I Need A Little Advice...
Posted by: empower ()
Date: November 10, 2004 12:51PM

Basically, I've accidentally come contact with a Quixtar/Amway IBO. I know what Amway is and MLM's, and I trusted this person because he was an accquaintence, (and an investment banker at the bank I used to work at). I've been looking for a new job, so I was suckered in to coming to a meeting, and about half way through I realized I was being recruited. They never once said "Quixtar", it was all about "dreams" and "not quitting." I was sent home with a CD and a book, and still coundn't figure it out. They were boasting how the internet is the business of the future..but no websites to go to! So I looked up the authors of the cd and book and finally found Quixtar/Amway. Now I've done my research which wasn't a difficult thing to do, because there is so much out there bashing or defending Scam-I mean, Amway.
So....I still have the materials and told "Pat" over the phone that I'm not interested in the business opportunity. Now he wants to sell me the products. He's coming to my house in 2 days to pick up the materials. Do I let him come in and let him do his spiel or do I meet him at the door and shut it as fast as I can hand him his motivation back?????? I'm such a nice person but I don't want anything to do with this!!!!!!! I know things could be worse but Help!!![/color:81ac3ce3c0]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 10, 2004 01:34PM

leave a message for this person that he can pick up the materials at a neutral drop-off point, not your house.

Write out a receipt itemizing the materials and leave instructions that he's to sign it and date it before he can take the materials with him. That way you have proof that you didnt steal anything from them but gave it back.

I'd advise against letting him visit you at home. You're under no obligation to let anyone into your home. In a way it appears they imposed those materials on you--so dont fall for it by feeling obligated to be polite.

Posted by: empower ()
Date: November 18, 2004 01:07PM

Thanks for the advice...It went well and nobody has called me so that's good. I'm thankful for the internet because I've found so much information about Quixtar/Amway. Now I must be going...to spread the warning that Amway is now using Quixtar to disguise themselves....... 8)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.