MLMs, scams, etc.
Posted by: SFCRetired ()
Date: August 29, 2007 09:30AM

I've read through most of these topics and I still come back with one basic truth: The hardest man in the world to cheat is an honest man.

Another would be: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I got suckered into one MLM when I was a lot younger and a whole lot dumber. I will admit that I liked some of their products, but others that were pushed on me made me very ill. During one of my spells of illness, I started doing the math on what it would take to make the money being promised. When I could finally get out of the house, I took the stuff back, got my money back, and politely left instructions that I was not to be called or sent any sort of mail.

Daddy always said the best way to double your money would be to fold it and put it back in your pocket!! :D

Options: ReplyQuote
MLMs, scams, etc.
Posted by: bigdog ()
Date: September 18, 2007 11:01AM

SFC, I ALMOST got suckered into an MLM. Thank God my common sense prevailed.

Re: MLMs, scams, etc.
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 13, 2009 08:16PM

Those considering an MLM should research them very carefully.

Many people lose money and regret ever having become involved in such ventures.

See [www.vandruff.com]

This link explains the basic problems that are inherently wrong with most if not all MLMs.

Posted by: itslocke ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:07AM

mod-

A lot of people lose money every day. I don't think you can group legitimate multi-level marketing business with other scams and call them all MLMs.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:33AM

Itslocke:

You seem to be here as an MLM supporter.

What MLM are you involved in?

Typically, people lose money or make very little money in MLM schemes.

Also, don't attempt to attack people personally on this board, which you tried to do at another thread.

Such posts will not be approved.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 22, 2009 08:26AM

I was pressured by a co-worker into "joining" Amway (or whatever they currently call themselves). I didn't really "join"...I went to one of their stupid "Rah! Rah!" events with my co-worker's meat-hooks into me. A lot of it struck me as what I'd imagine a christian revival camp to be, with prayers and cheers. I bought the $90 (USD) "sample" kit to get him off my back and left post-haste. I cannot imagine ANYONE supporting MLM. These people are almost, in my opinion, CULTISTS. Anyone reading this who thinks they want to try MLM's in this tough global economy....RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK! (apologies for the capital letters).

Re: MLMs, scams, etc. Amway www.skepdic.com/mlm.html
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: May 27, 2009 03:16PM

MLM multi-level marketing (network marketing) have been PROVEN time and time again, to be scams.
The only people making any money, are the people who own the MLM, who started it.

MLM people lie constantly, to get new recruits.
They will lie saying they make 100x what they make to try to enrol you underneath them.
They even have deceptive pay-stubs, which appear to be large "net income" but are actually gross income, before they have to pay most or all of that in expenses.

They will constantly lie, and tell you their MLM is difference, and trick people telling them they will get rich, and be able to retire from all the people they enrol.
Its a scam.
And all of the MLM's now use numerous tactics to dupe people into buying their training materials, and spending more than they could ever make. They usually become very cultish.

SKEPDIC multi-level marketing (a.k.a. network marketing & referral marketing) [www.skepdic.com]

Multi-level marketing is system of marketing which puts more emphasis upon the recruiting of distributors than on the selling of products. As such, it is intrinsically flawed. MLM is very attractive, however, because it sells hope and appears to be outside the mainstream of business as usual. It promises wealth and independence to all. Unfortunately, no matter what the product, MLM is doomed to produce more failures than successes. For every MLM distributor who makes a decent living or even a decent supplemental income, there are at least ten who do little more than buy products and promotional materials, costing them much more than they will ever earn as an MLM agent....

At the turn of the century, the average Amway distributor earned about $700 a year in sales, but spent about $1,000 a year on Amway products. Distributors also have other expenses related to the business, e.g., telephone, gas, motivational meetings, and publicity material (Amway.com; Klebniov 1991).

The reason MLM schemes cannot succeed is because MLM marketing is, in essence, a legal pyramid scheme. The basic idea is for a sales person to recruit more sales persons. This is very advantageous to those who own the company and supply the products, especially since the sales persons in MLMs are also customers. But it is puzzling why a sales person would think it is to his or her advantage to increase the number of competing sales persons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 03:18PM by The Anticult.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: July 15, 2009 01:52AM

Anyone for MLM Bingo?

Also .... Is it true that you have better odds of making a profit if you are a gambler than working in a multi-level marketing (MLM) business? Click here to see.

John

Posted by: shelleyfox ()
Date: September 07, 2009 12:10PM

We all hate scam. I hate scam..I was once a victim of a scam.. I agree that when a program sounds, too good to be true then most likely it is a scam..
Nowadays its getting harder to be identify.. So, my advice is to research and don't jump in easily.. Have a wise thought and decision before you join any program..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.