Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Herbalife
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 14, 2002 07:55PM

I am receiving a steady flow of complaints about Herbalife. It seems like quite a few people are losing money. Anyone else hear about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Herbalife
Posted by: mavi ()
Date: October 22, 2004 05:45AM

I think the only reason that you are getting complaints is because people need someone other than themselves to blame. It's alot easier to blame the company for your failures then to take the blame yourself. I almost did the exact same thing and then I realized that I was not doing everything I could to bring me where I wanted to be. Sure I can blame them for waisting my money, but hey, I use the products. My health is 100% better then when I wasn't with Herbalife. So should I blame Herbalife for improving my health. The prices at the health store are equal or more for the products, so I am not losing there. I would of spent the money on products elsewhere anyways.

The only one you can blame is yourself. Herbalife is what you make of it.

Herbalife
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 23, 2004 01:10AM

This seems to be the standard response when a multi level marketing scheme (MLM) fails. That is, blame the victims.

But victim bashing isn't a meaningful response.

There are so many victims of this type of business scheme many websites are devoted to the subject.

See the following:

[www.advocacy-net.com]

[www.mlmsurvivor.com]

[www.mlmsurvivor.com]

[www.mlmwatch.org]

To better understand why so many MLMs fail see the following:

[www.vandruff.com]

And here is a site devoted exclusively to Herbalife--

[www.yourbetterfuture.com]

And here is some additional feedback about the organization--

[www.friendlynet.com]

Herbalife has a troubled history.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Herbalife
Posted by: LaughingWillow ()
Date: October 23, 2004 02:02PM

I have seen the ads for herbalife...and even in the ads they are very presuring and almost demanding....showing these people that are hyped up to the max.....It just just seems weird on the outside....I dont want to see how corrupt it is on the inside.
My mom always tells me that people show you the tip of the iceberg of whats on the inside...corperations are likewise

If things are a liitle flaky on the outside....it is fishy as hell on the inside
and before ya know it ya just bit the hook

Jojo

Herbalife
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: October 23, 2004 04:17PM

I am quite tied of the victim bashing and blaming phenomenon.

Victim bashing is illogical.

It suggests that the individual is fully responsible for everything that happens in his/her life - an existential perversion which can lead to a narcissistic psychological condition.

It does not take into account that individuals excel in understanding and action in some things, not all things.

In competition, if one person wins over another, it is not necessarily the fault of the loser. The winner is more talented on the day.

The loser did not necessarily choose to fail.

Victim bashing, ridicules both parties in competition. It does not honour the skill of the winner and it demeans the loser.

Applying this to people who have inadvertantly got involved in MLMs like Herbalife or Amyway, cults or unethical high demand groups and LGATs, suggests that it is not the fault of the "victim" when things go bad. The group is highly skilled in what it does best - namely portaying a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Not all of us excel at philosophy or business to immediately understand the nature of the "wolf" which so often turns the fault on its victim when things go wrong.

If you are a victim of a high demand group, DO NOT blame yourself. They are highly skilled at what they do - operating within an unethical frame of reference while the majority of us believe in truth and fairness
Oz

Herbalife
Date: October 24, 2004 07:06AM

I totaly agree!!!....It is kinda of a relief..like many who come here...I too was in a cult...and it is good to hear that I am not a complete idiot.

I tend to blame myself for some kind of subconscious thing that I draw freaks like a magnet....I posted yesterday in afflicted families on this forum about some girl thinking I am her warewolf cub sister.....I draw loonies like that all the time. I had a guy while I was in college stalking me..when I found he was stalking me..things got ugly and I had to move. Anouther time a guy tried to rape me while I was in a hypnotic trance...luckly enough I escaped before anything happened...and Now this chica is obsessed with me to the point that she "thinks" that she is my pack mate in some werewolf clan....anyway Corboy..gave me excelent advise that I intend to follow.

But I cant help but to think that somehow this succession of freaks in my life is my fault at some mental level....why do I have this pattern of weirdos parading in my life? Is it because I am overly accepting of people's "flaws" ? I like to accept those who are different because I am not your average jo...and I get bored with "normal" people....Is it that mentality that draws these people to me???

Anyway....can you give me a hand as to why this happens to me all the time?

And How it is not my fault?

Jojo

Herbalife
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 24, 2004 07:15AM

One thing that often happens is we grow up in families where someone (one parents, both parents, a brother or sister) is in constant pain or crisis.

One of the kids (us!) may be assigned the role of rescuer.

This can happen when you're so young that you are not even aware of this. You're trained to rescue others from pain before you are even old enough to imagine saying 'No, this is way too much for me to handle.'

You go with what is familar, like water following a downhill course. Its your idea of 'normal'.

This happens to a lot of people and we may end up attracting people with a similar 'vibe' to the person we were taught to rescue when we were tiny children.

Only you can know if this applies to you, or whether a different pattern may fit your situation. In any case, you would need someone you can meet with, face to face, to help sort this out.

Some people get benefit from 12 step groups like Alanon or Codependants Anonymous. Others get best results from counseling.

Only thing we can offer on the message board are clues to follow up and resources.

Make sure to stay away from this person and find someone who can help you figure this out.

Herbalife
Date: October 24, 2004 08:12AM

You probably hit nail on the head with the "role of the rescuer"...because I come from a dysfuctional family, and for a long time I cared for my mom who has lupus and tried to "fix" my family because I love them alot. I assumed the role of the rescuer/protector at a ypoung age....my siblings
went the other way in turning a blind eye to the situation....so I felt that it was my job to be the glue of the family. I guess the approreate thing to do is find a reputable therapist to discuss this with....and in the meantime

I got alot to think about!!....and I will stay away from this person indeed!!

Thank you for your knowlege :wink:

Jojo

Herbalife
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 24, 2004 08:54AM

things get interesting and its OK to go a bit off topic now and then, but this thread is about Herbalife, so we want to 'keep the line free' for anyone else who may have questions/concerns about HL.

Good luck - your school may have resources and lists of meetings.

Herbalife
Posted by: mavi ()
Date: October 24, 2004 10:58PM

rrmoderator
This seems to be the standard response when a multi level marketing scheme (MLM) fails. That is, blame the victims.

But victim bashing isn't a meaningful response.

There are so many victims of this type of business scheme many websites are devoted to the subject.

See the following:

[www.advocacy-net.com]

[www.mlmsurvivor.com]

[www.mlmsurvivor.com]

[www.mlmwatch.org]

To better understand why so many MLMs fail see the following:

Yes I agree that people will fail, they won't make their million. But the possibility is there to do it, which is what they tell you. I don't see myself doing a million with this, but I like the stuff.
I had a look at the handfull of people that felt they had to post there failures. They all had one thing in common, THEY HAD A CHOICE and they made the wrong one for them. I had a choice to spend all kinds of money I didn't have, but I didn't. For me it just wasn't right. It's all about choices and there is only you that can decide what you will do.

CULT = someone or something that has become very popular with a particular group of people:

This site is just as much a cult as Herbalife, just a different group of people and their difference in opinion. Myself I would much rather spend my days on a possitive note and be happy rather than be negitive and complain all day like they do on this site.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.