Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Wayman Mitchell & Potter's House
Posted by: cultbuster ()
Date: January 03, 2003 08:06AM

I just read a huge new article on Mitchell's at [www.slamthedoor.50megs.com.] Check out the article titled, WDWD.

It is all about Mitchell's betrayal of his men. Very interesting!

cultbuster

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xcfcmi2003 ()
Date: December 13, 2004 10:33AM

I have read this site and enjoyed it. My favorite is the sound bites of Mitchell's ranting. Those are hilarious!

Posted by: forgiven2forget ()
Date: April 28, 2005 03:03PM

Has anyone found a way to overcome some of the negative things that happened to former members of this church?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 28, 2005 04:00PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

There is helpful informaiton about recovery from destructive groups and resources listed at this link.

Posted by: naboth675 ()
Date: May 03, 2005 05:06AM

After many years in the potters house I saw first hand the manipulative and dangerous work of pastor ernie toppin.
He taught that everything he said from the pulpit was from God and that it should be taken, not as him speaking but God speaking. He then went on to say that those who did not like it were in rebellion to God and could leave if they didn't like it.
Some of the things he teaches as God's mouthpiece are .....
-You must give beyond 10% of your earnings into the offering. Because the bible speaks of tithes and offerings he regularly tells people that if they don't do this God will curse them and they will burn in hell.
-He warns visitors that they are not there by chance and then tells them of people who didn't get saved then died later. He often warns people that we could die right now in a gas explosion. He often suggests divine timing in hearing a message.
-A former long standing member is now suffering from psychiatric problems which started to materialise while under Toppins preaching.
- Toppin claims that God speaking to him is as real as 400 volts of electricity up his arm. He claims that those who don't experience God this clearly are not committed.
- Toppin was appointed as a non paid voluntary pastor. He has since put himself in full time paid ministry and the church with barely 15 members finacialy supports this.
- Toppin had a blazing row with more than one person who wanted to leave or has left the church. He tends to be very intense and I have seen him getting animated with a former member he saw on the street.
- Toppin teaches that you can affect reality by the words you speak. He regularly talks about revival and how God wanted them to move to a new building where he was going to bring revival. Within a year for sale signs were put up and his church had to leave. They have no permanent home at present. Nobody dares question his judgement for fear of making a 'negative confession'
- Toppin condemns all the churches in the city {there are 60} because they don't have the same evangelism programme as him.
- In one sermon alone he drove 5 people out with one angry sermon. Quite an achievement for a church of only 12 at the time.

if you are a part of this church then all I can say to you is get out now and get out fast.

Posted by: xcfcmi2003 ()
Date: June 05, 2005 10:02PM

The Slam the Door website is currently down.

Posted by: Quertol ()
Date: June 22, 2005 11:17PM

What happened to Slam the Door???

Posted by: Quertol ()
Date: July 21, 2005 02:12AM

naboth675
- Toppin was appointed as a non paid voluntary pastor. He has since put himself in full time paid ministry and the church with barely 15 members finacialy supports this.

WOW what a miracle... 15 people supporting him full time... Where's he preaching??? Beverly Hills???

Date: September 04, 2005 03:38AM

When Toppin moved the church to the 'prophetic' building, the owners were in a difficult financial situation and so Toppin used that to get almost unlimited access to the building for a fraction of the money he was paying for the building he moved the church out of. When he went full time he announced that he was doing this by faith as the church wasn't putting enough money in the offerings. He told them that supporting him full time was a condition of revival which he had been stirring them up for two years about.
There are about 15 adults in the church and most are working. They usualy give way above the 10% required by the tithing rule. He insists that the bible speaks of those who rob God of tithes AND OFFERINGS so people are conditioned to give way above 10% to support him. As a fall back his wife works nearly full time so if the money doesn't come in he survives.
The church is now situated in a small run down hall near the edge of the city conveiniently close to where Toppin lives.

Date: September 04, 2005 03:45AM

By the way, slam the door is up and running again.
There are new news stories on there as well.
Wayman Mitchell {the head of the cfm organisation} has tried to get a pastor thrown into prison in Fiji. This pastor has broken away from his organisation and become independant. You'll be glad to know that Mitchell's attempt was thrown out of court.
Unfortunately this is only one of the examples of unchristian and wicked behaviour by Mitchell to churches that leave. I've seen first hand the almost violent and vitriolic hatred towards those who break from the Potters House. I believe the pastor in question this time is called Larry Neville if my memory serves me right. Please pray for him as he must be going through a very hard time right now.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.