Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: November 26, 2003 02:47AM

While researching a possible business venture, I came across an ad for this company in a highly regarded entrepreneural journal. The more I read, the weirder it got.

[www.prosperity-abounds.com]

An excerpt..
"We attract everything that manifests in our lives. No being or situation can ever inflict anything on us and we can never be victims. We are the creators of our own reality. Whatever we put our attention on automatically manifests in our lives. The Universe must, by universal law, deliver to us that which we focus on. If we feel and think about well-being, prosperity, love, abundance, joy and inspiration, we will fill our lives with those very things. If our attention is drawn to the evening news that highlights the starvation in Africa, the viruses being spread or terrorism, we will attract events of similar tone into our lives. We are the only creators of our personal realities. If we examine the primary content of our thoughts, feelings and beliefs, we will find them to be an exact match to the situations, people and events in our lives."

So...in order to work for this company, be prepared to take on the above philosophy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: sunsetserene ()
Date: December 03, 2003 01:25PM

Hi Hope,

It's a "cute" philosophy, but to the best of my understanding it's sort of a bastardized East Indian Vedanta which annoys the purists to no end.

One danger I've observed with some who've espoused some such similar philosophy is that whenver anyone has a misfortune the group piles a heap of blame on the victim.

They belittle him or her for "manifesting" their misfortune. I find that an extremely childish oversimplification of the original Vedanta. And I'm not even a purist of it.

In a business setting, especially if sales are involved, I'd be very wary, for I can easily see how a sales performance meeting could sink to the level of what I described above: "I'm more "enlightened" because I got higher sales and hence bank account that you all."

I've never been a good salesman so I'd not last long in such an environment.

In that vein have you heard the commercials for Qwest lately about "unlimited possibilities?" It may just be a coincidende, but ever time I hear that particular phrase I feel a twinge in my gut.

Hopefully it's just a coincidence and LEC hasn't gotten to them.

SS

Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: December 04, 2003 11:56AM

Advertisers, Real Estate Agents, Politicians, all loved our courses.

Cons one and all.

Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: December 04, 2003 11:06PM

SS,

It's a shame how crooks have bastardized teachings from Vedanta and others for use in scamming people. My holistic doctor did this, and used LE tech, which uses many twisted versions of eastern philosophy and psych. Eastern stuff was new to me then but now I can't stand to read it - it's all a reminder and I interpret it still via their version. There are now so many businesses throwing in eastern concepts and gurus popping up all over the place, and LGAT infiltrating organizations that their ideas and jargon are becoming accepted now. The one therapist I saw after LF turned out to be pro-LE(!), but she said it's not for me because I'm always searching. But, she clearly did not see any way LF could harm people.

I've overheard conversations in supermarkets between soccer moms loaded with language about being authentic, being responsible, creating clearings, blah, blah, blah. It's really freaky.

Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: sunsetserene ()
Date: December 05, 2003 06:53AM

Hope
SS,

It's a shame how crooks have bastardized teachings from Vedanta and others for use in scamming people. My holistic doctor did this, and used LE tech, which uses many twisted versions of eastern philosophy and psych. Eastern stuff was new to me then but now I can't stand to read it - it's all a reminder and I interpret it still via their version. There are now so many businesses throwing in eastern concepts and gurus popping up all over the place, and LGAT infiltrating organizations that their ideas and jargon are becoming accepted now. The one therapist I saw after LF turned out to be pro-LE(!), but she said it's not for me because I'm always searching. But, she clearly did not see any way LF could harm people.

I've overheard conversations in supermarkets between soccer moms loaded with language about being authentic, being responsible, creating clearings, blah, blah, blah. It's really freaky.

Hi Hope & Guy:

It's truly a shame that LEC and similar have coopted so much beneficial thought and methodology from both Eastern philosophy

(ooops! I almost typed Easter philosophy! LOL I have NO IDEA what THAT would be!)

and Western psychology.

Yet ironically despite all of LEC's claims of "authenticity" I've yet to hear them cite their sources and give credit where credit is due.
But then again old L. Ron like to take credit for any good idea.

In their proper contexts both Eastern philosopy and Western psychology have so many tangigle helpful things to offer:

From yoga I've learned how breath control, meditation and concentration can have literal and scientifically measurable tangible benefits for stronger immunity, stress reduction, emotional equilibrium and self esteem.

And from Western psychology I've learned SO VERY MUCH about myself as an individual and how we all relate together in everything from dating to families and beyond.

But just like when someone eats graham crackers just before getting the flu and then spending all night worshipping the "porcelain god," it's only human nature that if one had encountered some of these concepts in an LEC context that they'd tend to look askance at them if their LEC experience was a bad one.

I know that whenever I hear the buzz words like "new age," "authentic," "possibilities" and "stories" I have similar conditioned responses--bad ones.

SS

Prosperity Abounds
Posted by: LoriS ()
Date: December 05, 2003 08:26AM

This sounds like Napoleon Hill's "Think and grow rich", which I've read was inspiration for Erhard back in the day.

I picked up a book recently, titled "Excuse me, you life is waiting" subtitled "the astonishing power of feelings". Same stuff, but seemingly written for women. I got really annoyed toward the end when the author started in on the thread that if a woman is raped then she attracted that to herself.

I bet she's a LGAT Grad.

Prosperity Abounds
Date: December 05, 2003 11:07AM

LoriS,

At LEC it would be:
"Who are you managing the existence of yourself that rape would show up in your life?"

Simpler:

"You are the clearing for rape."

:eek:

Prosperity Abounds
Date: December 06, 2003 04:48AM

You know, I do not consider myself a violent person, or perhaps it's better to say I once did not. Maybe the intrusion of the LGAT in my life has changed things.

But this stuff gets me worked up. My first thought reading your post was how quickly I would rip out the throat of someone who would dare say that to me.

The damage they must do to people is so difficult to fathom. I've seen it first hand, and still it's hard to comprehend. Reading yours and GC's posts with the "inside story" is so frightening.

Prosperity Abounds
Date: December 06, 2003 05:35AM

LoriS,

It's not so hard to fathom when you realize that you are just an object to these people.

You don't really exist.

One of the underlying principles is that the outside universe is just an abstract, an extension.

It is all a manifestation of you.

"who are they that you are?"

"who are you that they are?"
and
"There's nobody "out" there."

You are to be used.

Prosperity Abounds
Date: December 06, 2003 05:57AM

Doesn't that fit the definition of a sociopath pretty neatly?

The most frightening thing is the way people get sucked in and used and feel grateful for it. Then their family is left wondering what the hell happened to them. It's heartbreaking.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.