Current Page: 9 of 17
Abraham - Hicks
Posted by: bigdog ()
Date: September 19, 2007 04:36AM

Vic, if it makes you feel any better:

I heard about Abraham-Hicks from a friend. It piqued my interest so I checked it out (like I do many things). I even posted a few times on one of their boards.

Know what? They all got mad at me.

Know why? I asked tough questions.

I'm just a curious person who will not accept anything without understanding. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's experience, or challenge anyone's beliefs. I've found, generally speaking, that those who are open and above board welcome inquiries and do their best to honestly answer questions.

When I was immediately attacked and treated with suspicion on this board, it made me wonder, so I read many other threads. I found that I am not the only one who has been treated this way.

This is a direct quote from your last post:

A cult, from my perspective, is any entity that [b:d98783976b]does not allow for questioning of itself or the knowledge[/b:d98783976b].

Think about it. Do you still wonder why I asked questions? Are you still angry with me for doing so? Isn't the point of this whole board to get information out so that people WILL ask questions first?

Options: ReplyQuote
Abraham - Hicks
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 19, 2007 05:51AM

bigdog
Vic, if it makes you feel any better:

I heard about Abraham-Hicks from a friend. It piqued my interest so I checked it out (like I do many things). I even posted a few times on one of their boards.

Know what? They all got mad at me.

Know why? I asked tough questions.

I'm just a curious person who will not accept anything without understanding. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's experience, or challenge anyone's beliefs. I've found, generally speaking, that those who are open and above board welcome inquiries and do their best to honestly answer questions.

When I was immediately attacked and treated with suspicion on this board, it made me wonder, so I read many other threads. I found that I am not the only one who has been treated this way.

This is a direct quote from your last post:

A cult, from my perspective, is any entity that [b:4b80c73379]does not allow for questioning of itself or the knowledge[/b:4b80c73379].

Think about it. Do you still wonder why I asked questions? Are you still angry with me for doing so? Isn't the point of this whole board to get information out so that people WILL ask questions first?

I'm not angry, quite the contrary. I hope people DO ask questions first...as long as the people they are asking have the capacity to answer them honestly and not from a script...or only "what they've been told by staff," OR lastly and probably most importantly...the ones giving answeres to hard questions choose to be ignorant of what they're invloved in, although they may have a greater understanding or capacity to than they're letting on. What happens in MLMs and LGATs is that any deep, probing questions are met with trite answers or laughter...or hit with a love-bomb pre-emptive strike, setting the stage for someone asking questions to be "negging" or "having a racket." Dig?

Abraham - Hicks
Posted by: marieg ()
Date: September 21, 2007 10:59PM

Back to Esther and Jerry... when I read their story in Ask & It is Given, I immediately thought Esther was under demonic possession. If her initial encounter with Abraham is true, then I am convinced she had something evil enter her body.

Abraham - Hicks
Posted by: Harleygal ()
Date: September 22, 2007 01:07AM

marieg
Back to Esther and Jerry... when I read their story in Ask & It is Given, I immediately thought Esther was under demonic possession. If her initial encounter with Abraham is true, then I am convinced she had something evil enter her body.

Thank you for making me laugh and putting a smile on my face!

Re: Abraham - Hicks
Posted by: Harleygal ()
Date: December 19, 2007 03:54AM

If my purpose in this life is to save a family from being destroyed by Abraham-Hicks, then that is exactly what I intend on doing! This self centered self absorbed selfish following gives reason to do whatever you want whether it is moral or not and it doesn't matter who it affects in the process. I had a conversation with a gentleman who I didn’t realize at the time was into A-H, and when I hung up with him I thought to myself, what the hell did I just experience. The gentleman’s quotes were from Abraham-Hicks’ books and I immediately thought, you don't even have one individual thought or quote, how sad I feel for you and then he told me that his vibrations can tell him everything and during the last part of our conversation he was getting the vibration that I was a liar, which he accused me of being and he hung up on me. Oh come on! He also told me that he has a problem with organized religion because we believe in one god, when in reality we are all gods! Again I am shaking my head trying to understand what I had just listened to for the past 20 minutes…

This individual also went on about material items and how this world has become so materialistic. He wasn’t pointing that out to me as something he actually believed; he was telling me I was materialistic because I basically won’t hand over to my soon-to-be ex- husband everything we own. You see, the soon to be ex-husband believes that everything we have belongs to him and if he has his way he will financially devastate me and leave me in the streets to rot. This brings me to this quote under A-H website…

“Use whatever excuse you can to vibrate in harmony with those things you've been saying you want. And when you do, those things that are a vibrational equivalent flow into your experience in abundance. Not because you deserve it, not because you've earned it, but because it's the natural consequence of the Law of Attraction. That which is like unto itself is drawn. --- Abraham”

Harmony and natural consequence? What a joke…

Again, if I can save just one family from being destroyed I will say I have accomplished my mission.

Posted by: Etopia ()
Date: December 30, 2007 02:45PM

Bigdog, so the Abers got mad at you? How traumatic. You should try and disagree with anybody in this forum. Same story. So here we have a tit for tat situation. I don't see why the Abers should be doormats and turn the other cheek when there is so much hostility around. I absolutely agree with you about the rampant paranoia that plagues this site. Every thing that moves is an evil cult. Oooo scary! Have you noticed that black thing that is following you around? It's called a shadow. Maybe it's evil too.

I would love to have a "Decent" and "civil" exchange with you on these topics but it's bound to turn into a war of semantics and subtle insults with the others here which is pointless.

Have a wonderful day! :0)

Posted by: suz1023 ()
Date: January 21, 2008 04:21AM

oh thank goodness i've found this discussion. while i post here i suspect my name has been bandied about in abe-land. i recently lost my best friend of over twenty years to esther and jerry. she's not only part of their current inner circle,,but she's been working for them for months,i fear without renumeration.. she gave away or threw away all of her possesions and has gone on the road with them. every conversation is a repeat of platitudes and condescending pity cuz i "don't get it". in fact,she didn't sell her home, she basically gave it away to someone who did seem to"get it".
there is no talking to her,,she used to be such a critical thinker,,but she appears to have swallowed the complete agenda,,,cries in joy that it's science meeting spirituality!!!!!!!
she's abandoned her family,her business and business partners,her animals,,it's painful to watch. she gave or threw away everything in her home. every last thing.
i feel that she is gone for ever,,and i have lost all respect for her,,and i feel guilty about that. and i miss who she used to be,especiaslly.
harleygirl,my heart goes out to you and your kids.
if he's in the inner circle,i bet they know each other.

Date: January 23, 2008 12:26AM

I am thankful for this forum. I was looking for it. I'm not sure what prompted me to type *abraham hicks cult* into my Google search engine, but when I did I was given several resources and this one of them. I've read through this entire 9 page post and I clearly understand both sides of the story here. I am writing this post to shed some light from my perspective.

I started to really think about what was bothering me as I read. The fear of mind control from two people who had former success in MLM. People who were "on the edge". Maybe Esther's possessed by demons or has multiple personality disorder, or maybe Jerry is feeding it to her for the money?!?! Maybe it's all complete hogwash and we should all retreat with tail between legs and utter forgiveness back to our churches, inevitably the Bible, Jesus, God?! Possibly so. I won't argue that will work for some and may be the answer for them to regain their lives if they feel the Abraham-Hicks have caused them to become brainwashed.

But I have to say our society itself is brainwashing. Each day we are bombarded with information of how we are doing it all wrong, or we need to change this and that. Studies are released daily about the effects of this or that, and they usually conflict with previous studies on the same subject - because life is always changing and studies represent a chunk of time: that has already passed! We've all heard that the past does not predict the future, then why do we LET it?! For goodness sake, back in the old days patients went to their doctors telling of ailments and the "expert" would prescribe a treatment. Now, pharmaceutical companies "empower" patients with a mind control of sorts through aggressive advertising on every available media. Do you have this symptom? Then go to your doctor and see if *wonder drug of the day* is for you! Maybe it will provide the relief you are seeking from the madness in your life!!!

The only reason the Abraham-Hicks material is selling like hotcakes is because we all, down very deep, have one common desire: to be happy, to feel LOVE. This equates to different things for different people. However, that's the bottom line, at the end of the day. And their material puts the process in the hands of the person who desires, rather than saying the power is outside of you. This may conflict with many people's ideas of reality or spirituality, but if you care to be entertained you may see some ideas that resonate...

They *teach* that responsibility is for ourselves, the way we think and feel, is in our own hands. Have you heard that before - not coming from a woman who receives messages from the great beyond? I think so.

They *teach* that you cannot control others, you must do your own inner work and come to peace within - make peace with where you are. Have you heard that before - not coming from a woman who receives messages from the great beyond? I think so.

They *teach* that you can only really be selfish because you take in everything from the perspective of Self. Does that mean to disregard others - they will not say it that way. Does it mean to move away from relationships you may find unhappy and negativity? SOME may interpret it that way. Although I have heard LOUD and CLEAR, several times in their work that you CANNOT get to the place you want to be through being unhappy with where you ARE. How does that translate? Appreciate what you have, count your blessings, see the bounty and abundance in your life RIGHT NOW. Have you heard that before - not coming from a woman who receives messages from the great beyond? I think so.

They *teach* that our thoughts create our reality. This seems to be a BIG, HUGE problem for people. I can see why because if it has an inkling of truth then we feel like complete mess ups because of the unhappiness we may have created in our lives. In actuality, this tranlates to we create our *experience* of reality. We choose how we perceive a situation. It is up to us how we view our life circumstances. Some may relate to this in attitude: I view the cup half full while another views it half empty. Have you heard this before - not coming from a woman who receives messages from the great beyond? I think so.

They *teach* us to appreciate what we do not want because it helps us to clearly appreciate what we DO want. It gives value to all which we find uncomfortable! Oh, there's a purpose for the nastiness in this world - so I can clarify what I do want. Hmmm... that may be a new idea, but it is comforting to me and feels a lot better than life just happens to us. We have no control, it's our destiny, our fate. Maybe we do have a voice here. In clarifying what we do want we have the opportunity to focus on that rather than what we do not want. It follows to almost ignore that which we do not want. That's where it likely gets sticky here because many would see that as denial. Complete denial may not be healthy, however, focusing on the positive result one may want is certainly much like focusing on one's goal. You know the saying, when you fail, try try again. Or when you fall off the horse, get back on! Okay, so you've heard this before - not coming from a woman who receives messages from the great beyond? I think so.

They *teach* us that our Source (otherwise known as God or whatever Supreme, Higher Being you believe in) loves us unconditionally. That we come from that and so we can also do that with one another. The whole idea sums up this process. Sometimes loving may be leaving. It is quite likely that many would want to initially "shield" themselves from another without the same ideas as the negativity will "get to someone" when they've been feeling mostly positive. However, that is not strictly recommended. It comes through clearly that relationships are Eternal. There is no benefit in running from a conflict (other than if you're in danger, well by all means EXIT). It makes most sense to appreciate the situation and heal the wounds of the relationship and see where it stands. So - have you heard this before - not coming from a woman who receives messages from the great beyond? I think so.

In many other ways, the *truths* those who appreciate Abraham have come to recognize are present in a LOT of other material - including the Bible and modern day psychotherapy protocol. The more I delve into it, the more I come to similarities within the material to that I've already read or understood. The simple way it is presented to me is attractive and accessible. Do I intend to make every life decision as though Abraham-Hicks is holding my hand? NO. Why not? Because I have gained at least THIS perspective from the material: I have my own guidance system, some call it intuition. Whatever you name it, it's the sweet voice inside that Loves All That Is. I guide myself and I am thankful for this and other similar material that assists people in realizing they are their own best friend, or enemy, if they so choose. In a society where we are often taught to look outside ourselves for the answers to our lives, I appreciate that which guides us back to ourself!

I am truly sorry for those who feel they suffer because of Abraham-Hicks. It does sound possible that the person involved that heavily may have other emotional stuff going on and I know that Abraham-Hicks material does not claim to substitute for proper medical/psychological evaluation and treatment. Some people find something that feels good and latch on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Again, I am thankful for this forum for those who need it in support of understanding their loved one's involvement with the Abraham-Hicks material and those of us who would like to say, "There are some truths represented and it's up to the receiver to determine what role that plays in their life."

Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: January 24, 2008 03:11AM

The only reason the Abraham-Hicks material is selling like hotcakes is because we all, down very deep, have one common desire: to be happy, to feel LOVE. This equates to different things for different people. However, that's the bottom line, at the end of the day. And their material puts the process in the hands of the person who desires, rather than saying the power is outside of you. This may conflict with many people's ideas of reality or spirituality, but if you care to be entertained you may see some ideas that resonate...

Spoken like a true cultist.

They *teach* that our thoughts create our reality. This seems to be a BIG, HUGE problem for people. I can see why because if it has an inkling of truth then we feel like complete mess ups because of the unhappiness we may have created in our lives. In actuality, this tranlates to we create our *experience* of reality. We choose how we perceive a situation. It is up to us how we view our life circumstances. Some may relate to this in attitude: I view the cup half full while another views it half empty. Have you heard this before - not coming from a woman who receives messages from the great beyond? I think so.

Um...no. We don't *create* our reality by our thoughts or negative energy or whatever idea you're trying to promote...you see, there's this thing of *others* whom we cannot control. Others may have negative thoughts that impact you because of their actions. That is out of your control. To say that it is mean, such as those horrible people whom told Reality Check that the traffic accident was the man's fault (he killed his family with his negative thoughts), or the child that died from crib death because the parent had negative thoughts...horribly cruel to lay the guilt trip upon them for "inviting" the negative experiences into their lives. Stuff happens that we have NO control over, and we're not always privy to why awful things happen. Perhaps the person left on Earth still has something to do, or perhaps there was something the person still needed to learn. I think it's safe to say that we all struggle to make sense of it.

The "Secret" preys upon the natural reaction of guilt (could I have done something to prevent it?) when trajedies happen. I have another post in the Secret thread on this, because I, too, was led into this way of thinking by my counselor.

Date: January 24, 2008 04:15AM

midwest.momma

Spoken like a true cultist.

Some of us are lucky enough to feel whole from birth to death and never look outside ourselves for comfort or direction. However I believe it's fact - we all desire to be happy and loved and we all find millions of answers on how to do this. Abraham-Hicks work is ONE of the many ways people try to find relief (counseling, drugs, alcohol, medication, church, exercise, education, energy healing, and a million other ways also apply here). To say A-H is looping people in with false promises is to say the same of any other self help movement or anything that advertises, or anything that earns money, or encourages anyone to believe in it (for example any religion, group, even our medical system or government), in my opinion. See, I'm a free thinker. I use my brain with logic and reason and a whole lot more, to sort all of this out. I am not swandered into thinking there is just ONE right answer, for surely there are many! And guess what? You're entitled to your opinion and I respect you for it.

Um...no. We don't *create* our reality by our thoughts or negative energy or whatever idea you're trying to promote...you see, there's this thing of *others* whom we cannot control. Others may have negative thoughts that impact you because of their actions. That is out of your control. To say that it is mean, such as those horrible people whom told Reality Check that the traffic accident was the man's fault (he killed his family with his negative thoughts), or the child that died from crib death because the parent had negative thoughts...horribly cruel to lay the guilt trip upon them for "inviting" the negative experiences into their lives. Stuff happens that we have NO control over, and we're not always privy to why awful things happen. Perhaps the person left on Earth still has something to do, or perhaps there was something the person still needed to learn. I think it's safe to say that we all struggle to make sense of it.

The "Secret" preys upon the natural reaction of guilt (could I have done something to prevent it?) when trajedies happen. I have another post in the Secret thread on this, because I, too, was led into this way of thinking by my counselor.

Guilt cannot be part of this equation/reality. I totally agree with you that at first glance the thought that we have anything to do with creating our own reality would lay blame, shame, and guilt on all of us. Because many people have things happen in their life that they do not feel good about. I think for someone to accept this thought/reality it would be most effective to let go of the concepts of guilt, shame, and blame. As if they don't exist. That's a little much, though, isn't it? Oh no, we're all too invested in feeling Bad.

Anyhow, I noted that it is our experience of reality that is in our own control and truthfully we CO-create our reality. You are absolutely correct that it's not just us who creates this reality we experience, but we do have control of our own thoughts. I'm sure you've read of people in dire circumstances who were able to use the power of their *mind* to overcome adversity. Our thoughts are powerful. Try it sometime - focus your thoughts for a full day to say I love you to yourself and see how you feel. You might be surprised at the outcome. It's a vast difference from the normal negative or self critical looming thoughts the average person has all day. We think some 60,000 thoughts a day. Do you think they have no power in our existence, if at the very least one's attitude? There can be a positive slant to believing in the power of thought - it's not all bad.

I am sorry for the ones who latch on to say it's this or that outside of their control that has damned them. I really am. I used to play that victim role as well, and it served its purpose. Then I realized I have a say in this life of mine. Now that I've stepped up to the plate and take responsibility for my life, it looks a whole lot different. I'm still working on myself and I love myself more each day. It's the type of love that I can actually give back. When we all realize to change the world we have to start with ourselves, well, that will be beautiful.

Lastly, I'm only trying to promote this: Love yourself, make yourself happy, however you do it, and realize we all have the right to seek that in whatever way we please - it Is a free country (here in the USA, anyhow).

Current Page: 9 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.