Current Page: 17 of 36
Re: Ex members of John MacArthur's church
Posted by: gracetowho? ()
Date: January 27, 2013 12:30AM

Here's a pretty good exposé by a former rabid respecter of John Macarthur...

[paulspassingthoughts.com]

Gtw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 27, 2013 01:31AM

Dear GTW?:

This is a great site. I read it. Everything that Immel says is so true. This is a dangerous cult and like Immel I was steeped in it and God took Me out. I must say, I threw all of MacArthur's tapes and books out. If I am going to document him I can get it on the internet because his lies are all over the place and you can get so much info how he twists the scriptures to puff himself up and tear everybody else down.

We have to remember one thing. These people that promote Calvinsism and even the Armenianism which I don't go along with either have to face Christ when they die in this body. I believe they are all going to plead like the rich man in Luke 16. They will have to live in that doctrine in hell for the rest of their lives because it is not just the doctrine, it is blasphany of the Holy Spirit. Because I believe the Holy Spirit is in us to help us know Christ, not the doctrines of the devil such as Calvinism is.

MOTG

Date: January 27, 2013 03:02AM

Mysteryofthegospel
Dear GTW?:

This is a great site. I read it. Everything that Immel says is so true. This is a dangerous cult and like Immel I was steeped in it and God took Me out. I must say, I threw all of MacArthur's tapes and books out. If I am going to document him I can get it on the internet because his lies are all over the place and you can get so much info how he twists the scriptures to puff himself up and tear everybody else down.

We have to remember one thing. These people that promote Calvinsism and even the Armenianism which I don't go along with either have to face Christ when they die in this body. I believe they are all going to plead like the rich man in Luke 16. They will have to live in that doctrine in hell for the rest of their lives because it is not just the doctrine, it is blasphany of the Holy Spirit. Because I believe the Holy Spirit is in us to help us know Christ, not the doctrines of the devil such as Calvinism is.

MOTG

Hi MOTG,

I would have to differ with you on the difference between the reprehensible
USURPING of the Holy Spirits work in a persons life by these doctrines
verses - committing blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which is the unforgivable sin.
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit has been highly debated.

We must be careful to not to assign everyone to hell in our zeal, since
Calvinism and Arminianism make up
Pretty much 90% of Christendom.

John Macarthur Calvinism maintains that you must prove you are saved by your repentance & good works,
Arminianism says you must keep up good works and repentance to be saved.
Not much differnce there to me, but they need the freedom of simple faith in Christ, for sure.

Sincerely,

Gtw?

Date: January 27, 2013 08:13AM

GTW?

I will reply to you privately on this.

MOTG

Date: January 28, 2013 01:42AM

GTW? and others.

Did you know that JM has never repented of sin in his life? In his testimony of a Grace To You broadcast in an interview with Phil Johnson, JM states that because he was raised by such godly parents, that he never remembers a time when Christ was not in his life. There was never a time when he had to repent of sin. To me, it means he never truly knew he was a sinner and needed to be born of the Spirit. It is almost like JM is saying that he always believed he was a Christian" How do you rectify that with Romans 1 which indicates that we all supporess the truth in unrighteousness because we all sin and fall short of the glory of God. How do you determine if this man is even born again when he can't even remember a time in his life that he wasn't born again? To be born of the Spirit, you have to come to a point in your life that you are in a condition of sin and that Christ paid the price for your sin and the Holy Spirit is in you to regenerate you from darkness to light. You have to in humility, meekness, patience and resignation to God, allow the Spirit to transfer your mind from not believing to believing. But if you think you believe all the time, then there can be no transformation because you don't need to be transformed in your mind.

The Holy Spirit is in us to teach us truth. Truth never alters when it comes to God and His desire for us. What is good for one is all for all. But when that is altered by the searing of the human conscience, then a person suppresses the truth of God and can believe anything they wants, hurt anyone they wanst and not feel guilty, especially if they had degrees and ordinations to back up their thinking processes. Then when they find such men as Mahoney an Mohler and others to back up their thinking, then it adds to their belief system. This is what has happened to John MacArthur. It is a sad commentary in my mind how God's truth is turned into a lie and passed down to so many people to listen to this every week. I believe that the Holy Spirit is the teacher of truth. He gives His strength in our inner man so we can know the depths, heights, lengths and widths of God's love and so we can know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings. Christ is our life, and the Holy Spirit is in us to let us know the reality of His life in us. I believe that when we are so focused on the wrongs, we take away the truth of Christ in us the hope of glory.

Re: Shunning
Posted by: mhbm ()
Date: February 12, 2013 01:42AM

Has anyone had any experience with shunning by MacArthur followers? My daughter has just informed me that I am no longer welcome in her home because of my affiliation with a volunteer organization that is Catholic, in nature citing 1 Cor. 5:11, Rom. 16:17, and 2 Th. 3:14-15 as her basis for this.

Date: February 13, 2013 04:08AM

Hello mhbn,

Yes, Shunning is the primary means of
control in John Macarthur influenced
churches - Shunning and Shaming.

It is also what typical cults do.

Guilt is a powerful motivator so John Macaurthur
must shame his followers into following his dictates
or they to will be shunned.
It's a pretty well documented way to control people.

It's very hard to control Free people, so John MacArthur must
inculcate into his followers that they are not Free in Christ, that
they must have a constant conscienceness of their sin
sin sin.
So they spend their lives trying to rid themselves of
sin to get some relief, so getting rid of you...
provides some temporary
relief....until the next sermon.

This is a living hell your daughter is involved with.

This is completely opposed to the gospel which
pronounced us Forgiven! by faith in Christ!
Free from condemnation!

Those that Know they are Free would not fall for
this bondage theology - you only need to read
the book of Galatians to see John MacArthur is
a Judaizer, adding to the gospel of Jesus, therefore
nullifying it.

The last thing John Macarhurites let you know is
if you do leave their church you are in sin
and therefore going to hell.

Interesting that your daughter is shunning you
over helping out the Catholics ...
John MacArthurs theology and practice has much
more in common with Catholicism than
normal Christianity which is:

Faith in Christ = Salvation unto good works.
Catholicism is:
Faith in Christ plus Good Works = Salvation.

John Macarthur preaches a false gospel.

Posted by: mhbm ()
Date: February 13, 2013 05:16AM

Another similarity is that she pleads with me to repent, but I get the strong impression that I must repent to her, which would be like confessing to a priest, wouldn't it?

Date: February 13, 2013 06:08AM

Yes, the spiritual Elitism John Macarthur breeds into his victims, along with the constant, but subtle, condemnation, turns a person into a desperately condemned person who must go out and find others to bring them into the same bondage,
"to glory in the flesh" as Paul wrote in his Epistle to the Galatians.
So Yes she wants you to confess to her, she would feel good again, until the next sermon.

So you have really worried, anxious people.... worried about "swallowing a gnat" and going to hell
Or the ones who are "given past feeling" they become arrogant sin sniffers...those are the ones that cause the greatest harm, the mini-johns.

Your daughter has probably gone thru the frenetic nouthetic course,
which bases all your problems on some on confessed sin in your life.

I would go to the book of galatians, copy and paste the whole thing on an email,
PUTTING HER NAME WHERE IT SAYS,
"They"
And send it to her....And pray!.

I will post what im talking about.

Very Truly Yours,

gtw?

Re: Shunning
Posted by: teacher ()
Date: February 13, 2013 07:09PM

mhbm
Has anyone had any experience with shunning by MacArthur followers? My daughter has just informed me that I am no longer welcome in her home because of my affiliation with a volunteer organization that is Catholic, in nature citing 1 Cor. 5:11, Rom. 16:17, and 2 Th. 3:14-15 as her basis for this.

Wow. this is so sad. I am really sorry to hear this. I must agree with GTW? Shunning is one psychological technique used by mac arthurists and as far as i am concerned it is also one of the most damaging. It can really split people up. I hope your daughter will really see the light. How can anyone think there is our God in all this? It remains a mystery to me.

Current Page: 17 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.