Cannot change e-mail address
Posted by: zenon ()
Date: November 04, 2007 09:49AM

Submitted by a user by e-mail, posted here anonymized:

I'm posting under <username withheld>. I attempted to change my email address from <address withheld> to this addy, but the system wouldn't allow it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot change e-mail address
Date: November 04, 2007 10:01AM

You don't say how you tried, nor what problem you run into.

The way to change e-mail address is to log in, then click on "My Control Center" at the top right corner, click "Edit Email Settings" on the left, change the e-mail address in the box and click submit. A verification e-mail will be sent to the new address, containing a verification code. Copy/paste that code into the new box that appears after you press submit the first time and hit submit again.

Did you do all this? If not, how far did you get and what error did you run into?

Z

Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: November 04, 2007 08:56PM

I tried to change my email, but the message came back that it was invalid.

Date: November 04, 2007 10:07PM

Please read the instructions in the sticky posting titled "How to use this forum", in particular the part about being very, very specific and the part about being fanatically pedantically specific.

For example, I do not understand the phrasing "the message came back that it was invalid". Did you receive an e-mail saying so? Or was it a system error on the control centre webpage? Either way, was the e-mail address that you entered valid? That means: can you receive and do you actually receive mail on that address? The system will refuse invalid addresses, so if you make a typo or try to use a non-existent address like <nobody@nowhere>, the address will be rejected.

Also, I specifically asked how far you got in the chain of action that I described. Please follow that chain as described:
1. log in,
2. click on "My Control Center" at the top right corner,
3. change the e-mail address in the box,
4. click "Submit"
5. look for the verification e-mail that will be sent to the NEW address
6. copy/paste the verification code into the new box that appears under the e-mail address box
7. click "Submit" again.

If you are unable to complete this procedure, I need to know exactly at which point what went wrong.

Please be verbose and don't skip any of the above questions.

Z

Date: November 04, 2007 10:14PM

Oh, one more thing: you should ONLY enter your e-mail address in the appropriate box. Not your name, not quotes or angle brackets around the address, nor anything else. The correct format is username@domain.tld .

Posted by: Elisha ()
Date: May 12, 2008 11:46AM

Hi,

I would like to update my email address for this forum. It seems I cannot do this however, as I cannot validate my new address by checking my old email address. I am no longer using the isp from which my previous email address originated. Any suggestions?

Elisha

Posted by: Elisha ()
Date: May 13, 2008 12:42PM

Thanks. My address has been updated.

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: March 01, 2010 01:14PM

In my attempt to change my email I have: Email verification:
Verification of the new email address:(the new address I typed in is printed) but then the request for 'the verification code I got' for the next empty rectangle. The verification code which I Did NOT get. I did not get one as far as I know. I tried typing the new email address in as verification. I have been told it was the wrong verification code Try Again! So I assume, it is assumed, a verification code has been given out. I need to reset this,start again and actually be sent a verification code. Right? How does this happen? (checked again, verification code sent after more efforts from me, THank You! Change complete. Maybe i missed something before, hope I helped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2010 01:22PM by rattyboy.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 8?
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.