Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mannatech?
Date: May 31, 2005 08:28AM

Please post your experiences with Mannatech. I have read the recent Barron's article and many product efficacy reports.

Bonus points for technical expertise along with organizational knowledge.

Options: ReplyQuote
Mannatech?
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: June 01, 2005 08:54AM

Here is a good article about these scammers.
[www.ncahf.org]

Mannatech Sued for Fraud and Invasion of Privacy
[www.mlmwatch.org]

Mannatech, several of its officers, and a chiropractor who was a major distributor are being sued by the mother of a child who died of Tay-Sachs disease whose photograph has been used to promote Mannatech products. According to the complaint:

Mannatech distributors circulated a nude picture of the child and claimed that he had benefited from their products.
The child actually died in 1997, shortly after using the products.
The marketing campaign persisted until 2004 despite requests by child's mother to stop it.
The suit alleges intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress, intentional and negligent misrepresentation, invasion of privacy, and unfair competition. In February 2005, Sam Castor and Dr. Kathryn Dykman were voluntarily dismissed as defendants, but the suit continues against the others. [Note: To respect the plaintiff's privacy, her name and her son's name have been replaced by their initials (CS, YJS) in the document below.]

[www.mlmwatch.org]

Mannatech?
Date: June 01, 2005 10:54AM

Cosmo,

Thanks for the reply and the links. I personally had seen these articles, but would absolutely recommend them to others. To all readers, please let me know if you need a link to documents about MTEX founder, Sam Caster, and his previous troubles with Texas AG due to unsubstantiated product claims.

Does anyone have some personal accounts?

Thx,
DJ

Mannatech?
Posted by: batman1976 ()
Date: February 11, 2006 07:29AM

I used mannatech for several years with little or no effect. My parents sold it and gave it to me for free.
The company used to be call something else, but I can't remember what...
They pushed Phyto-Chemicals which were apparently a chemical found in fresh fruit and vegitables.
They claimed it had healing effects and whatnot.
They marketed these gummy bears for kids that had phyto chemicals in them. (the gummy bears not the kids!) They were so expensive! It was something like $14 for a small box!
They tasted like regular gummy bears to me. Who knows.
I think my parents still sell it. I should get them to stop.

Mannatech?
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: March 14, 2006 02:35AM

Is this the same thing as Neo-Tek? I have a friend involved in that.

Mannatech?
Date: September 28, 2006 12:01AM

I wanted to revive this thread because I just saw a holistic doctor yesterday who was pushing Mannatech on me. I refused, because I remembered reading here that it was a shady MLM. Now I'm seriously wondering if I should even go back to this doctor.

Mannatech?
Posted by: carl ()
Date: October 23, 2006 12:27AM

I looked it up... does anyone know if this is one of those triangle schemes?

Mannatech?
Date: October 24, 2006 01:19AM

carl
I looked it up... does anyone know if this is one of those triangle schemes?

You mean pyramid schemes? Yes, it is.

Mannatech?
Posted by: mannauser ()
Date: October 31, 2006 11:54AM

Scammers? Schemes? Pyramids don't work?
Network Marketing is not for everyone. Most of the people who knock it, have not tried it or just don't get it. MLM companies can provide a full or second income to those that can actually do it. I can, I did, and I will continue to do it. I am not going to justify anything with Mannatech or any other MLM company that has given this industry a bad name. Yes, there are terrible ones out there that ruin it for all... um, hello Enron. When a company survives and has people backing it up, there is instant negative publicity. Some pyramids don't work and some are a scam. But, the ones that do work can provide an excellent income and change people's lives. I have seen it. Unfortunalty, people who are not open to new technology or new advances have a hard time believing in MLM's.

Mannatech?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 04, 2006 10:47PM

See [www.vandruff.com]

This site explains what's wrong with most MLM schemes as seen from a basic business perspective.

There are objective reasons why most MLM schemes fail to provide meaningful income to participants and why so many people lose money through them.

MLMs and their supporters often blame those they victimize rather than taking responsibility for the way the scheme is set up as the cause for why it doesn't work.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.