Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: December 06, 2003 06:33AM

Kevin Trudeau is a prime example.
This one, I think, was actually sentenced for fraud and he still keeps ticking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: LoriS ()
Date: December 06, 2003 07:21AM

Have you gone to the Awareness Page website and read the guest book comments from the Harmony people regarding Hans Berger? This was the LGAT we got burned by. You have to start from the beginning of the guestbook and read it all the way through. Bizzare stuff.

The guy who introduced us to it, as well as about 200 other people, I'm convinced is a sociopath. I've seen him cry on cue, and lie so convincingly that even when you know for certain he is full of it, you still almost want to believe him. He is very involved with the Harmony organization and I'd be willing to bet money he gets paid for every warm body he brings through the door. That guy doesn't lift a finger unless it profits him.

Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: LoriS ()
Date: December 06, 2003 07:26AM

Hope,

I went to the website for prosperity abounds and had to laugh. Years ago I dated a guy who took that super blue green algae stuff. Did you know if you take it for very long it makes you smell funny?

He was also one who was so freaked out about the Y2K thing, that he bought a generator and a garage full of food and water. His friends called his place "the bunker". He also considered joining this group that was buying farmland in New Zealand and they all were going to go there in Dec '99 to await the impending disaster, so they could live a self sustaining existence without electricity.

I called him on New Years Day. "Guess what? My toaster works! And my phone, and my car, and....."

Too funny. Thanks for the chuckle.

Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: automaticftp ()
Date: December 06, 2003 01:02PM

What Lori (and others) said about rape really underlines the "It's all about the money..." thing. As a prosecutor intern, I am confident in saying that rape is almost NEVER about the woman--it is a crime of POWER. Same thing seems to be true of LGATs...

Landmark is the only one I know anything about. Do the others seem similarly patriarchal?

Best,

Auto.

Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: December 06, 2003 10:25PM

LoriS,

Yes - that Prosperity Abounds page did get better the more I read. They only choose 15 people to work for them (which means if you're chosen, you must be pretty darn special - the hook and beginning of the love-bomb stage).

Re LF and rape. I was fortunate to have a woman sit next to me at the Forum who, like myself had been raped. After seeing wat the FL did to a young man who had been physically abused by his Dad when he was a boy, we both just looked at each other and said at the same time, "no way am I sharing anything." Unfortuantely, I did not get another chance to speak with her but I wonder what effect the Forum had on her. Even tho it may seem like you escaped with your mind intact, you don't.

The really bad part for me was that my doctor DID have an effect on me and used my rape "story" the way LE would have. He did not believe that prior therapy had helped me work thru it all (it happened when I was 17). His twisted language included assuring me it wasn't my fault (only because I was so young), but made sure I knew my health problems at the time I was seeing him were a direct result of the rape, because I was hanging on to my story to avoid taking responsibility for my life.

There are studies using Ecstasy in PTSD (in Europe) and he wanted to be the one to release all this trapped stuff in me. The arrogance! Like a true sociopath, when I refused, he said that was another example of my inability to take responsibility(!!!), yet sent me a cover-your-ass email accusing me of asking for recreational Ecstasy, which he would never dream of providing. It's as if he memorized the training manual for sociopaths. Way back in these threads, when I was still pretty confused, I did see enough similarities with him and LEC that I concured the Forum was a continuing ed for sociopaths. Problem is that most people don't know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a sociopath, can't imagine what it's like and generally believe the sociopath, who is usually quite a good salesperson. Unless people are educated about these types, LGATS will keep thriving.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.