Current Page: 31 of 36
Re: Ex members of John MacArthur's church
Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: September 16, 2013 03:57AM

Maybe this post will start up the MacArthur discussion again.

2 years of posts were "lost" when the domain name to this site was changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 04:04AM by Mark Scheiderer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kyonsenkoku ()
Date: December 12, 2013 01:11AM

well thats a bit disappionting so much posts where lost, anyways i personally dont hear too much good stuff from Macauthor's church

Posted by: bjw ()
Date: December 16, 2013 10:04AM

Are the mods still planning to restore the posts, or are they gone for good? I'm considering starting my own site, as there needs to be something out there to warn people about the dangers of this group. I had the links posted on here about the museum and the suicide and I hope that they get the posts restored. If not, I think a blog with a summary of the info so people have easy access to it would be good. I'll wait a couple weeks and then see what I can do about gathering some info.

Date: December 20, 2013 02:41AM

that sounds really good bjw, but i dont think the posts are coming back

Date: January 02, 2014 04:31PM

I am here finally! I couldn't find the thread anymore! Let me know if anyone is around still - :)

I am still fighting alone!

Date: January 18, 2014 11:51AM

I'm looking for more ex-members that would be willing to maybe startup a blog or website devoted to exposing this cult. If you are interested please respond, maybe send me a PM. If there are a lot of people involved it will be much harder for the cult to retaliate. Some things people need to be informed about:
The suicides
The museum he built to himself
The false claim it is "non-denominational" Christianity
The attack on psychiatry and the claim psychiatry is adding to scripture
Sending young students to dangerous areas on missions
The list of works that must be done for salvation to be realized
Nouthetic counseling and Lordship (works) salvation
Physical violence on the campus
Retaliation against former members

There's far more I'm sure that we could think of. If a lot of people got together to substantiate these things we could get an internet community going that would stop the abuse of this cult. Remember, this cult was started before the internet, and they never counted on large amounts of people being able to find out the truth or to unite to substantiate each other's experiences about what really goes on. This cult is designed to reveal a little to you at a time: first, MacArthur's books and tapes, then Lordship Salvation and what it fully implies, then the belief against psychiatry, then Nouthetic Counseling, then having to put in long hours serving the church to prove your salvation, then going to dangerous areas, to eventually having your full life controlled by the group. If you are not doing enough you are constantly reminded you may be going to hell.

Think of all the young people who are hit with the flashy brochures and get sucked in right out of high school. Most people in the 17-18 yo range have not yet decided what to do with their lives, and are taken in by this thinking they are getting a non-denominational Christian education. Some actually cave-in to the pressure to convert, some who embrace it fully actually change their major to Bible and get ordained, the ones who resist even after all the "counseling" are shunned until they eventually give up and leave, with large amounts of time and money missing from their lives.

Please think about this carefully before you make up your mind, and if you do decide to help then send me a PM or a reply here on the board. You may stop thousands of kids from being taken advantage of, and may even save some lives.

Date: January 20, 2014 11:28AM

they send young students into dangerous places to preach? wow, are there some doucuments or at least stories you ahve of that happening?

Date: January 21, 2014 07:04AM

kyonsenkoku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they send young students into dangerous places to
> preach? wow, are there some doucuments or at least
> stories you ahve of that happening?
Yes. This is a standard practice of the cult. They have two missions breaks per year where they send students on missions trips. Some go to third world countries and some have gone to very dangerous areas of South Central LA where there has been documented gang activity.

There has been deaths of people who have gone on missions trips. One such was documented in their own newsletter "The Masters Current." A girl named Natalie Dyk listened to a sermon by Ray Comfort during the college chapel service just prior to the missions week saying that you wouldn't be saved if you did not go out of your comfort zone. (It may not be word-for-word, but I was there when he said this, so I know he did, and Natalie's journal had notes on this sermon in it when her belongings were examined, according to the article.) She went to a third world country and they did not know the roads well enough, their vehicle tipped over killing everyone inside, including Natalie. Yet, you don't see MacArthur or Comfort going to these places.

I was assigned to go to South Central LA during one missions break, I refused on account of my aunt and grandmother being ill and I would have to go home to take care of things and see about them. I was told by numerous people in the organization that I was going to Hell for not spreading the Gospel. They take the missions breaks very seriously.

Date: January 21, 2014 08:29AM

Some posts were wiped out when the website changed servers, so for the benefit of the new people coming on here I will try to repost some of the online documentation that was previously on here:

Here is the New York Times Article about the 1985 Nouthetic Counseling suicide:
http://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/20/us/church-sued-over-a-suicide-says-it-will-change-training.html

Here is MacArthur's top executives Mark Tatlock and Sharon Staats showing off the museum the church built to MacArthur:
http://www.signalscv.com/archives/64011/

Here is the introductory material on GCC's website given to the general public about Lordship Salvation:
http://www.gracechurch.org/distinctives/lordship_salvation/

Here is an article called "Sufficiency of Scripture" where they say psychology is adding to Scripture:
http://www.gracechurch.org/distinctives/scripture/

Here is an article about "Church Discipline." Note the phrase "they are to pursue the person aggressively.":
http://www.gracechurch.org/distinctives/church_discipline/

Here is MacArthur preaching Natalie Dyk's funeral:
http://www2.masters.edu/pulpit/files/2000/Fall-'00/20000908-JohnMacArthur-mp3

I hope this is all enough for the people who are researching this group. That is why I am posting these links. Also, remember in the links to MacArthur's site this is only introductory material and not necessarily how things will be like once you are in the organization. However, I hope this documentation will be good enough for those that are looking into this to start their research, and will help the members of this forum understand the group better.

If you have any further questions I would be happy to answer them. Also, for those of you that are former members please consider what I said in the previous post very carefully and consider posting or sending me a PM. If more of us get together to start some kind of blog about this, maybe we can make a difference.

Date: January 21, 2014 09:41AM

I cant seem to find any info on the death of Natalie Dyk,and wow sending 18 year olds right into the heart of gangster territory/third world nations??!!! just what is this guy thinking??? do you know how many people have died from trips sponsered by Macauthor's colledge?

Ray Comfort too... well if you know anything about him you know that all he really cares about is $$$ his organization makesover 2 million a year and guess where is most of that spend... on salaries

Current Page: 31 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.