Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Relationships with Sterling Men
Posted by: tiggerwil ()
Date: August 03, 2009 12:14PM

could i ask you some questions?

my guy recently did the wkend and is presently on his "overnight" for the point team.

he is already beginning to show some irritation at the constant contact and work required, but i don't know which way he's going to go yet.

i'm trying to educate him as much as i can, but he's defensive. i tell him i'm just stating fact!

since he's come back he's been much more thoughtful and we've actually had some great times like when we first

met, but i am really on guard and suspicious. any advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nancy Drew ()
Date: August 04, 2009 09:10AM

Tell him he can be a good man on his own without giving over all his time and money to a bunch of jerks who get their testosterone kicks by bullying other men into becoming a--holes. Tell him you've read that many relationships actually break up because of this cruel and destructive cult, and that you don't want your relationship to suffer the same fate.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: August 04, 2009 09:37AM

Real men defend women and protect children.

John

Date: August 04, 2009 06:01PM

if only he would listen, but that certainly isn't happening right now.
it's amazing how this s**t seeps into your subconscious mind,
it would be fascinating stuff if it weren't actually happening to us

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: August 04, 2009 06:23PM

Perhaps it would be a good premise for a horror movie?

<movie voiceover guy> "In a world where things are not as they seem. A young man goes to do a self improvement course ..."

John

Date: August 04, 2009 07:59PM

funny---- if you want to send me a private message, i could send you something all of us at work thought was pretty funny, of course my guy is too involved to laugh. i also have another pretty creative idea, i think. it could be a dud or it could be something

Date: August 05, 2009 03:09AM

If I was a TV writer, I'd pitch a dramatic series based on the Sterling Men to HBO. Combining elements of bizarre humor with psychological horror, the topic of the Sterling Men provides a wealth of material that seems ripe for commercial exploitation. Not only would it be a highly entertaining show, but it would create some much needed public awareness and hopefully harm the ability of groups like this to continue perpetrating their crap on the unsuspecting masses... So, I hope some TV writer out there is reading all this and getting inspired!!!

Anyway, good luck, Tiggerwill. I hope that your man comes back around. It is fascinating stuff, though indeed very painful and disorienting to experience on a personal level. My very short but intense run-in with a Sterling Man has definitely changed my life forever -- almost two years later and I'm still obsessed with the topic (although thankfully, it is not as all-consuming as it was for a while there)! I've always considered myself pretty savy about the world and people in general, but I felt a major loss of innocence over this matter. I studied the history of religion as a major in college and had a basic knowledge of cults, but I had absolutely no idea that there were so many of these types of social predators out there today, actively trying to invade our homes and lives and turn them upside down for what seems to be nothing more than an addiction to exercising power and cruelty.

It's good that you have work colleagues (and hopefully other friends and family) to share your experience with. The Sterling Men will try to convince your guy that you are the enemy. You need to surround yourself with people who care about you and who can keep you emotionally grounded in the real world; people who will be able to provide balance to the misguided propaganda and brainwashing techniques that your guy may eventually try to impose on you if he succumbs to the psychological tactics of this group. Keep up your self-esteem, be good to yourself, maintain control over your life and don't let anyone push you around or try to make you feel bad about yourself in any way. It is heartbreaking to see someone you love get led astray, but whatever you do, just don't blame yourself. There are so many of us who have been in the same unfortunate boat as you are in now.

Date: August 05, 2009 03:25AM

thank you so much for your support. i asked him to leave, so i have to get going while he packs. this thing has just started and i feel like i'm going crazy. i need to be out of it. let him deal with it.

Date: August 05, 2009 03:40AM

Wow. Good for you for acting so decisively, but sorry it had to end up this way.

Posted by: WiserNow ()
Date: August 05, 2009 03:57AM

Hi Tigerwil,
You're probably better off cutting your losses now and getting out of the situation. But I understand how difficult it is to see someone you care about change to such an extent. The tenants of the Sterling program makes it impossible to have a meaningful relationship based on love, respect and trust. Plus Sterling boys are angry guys, and lose any sense of humor they may have once had. His Point Team buddies are probably cheering since in their mind (and now possibly in your BF's mind) you are one of those women who feminize men. (We all are unless we're graduates of the Family of Women weekend.) They'll be reminding him of the 50 Cent Tips and smoking cigars at their next meeting. One day your BF will look back on his time with you and realize his mistake, as the phone rings and he's expected be show up at one more stupid Sterling meeting or enroll another poor, confused, lost sucker.

Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.