Current Page: 32 of 36
Re: Ex members of John MacArthur's church
Date: January 21, 2014 03:21PM

BJW I have pm(ed) you. I am in. Count on me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 09, 2014 09:04PM

Data lost through a backup failure some months ago has now been restored to this message board.

This board is also now open for indexing by search engines such as Google.

Information posted on the board should soon be appearing in searches as this is a public resource.

The data recovered and restored included many individual posts and some threads.

Lost membership registratio was not restored. Old members not currently listed must register as new members again in order to become active members of the message board.

Posted by: bjw ()
Date: June 30, 2014 06:37AM

I am glad to see the messages have been restored (no pun intended). There's many on here beside me that either were in longer or out more recently, some having families being broken up and are still having problems. We need all the help we can get, and if anyone wants to help get a site going please let me know. Is anyone still on here, and can help get the discussion going again? As long as the abuse and deception is going on it needs to be discussed and exposed.

Date: September 06, 2014 09:58AM

I wanted to post an email I received from the cult today that has some very questionable info in it that I was wondering if anyone could verify.

They say they are one of the top 10 Christian colleges in California, but the problem is there aren't that many colleges MacArthur would consider Christian once you eliminate the Catholic colleges and seminaries. They are 1 of 19 colleges os distinction on the site they link to, but I believe this is gained from students and alumni bumping their own college.

They claimed Forbes put them in the top half of a list of 650 schools, and US News and World Report put them on some kind of list of top colleges.

The email says value, retention, ratio of faculty, student debt, etc were all looked at. I wish someone else would view this and maybe try to track the info because I wouldn't know where to start. Could any of this actually be true, and how?

Here's the link...

[masters.bmetrack.com]

Posted by: bookwatch ()
Date: September 20, 2014 11:06PM

May I recommend a website which has a wealth of documented information about John Macarthur which explains the evil fruit of his ministry:

[www.thewatchmanwakes.com]

For example:

In a sermon on the parable of the four soils, Macarthur speaks of his ministry as a continuation of the ministry of the four generations of family ministers who preceeded him:

“The good news is, when the soil is prepared by God, there’s going to be an explosion of spiritual fruit and the harvest will go on and on and on and on and on and on. A nice young man in our church was recently in Prince Edward Island and I had said in the church service that my great grandfather was a pastor of St. James Kirk Presbyterian Kirk in Prince Edward Island back in the 1800’s. So when he was up there, he started digging around and found all kinds of things about my great grandfather. Thomas Fullerton was his name and he was pastor there at the main church in Charletown(?) [Charlottetown] for about twenty-eight years. He was a chaplain in the Canadian Military and he went to the Bower(?) [Boer] War in South Africa and fought and did ministry among the troops. And you look back and that and you say, ‘Okay, there’s a...his father was also a pastor who had been in Scotland and then gone to Australia and come there and at some point the Lord plowed the heart of that family and it just kept going and it just kept going and it kept going and it came down through my...from my great-grandfather to my grandmother, his daughter, and then through her to my father and then through me and this is the explosion and we’re all in this process somewhere. All of our lives intersect and that’s the...that’s the good news in the story and the disciples needed to hear that because it all basically looked like it wasn’t going anywhere.” (A Diagnosis of the Soils)

When John Macarthur’s great grandfather, Thomas Fraser Fullerton, was minister of St James Presbyterian Church in Charlottetown, PEI, he was also a Provincial Grand Master; Most Worshipful Brother, Grand Lodge of Prince Edward Island, A.F. & A.M., Grand Master 1913–1914; “In the Grand Lodge he was Grand Chaplain, 1907-10; Senior Grand Deacon, 1911; Deputy Grand Master, 1912 and Grand Master, 1913.” “He presided as Worshipful Master of St. Johns Lodge in 1911. In the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite he received the degrees of the Lodge of Perfection and Rose Croix Chapter in 1903, and the intermediate degrees to 32degree in Charlottetown Consistory in 1911.”

Freemasonry dedicated to the abolition of Christianity. John Macarthur’s sermon is a tacit admission that his ministry is the evil fruit of Freemasonry.

Date: September 22, 2014 04:18AM

Bookwatch brings up some good points. First of all, the watchman website has a lot of good info and it shows how the cult hides behind Christianity, the very conspiracies they rail against they are in the background perpetrating. Ecumenicism, occultism, nepotism, etc are all things they preach against in the setup literature, but once hooked you are apart of what was originally being preached against. One thing very eye opening was there celebration of druid festivals. I noticed the Santa Clarita campus has a grove of oak trees for Wow staff meetings, I now know why.

That website is an eyeopener and will provide a good read of the pagan origin of many of the doctrines and why the church differs so much from Christianity. It doesn't deal much with the Scientology connection, but I'm sure this will be covered more in the future as more people leave and make the connection.

The parable he gives here should show MacArthur's god complex and how he sees himself as the only one who can lead the true religion today. He sees it as his destiny, hence the museum he erected to himself in Santa Clarita.

Date: September 22, 2014 12:27PM

When anyone here is ready to get the info web page out please remember me. In Italy JMac is growing. He has opened an "academy" in Sicily where my father's old church used to be. This means more and more people are being brain-washed. I am particularly concerned about the psychological effects it can have on weak characters which can be devastating: especially as far as shunning is concerned.

Date: September 23, 2014 02:23AM

brokenbutstanding Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When anyone here is ready to get the info web page
> out please remember me. In Italy JMac is growing.
> He has opened an "academy" in Sicily where my
> father's old church used to be. This means more
> and more people are being brain-washed. I am
> particularly concerned about the psychological
> effects it can have on weak characters which can
> be devastating: especially as far as shunning is
> concerned.

I would like to get a blog or site going but my resources are currently limited. In the meantime, make sure you tell your story to the watchman website, as well as post updates on here.

As a warning to everyone, they do retaliate when attacked. They already tried to have the founder of the watchman site bookwatch mentioned arrested, according to an article posted on the site. Make sure you remain anonymous when possible, and when you do reveal things always have witnesses ready to validate your story. If you think I'm being too paranoid go earlier in this thread to the third list on their "Genuine saving faith" list from the MacArthur Study Bible. The part about protecting and guarding is taken seriously.

Date: September 23, 2014 10:19AM

brokenbutstanding Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When anyone here is ready to get the info web page
> out please remember me. In Italy JMac is growing.
> He has opened an "academy" in Sicily where my
> father's old church used to be. This means more
> and more people are being brain-washed. I am
> particularly concerned about the psychological
> effects it can have on weak characters which can
> be devastating: especially as far as shunning is
> concerned.

Sorry for quoting this message twice, but I think it contains some very important points. The most neglected part of the dangers of this cult, imho, is the psychological aspects. The cult itself, being a counseling cult, is a form of mind control and psychological warfare that other cults, some even stricter, do not employ. For starters, the counseling aspect is usually not revealed to new recruits.

The most sinister aspects is the way you must trust others with your innermost thoughts, since you are taught all depression and problems in your life stem from unconfessed sin. You know you will be telling even simple things like accidental lustful thoughts (some avoided walking under stairwells because they feared they would accidentally look up a girl's dress and need to confess it). It is the constant fear that your relationship with God will need another restoration.

It is pure mind control, and I know when I first got out I had to seek therapy because of all the nightmares. Even though you know they are wrong when you leave, there is always a what if going through your head. You wonder if there's a chance they are right and you are going to hell.

If anyone reading this has recently left, please see a real therapist that can deprogram you from this phony "Nouthetic" counseling. Also, pray for the people in Sicily that they will see this fraud for what it really is and not put people through this torture or finance it anymore. Brokenbutstanding is going to need a lot of help to get through this, and let's hope no more of these "academies" get set up.

Posted by: bookwatch ()
Date: September 23, 2014 11:02AM

THE WATCHMAN WAKES has just started a discussion forum:

[johnmacarthur.forumchitchat.com]

"Welcome to John Macarthur Cult Watch Forum. This is a discussion forum for those who have been abused and misled by John Macarthur's Cult which includes his church, college, and his global network of seminaries and church plants. For those who have been adversely affected by Macarthur and his cult-like tactics, this is a place to vent, share information and ask questions. In addition to the information available about Macarthur's cult on other discussion forums, you'll find information about Macarthur and his ministries at The Watchman Wakes In Vain website."

Everyone is welcome to join!

Current Page: 32 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.