Current Page: 2 of 3
Mannatech?
Posted by: Lynnv2.0 ()
Date: November 23, 2006 11:18PM

I wonder what ever became of the "invasion of privacy" lawsuit against the Mannatech associate and chiropractor who (allegedly) used unauthorized photographs of a child with Tay-Sachs syndrome. Does anyone know if it was settled?

Lynn

Options: ReplyQuote
Mannatech?
Posted by: dharvey100 ()
Date: November 24, 2006 01:24AM

Just so you know - Mannatech reps must have posted Mannatech in Wikipedia, since it reads like a company ad - I added an edit we'll see if it stays.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Mannatech?
Posted by: dharvey100 ()
Date: November 24, 2006 01:26AM

mannauser
Scammers? Schemes? Pyramids don't work?
Network Marketing is not for everyone. Most of the people who knock it, have not tried it or just don't get it. MLM companies can provide a full or second income to those that can actually do it. I can, I did, and I will continue to do it. I am not going to justify anything with Mannatech or any other MLM company that has given this industry a bad name. Yes, there are terrible ones out there that ruin it for all... um, hello Enron. When a company survives and has people backing it up, there is instant negative publicity. Some pyramids don't work and some are a scam. But, the ones that do work can provide an excellent income and change people's lives. I have seen it. Unfortunalty, people who are not open to new technology or new advances have a hard time believing in MLM's.

Uh - MLM business practices are illegal, you simply are not allowed to build a business in that manner.

Mannatech?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 24, 2006 01:30AM

See [www.vandruff.com]

This explains what's wrong with many MLM schemes.

Mannatech?
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: December 06, 2006 02:06AM

dharvey100
Yes, there are terrible ones out there that ruin it for all... um, hello Enron.

Enron wasn't an MLM; not that I know of.

Mannatech?
Posted by: dre555 ()
Date: January 18, 2007 03:26AM

Just to let you know, MLM is NOT illegal. However pyramid selling IS illegal.

The difference is that in pyramid selling, a product is sold at one price for one person, but as it goes down the chain, it costs more and more. With MLM apart from retail and associate prices, everybody pays the same. Also with pyramid selling you cannot earn more than somebody above you.

Mannatech?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 18, 2007 06:50AM

Anyone considering MLM schemes should look at this link first.

See [www.vandruff.com]

This article explains why MLMs so often go wrong and people lose money.

Mannatech?
Date: August 24, 2007 01:24AM

Mannatech?
Posted by: phong ()
Date: September 28, 2007 06:39PM

first off Mannatech is a legimate company. Why?
-Its a publicly traded company on Nasdaq under "MTEX"
-Recognized by ABC and NBC. The list goes on
-Legitimate PRODUCT. They use NETWORK ..keyword "MARKETING" to get their products out which is the glyconutrients. A scientifically proven nutrient. Universities all over the country are beggining to study it.

"Pyramid Schemes you guys are thinking"
-Are ILLEGAL
-They have no legitimate PRODUCT

MANNATECH HAS A PRODUCT AND USE WORD OF MOUTH MARKETING

Everything is a pyramid
-YOUR JOB
-CORPORATIons

THINK PEOPLE THINK

Mannatech?
Posted by: Lynnv2.0 ()
Date: September 30, 2007 11:00PM

"-Legitimate PRODUCT. They use NETWORK ..keyword "MARKETING" to get their products out which is the glyconutrients. A scientifically proven nutrient."

Few will argue that the supplements marketed by Mannatech contain "nutrients". They are not, however, scientifically proven to "help the body heal itself" from various conditions and illness' such as autism, cancer and the myriad of other maladies that associates and promoters claim they do.

"Universities all over the country are beggining to study it."

There are, I believe, plenty of universities studying "glycobiology" and the research being done to discover the role of glycoproteins in human physiology. I'm not so sure how many are studying "glyconutrients". These are two distinctly different topics.

"... Mannatech is a legimate company. Why?
-Its a publicly traded company on Nasdaq under "MTEX"
-Recognized by ABC and NBC. The list goes on..."

I agree that Mannatech is a "legitimate" company but not necessarily for the reasons you express. Their marketing tactics and efficacy of the supplements they promote are both highly suspect.

"Everything is a pyramid
-YOUR JOB
-CORPORATIons"

I respectfully disagree.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.