Herbalife Illegal Telemarketing
Posted by: mmccue ()
Date: November 15, 2003 03:16AM

My name is Matthew McCue and I am a consumer protection attorney from Massachusetts. I am pursuing litigation against Herbalife for illegal telemarketing tactics. Specifically, Herbalife via NWTW had a long term practice of encouraging distributors to use blast fax and computer auto dialers to market their business. These telemarketing practices are forbidden by federal law.

Our claim seeks to hold Herbalife directly responsible. I am looking for ex Herbalife distributors who would be interested in speaking with me in regards to the telemarketing practices of Herbalife and NWTW.

Please check out my credentials at [mmccue.massattorneys.net.]

Thanks again.

Matthew

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AdvocateFreedom ()
Date: November 20, 2003 05:18AM

What does this have to do with Cults????

Dave

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 20, 2003 05:35AM

This forum is not exclusively devoted to discussion about groups called "cults."

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

There is information within the Ross Institute database about Herbalife and other multi-level marketing schemes.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: AdvocateFreedom ()
Date: November 20, 2003 07:59AM

Oh, Ok.

I thought it was discussion on cults and religious sects.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted by: Templar ()
Date: November 20, 2003 11:37AM

Despite the lack of reputation, from time to time these telemarketing companies are somewhat cult like. Though there is no marathon session followed by a staged For example in the way they use a company jargon to get an employee to conscider his job (perhaps calling to offer a mortgage refinance at dinner time) which everyone has to find annoying, as a friendly service! I was once employed by a company (National Finance Corporation of Clifton Park New York) making those calls at those inconsciderate time. In truth the idea of mass tele marketingis very similar to group recruiting tactics. They use numbers to their advantage, ie they know that the people who will fall victim to their slick pitch are out there, they just need to spend time finding them. Typically the elderly are the victims of such scams, and though rarely do they abandon their families as a result of these slicksters they do loose consciderably and ultimatly are simply put, victims.
Clearly my job requirements, training schedual and work load were not at all as time consuming as a cult indoctrination but on a much more subtle level the principle of will bending and mind/thought control does exist in these job places. Eventually even the slowest witted person catches on to the fact that their job is to prey upon trusting honest people and when that realization is made either one of two things must happen as a result of the cognitive dissonence one would experrence from taking actions they truly felt were wrong. One would be that person wises up and quits his job and nolonger allows another boss to use them to prey upon other honest people. Or two, they rationalize what they are doing, justify it through mental assimilation the company lingo and ultimatle mold their will to that of their boss.
Though I would not call National Finance Corporation or any other business I am not familiar with a cult (the NFC were however forced out of business when the IRS took a close look at their buisnes practices) I would say that more often than most people think, "cult tactics" are employed in ways too subtle to draw the necessary attention to be worthy of mention on your database Rick.;)

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 20, 2003 07:56PM

I have received very serious complaints about multi-level marketing groups, such as Amway/Quixtar, Herbalife, Equinox and Trek Alliance regarding the methods they have used to recruit and retain members.

Certainly, these groups are not "cults," but the methods they use to manipulate people are often "cult like."

See the personal stories posted under those titled pages.

[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]

This website and the Open Forum is not exclusively for information about groups called "cults," but also for sharing informaiton about controversial groups and movements, which includes multi-level marketing schemes.

The common thread that many of these groups seem to have are their methods of manipulation and general scheme to gain what can be seen as undue influence over participants.

This has certainly been a common complaint about many multi-level marketing groups.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.