Tony Robbins Bad Business Advice
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: May 03, 2011 12:40PM

The excellent article below illustrates the damage the bad advice of Tony Robbins, and people like him, can do to start-ups. It is very tough to start a business, and people who do it are wise to seek counsel. Robbins and his ilk prey on entrepreneurs' legitimate questions, fears and desires-- their goal is to fill their own pockets, drain the company dry, and then move onto the next victim. They offer nothing of lasting value.

If you're starting a business, get advice from people with genuine knowledge who truly want to help your business thrive.

Article Excerpt:

At one of my early ventures, the Chairman of the Board orchestrated the companywide meetings. He was a disciple of famed motivational speaker Tony Robbins and he accordingly ran our “all-hands” company meetings like revival sessions.

I remember one meeting that was particularly ineffectual. We were running out of cash, our primary competitor was overtaking us and our latest products were stalled by significant regulatory hurdles. Despite our sobering circumstances, we entered this particular meeting to Tina Turner shouting, “Simply The Best” at us over and over and over. I was not alone in wondering, “If we really are ‘simply the best,’ why do we need to be told so by an aging diva?”

Read more: [www.businessinsider.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 01:10PM by Christa.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.