Can access forum from iPhone but not from computer's web browsers
Posted by: laarree ()
Date: September 29, 2008 07:27AM

I understand that this forum is moderated and when I visit, I seem to have access during week days and evenings both from my home and work computers, but not later at night or at all on weekends. If I attempt to visit during those time periods, I either see "Cult News from Rick Ross" or a message "Not Found. The requested URL /read.php (or /control, etc) was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at forum.culteducation.com Port 80".

Recently I got an iPhone 3G and discovered that I have access to the forum through its web browser at those times when I don't from my computer. I'm baffled. Why is this so? Is this an operating system or web browser issue? I use Mac/Tiger 10.4.11 at work with both Safari and Firefox 3, and at home I use Mac/Leopard 10.5.5 and the same browsers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can access forum from iPhone but not from computer's web browsers
Posted by: austenjonesufg ()
Date: December 06, 2008 11:28PM

hello

laarree u can check ur computer cookies. delete the cookies then try again.
thanks

[Moderator note: Don't post promotional links per rules of the message board]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2008 01:37AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: MisterAEIOU ()
Date: March 08, 2009 09:56AM

same problem here. can access on my iphone and from work computer. cannot access from my mac's at home using leopard
help?
cookies are certainly not the problem.

Posted by: Skip ()
Date: April 13, 2009 12:11AM

Same here. My iPhone has no problem loading the forum but my Mac quickly redirects to the Cult News page. I've tried with Safari and Firefox and they both do it. What gives?

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 18?
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.