church turned into cult
Posted by: ex cult member ()
Date: October 21, 2004 12:43PM

There is a church called Christian assemblies international or CAI. They started as a small church, but the leader is very controlling and it has become a cult. They control everything, even the sex lives of married couples. They say who you can marry,how often to have sex, what job you can do, where you can live, what you think and all your free time. They once beat a woman with a stick as a punishment. They punish people for asking questions or disagreeing with their doctrines. They lie and make wrong accusations against people and think everyone else is 'heathen dog'. They make members work at weekends and nights so they are tired all the time, and when they get sick the member is told it is their fault.They are nice when you meet them, but after a while they change and you are not allowed to leave or you get threatened.
I am an ex member of this cult, and speak the truth. If you see them please do not be fooled - they are not nice Christians like they seem at first. i was one who would be nice to get people to a meeting.
Is there anyone else reading this who has had experience with them?
Or something similar? I am very hurt from them and try to get my life back. :cry:

Options: ReplyQuote
church turned into cult
Posted by: LaughingWillow ()
Date: October 23, 2004 02:52PM

I have a friend who is in a group similar to that. They are a small church who have families involved..they are scary....My friend is under so much presure from her father and his family to follow the doctrine. She finds herself being faithful only so long then droping out...but her guilt rides her badly and she has ended up on crack and prostitution to support her crack habit just to escape her reality. her father's whole family 3 generations back go to this church....and likewise with other members.
Suposably some prophet in the 1940's did some mirricles spoke some words and founded a chain of churches.

Men are supposed to wear short hair and women should wear dresess to the ankle and have long hair. no make up and husbands are to punish wives for misbehavior...and I have not seen anyone in this church come out...generations after generations of a small group of families go there.
To them all other churches serve satan and the mind control is unbelievable!! To them anyone that is not afilated with them is heathen
Once in the church, the pastor has total contol over the members..they cant talk, or question him...if he is questioned they are scornerd harshly and told how unfaithful they are....the members of the families that dont partisipate in the church but have family members that do expecialy children of cult members are on drugs and into crime due to feelings of being hated by God because they dont partisipate....but the rules are so strict that many cant do it and lead lives of being mentaly inprisioned because they think god hates them

it is sick and disturbing...they dont really seek converts but the people born into the families of the church

church turned into cult
Posted by: ex cult member ()
Date: October 26, 2004 07:02AM

:( It does sound similar. Ladies have to wear skirts, hav long hair, men short hair. Husbands punish wives all the time and wives are to obey evry little thing instantly.
Sadly a result of this is lots of poeple who leave have lost their love of god because of pressure and tyrany. We all were told we will burn in hell often if we wernt doing evrything like the overseer. He had miracles too when young, but they stopped now he runs this cult to his liking.
it is all about control to stop people leaving. There are not many people though, because it is not blessed.
It is hard to leave because we live in fear all the time. I feel it is very hard right now.

church turned into cult
Posted by: LaughingWillow ()
Date: October 26, 2004 01:15PM

Ya whats really hard are those who dont even have a choice to be there in in the first place.....those who were unfortunatly born into it or adopted into it through parents and grand parrents...like my friend

She never was recruted, thus she does not know any other way

She believes that she is going to hell and that God hates her.
She does not HAVE to attend but her mind is still controled by it because she never experienced pre-cult life. She is in and out of jail for stealing to pay for her crack habit. I blame to cult for that...why...because crack activated the chemical in our brain that makes us feel love

The only love she has ever felt....is from crack

She cant even feel my love because she thinks that I am going to screw her somehow...her parrents (cult members too) judge her because she is not being a "good christian" and because she does crack and steals, and even sells her body for artifical chemical love because she was never provided with real love because she was born into horrible cult who teach dogma, paranioa, bitterness and the road to hell is easy and the road to heaven is impossible

I am not saying your experience was not painful, but I guess i am saying in a way....it could be worse...alot worse

I dont think my friend will ever really be free.....even if her parrents die and she moves far far away from there..she never had that loving bond in early childhood that sets one's mentalities for life...her mentality that was set in early childhood is God is a madman

You dont see many people on this site who were born in cults...because many never realize it...they know no other way

Jojo

church turned into cult
Posted by: bluedolphin ()
Date: December 12, 2004 08:17AM

My daughter has been trying to break away from this cult in Browns Flat,New Brunswick,CanadaHer husband is still with them;and he and the cult members are trying to take the four children away from her.Has anyone heard tell of a Guy Meyers who passes as the minister but is actually the cult leader?

church turned into cult
Posted by: nativeflower ()
Date: February 09, 2005 01:53PM

That does sound kinda cultish...I agree.....dont make the mistake my mom made.....when she found out that I was in a cult ...she declared......"your in a %$#& cult!" that only put a wall between us...because I was taught those who think it is a cult are the enemies including family members.....so rick ross has a section on what to do if a loved one is in a cult.....somewhere on the site....look around, sorry I dont know where it is maybe someone else can post it.

JoAnne

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.