Rabbinical Seminary of America
Posted by: Abba Eliyahu ()
Date: January 14, 2022 01:17AM

I would like to know if anyone has an alienated child from the Rabbinical Seminary of America a.k.a. Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim in Queens.

Here’s an excerpt of a letter from my son’s Rosh Yeshiva dated September 19, 2019:

Our position is that despite your pure intentions the methods (of raising your son) are entirely inappropriate and not productive to produce the results we all seek. (He uses first person plural without an antecedent of who is “we”. He’s vague about what’s inappropriate and what it is that everyone seeks.)

We feel that the various ways of pressuring and controlling your son, etc. have a negative impact on his proper emotional development. (A Rosh Yeshiva should be telling facts not feelings. Are you a psychologist to be giving a diagnosis?)

We feel it is important for him to “stand up for himself” in order to properly develop and we feel that this need is so paramount for his proper development that it pushes away the fifth commandment of honoring his father. (What goes around comes around, you just gave me licenses to stand up for myself and to push you out of the Torah.)

As the rabbi in the Yeshiva, it is my responsibility to guide our students and direct him as we believe G-d wants him to respond to the situation he finds himself in. (Are you a teacher or prophet?)

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 12?
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.