Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is Calvary Chapel a Cult
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 15, 2012 09:43PM

The issue with Calvary Chapel and Chuck Smith is meaningful accountability and financial transparency.

Calvary Chapels are often run like a franchise without safeguards, such as democratically elected church government and annually adudited and published financial budget statements that disclose in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds.

Who can fire Chuck Smith?

Does the pastor or an elected board (elected by the general membership through secret ballot) that serves fixed terms really have the power?

Do you know all the salaries of church staff because you have received an independently audited annual budget that discloses this?

The bible warns about authoritarian leaders (see Galatians) and Jesus said many would come in his name, but he would not know them. There are "wolves" in "sheeps" clothing that violate the flock.

A church constitution with bylaws that provides for democratic government and meaningful financial transparency can check abuses of power and create safeguards. Without such provisions churches can easily become dictatorships.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can't post
Posted by: TheSpare ()
Date: March 02, 2021 07:38PM

Hi, I can`t make a post and the message I receive says .. " PHORUM DATABASE ERROR sorry, a phorum databaseerror occured. please try again later ! "
I`ve been posting without problem up to this point . any advice would be gratefully received. thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.