true"....and she has enough of the terminology to be wondering what 'kind' of relationship he is looking for with her.

Could you point me to a place here at Ross that answers this question please?

She wants to know:

if The Men think it is okay to have a relationship on the side as long as you don't get caught?

I know I saw this somewhere but cannot find it.

Posted by: Nancy Drew ()
Date: September 22, 2009 12:48AM

I think I said this at some point earlier, so to reiterate, my Sterling ex told me there are two kinds of women: The kind you marry, and the kind you take to Vegas for the weekend. He made it pretty clear to me that he thought that men shouldn't have to be monogamous.

Posted by: tiggerwil ()
Date: September 22, 2009 09:42PM

from what i've read and understand, it's all supposed to be about keeping the family together at all costs.

i think there are specifics of course, the types of men in the groups, etc.

however they're all being led around like puppy dogs to conform

and i basically believe that if a guy is the type, he will probably cheat if he is already inclined to do so, and if the

group knows, again i think decisions will be made regarding the 1st womans flaws, virtues etc. as to whether or not

it is acceptable.

i have dropped out of my relationship outside of mundane things, we live together and raise our son,

but i maintain that i do not need a mediator in my relationship, i am a participant, not a recipient, and on that basis

i'm not interacting with my guy on a personal level at this time. sad, but true.

i'm not a lab rat for him to test all his "tasks" out on, and right now, i am my sons mom, and that is the only role i

care about right now

Date: September 23, 2009 12:25AM

Nancy Drew
I think I said this at some point earlier, so to reiterate, my Sterling ex told me there are two kinds of women: The kind you marry, and the kind you take to Vegas for the weekend. He made it pretty clear to me that he thought that men shouldn't have to be monogamous.

Hi N Drew
I was hoping you might post again here. You mentioned in another post that you had a letter? Invitation to a Men's Weekend? If I have that right and if you could would you please post it here? Maybe that is asking alot, and if so, I completely understand but sometimes when things are seen in black and white they make an impression.

I totally agree with you and tiggerwil. It may somewhat depend on the personality of the man involved but my gut tells me from what I have read in different places that none of them are likely to spank another guy for doing it. There may well have been a glitch of this kind already...though no one thinks it was anything physical ( not even me). Just an ongoing flirtation.

Of course you don't live half a century without knowing that where there is smoke there is sure to be a flame at some point.

thanks for your input
hattah

Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.