Problem searching for a specific user's postings
Posted by: Some user ()
Date: November 08, 2007 10:34AM

Received by e-mail and posted anonymized by the sysadmin:

If you check [my] correspondence, you find a note to me from [a certain user].
I tried to enter the SEARCH menu, to find the items already posted by that person, who I do not know, or at least I do not know that I know, given that they are using a pseudonym.
I then got nothing on screen to show anything had happend. Yet [that other user] had posted several items somewhere. So I had no references or any list to use after trying search.
Is that what I should have found?, and how is the search system meant to work please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem searching for a specific user's postings
Posted by: zenon ()
Date: November 08, 2007 10:43AM

You have two different search boxes on the search page. One says "Search messages" and the other says "Search authors". You probably used the former. If you search for the username that you mailed me with the "Search authors" field, you will get lots of results.

Also pay attention to the search delimiters. By default, a search will only look for postings in the past 30 days, so it will not return everything that the search term matches. For example, if you are looking for a specific user's postings and that user hasn't posted in the past month, you will get no results. If you really want all possible results, change "Last 30 days" to "Any dates".

Z

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 15?
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.