Eckankar
Date: November 10, 2004 09:37AM

Anyone had an experience with Eckankar? Almost dated a girl from Eckankar a few weeks ago. Attractive, apparently intelligent and very motivated, yet very touchy about her new spiritual path. I've read at alt.fan.eckankar, or something like that, where many critics who were past members are really raked over the coals by present members.

I had a friend in the Church of Scientology too, and from what I saw personally they were rather odd, although they went to great pains to be friendly. Although I did get the strangest looks when I aced their personality test. My friend spoke up for me, and said that I must of been "clear" in a past life, whatever that means. The COS girl I was attracted to was dumb as could be when it came to COS vs reality, but heh, it wasn't like I was seeing her for her brains. At least one of us is honest about it.

She was brought up by COS parents and never stood a chance at reality. She seemed to spend every free moment there "training," and couldn't understand why I didn't want to as well. My friend claimed power PK skills, to dissolved clouds by staring at them (yet blamed me when he couldn't prove it), enhanced abundance "technology," yet all the kids were sequestered in a stinky backroom in lieu of genuine daycare. And one night he pointed up at a star and solemnly told me that that was where the enemy was.

Lost a friend to Landmark, and ironically though my friend supposedly became better versed in "communication," ever since I disagreed with her new ideas I haven't heard a peep out of her since June 2004. So much for improved communications, and I didn't even get one of those famous "apologies" one reads about here after she attended subsequent advanced sessions. Last I heard she was talking about leading forums and LOVED one Jenandra who'd been her forum coach.

Sorry folks that's all I got. Don't ask me any EXPERT questions or profound thoughts on this becase I got NOTHING--only confusion.

I'm posting this again as it didn't seem to work the first time. Hopefully no redundancies.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.