Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: humble yourself ()
Date: May 10, 2007 06:34AM

People do need to pray for those that are at rlc because there are good people there that need to see the truth, we are only suppose to worship God and the last time I checked God is still on the throne not Tony Cunningham, and thank God for that.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: May 10, 2007 09:58AM

humble yourself
People do need to pray for those that are at rlc because there are good people there that need to see the truth, we are only suppose to worship God and the last time I checked God is still on the throne not Tony Cunningham, and thank God for that.

[/size:f9eb69ba22]Amen to that Humble Yourself! I totally agree with you 120%....God Bless You! :D :D :D

Posted by: Abused ()
Date: May 11, 2007 10:07AM

You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods.

Transparent
Your observation is so accurate;
"But all this has turned to IDOLATRY! We need to pray that eyes will be opened and repentance would take place...this is taken from their newsletter....they worship the Pastors....if you disagree with me then I really am sorry!”

Tony and Brandon WORSHIP

Date: May 14, 2007 10:07AM

Yes-- Radiant Life is a Cult. Our family helped build the church and we were forced out. We were forced out because Tony was privately questioned on a few topics of concern to our family. Tony was encouraging the youth to lie on a SEVERAL topics. Tony then stopped speaking to our family, making church uncomfortable until we left. Tony then lied about our family to all who inquired about why we weren't attending. Do ministers of God lie? Do they encourage youth to lie? Tony is not honest about much, including finances. He allows his members to treat him as the God. The problem with his teachings is that many of the churches behaviors are in fact biblical; however, he takes them to an extreme measure that is cult-like. Many great people have been forced out or asked to leave because they do not sign "contracts" with the church or give as much as the church would like them to give. Even the idea that the church leaders all live together on the same street is odd. Young couples do not need to live with other couples to "learn how to be married" as the church promotes. This church has hurt HUNDREDS of good, God loving people. I just know that Tony will be judged by God someday and he will be judged harshly. I hope that this "church" will be exposed for what it really is sometime in my lifetime. It is a cult that worships Tony. I often wonder how so many people could be so blinded by the words of Tony. I have never heard of a "church" causing such anger as this "church" has. Also, SOMA is just Tony's way of creating more "mini-Tony Cunninghams"---

Posted by: TMAC ()
Date: May 14, 2007 11:39PM

I am really glad that the word is getting out about RLC. I thought that I was alone when I originally posted my concern about this church being a cult.

Even though I only attended there for about 5 months, I picked up on many things. There were just too many questionable things that I have never seen displayed in any other church that I have visited. I was very attracted to their kindness, but that soon wore off after they began getting possessive towards me. I wasn't there long enough to witness some of the things that some of the previous posters mentioned, but I could testify that I encountered a few instances. What trouble me the most was young adult females living with pastors. I spoke to one in particular who wanted to return home, but thought that it was God's calling to follow RLC. That one incidence alone really disturbed me. I just thought that it was rather odd.

The other thing that stood out to me was that members of the church were worshipping Pastor Tony like he was a God. I got this weird feeling everytime I met Pastor Tony. He just came across as a shady car sells man. He is just like Jim Jones.

I also didn't appreciate the touchy and feely type response that I received from people who were strangers to me. To have people that I did not know hugging on me was very uncomfortable as a married women. Yes. they were being nice, but it was just too strange to walk into a church and have members latching on to me like a parasite.

I really hope that anyone that is attending RLC will leave. I am really concern about their new church plant in Katy, TX outside of Houston. I hope that anyone who is reading this thread and who examines the teachings of RLC will realize that this place is a cult. I do not want to see anymore families hurt, kids leaving their parents, or anyone deceived like I was. I am glad that God was able to show me a few red flags which allow me to conclude that RLC is very much a cult.

Thanks for sharing your stories and experiences. It will help many people who are attending RLC to share theirs. I believe that many members are great people who believe that they are truly following God. It is Pastor Tony and the other elders that are deceitful.

The truth will always come out one way or another. It is just so sad that many families will be destroyed before they discover the truth about RLC.

Posted by: mowman_100 ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:40PM

Consider...

Did I miss something?
Am I really not understanding?

Was I the only one who grew up learning that a persons reputation is based off of thier conduct, words, actions, and treatment of others?
That it is of great importance to know the character of the one speaking before I believe the words he is saying?
Was I the only one?

So let me see (hypothetically of course)...
Are you going to tell me that I could be an abussive husband/father who lives a faithless life. I could be harsh with my children, dishonest with my business practices, whos speech is full of profane, vulgur, godless talk...whos treatment of others is void of the grace of God that was extended me....
I could be all of these things...and still...log on to here, say what ever my heart pleases...and others will believe it simply because I typed it.

Wow....That is some serious, godlike power.

Please continue to show me how...if you dare test God.

Posted by: humblefollower ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:56PM

Yeah I've heard of RLC... I've been going there for maybe 7 years or so. I would consider it a fantastic church. Very good childrens ministry, loving pastorial care and consideration. I have had many previous church experiences, most of them not pleasent at all, however I found great friends, God focused leaders, and a place I'm very happy to call my home church. I've spoken to Tony personally about some issues I heard from someone else, and he listened to each of my issues and addressed them. I have found nothing but humility shown by him and the other staff. His message has always been, from day one focused on the kingdom of God and God's purposes. I personally know that some have left the church due to hurt and misunderstanding. However, I also know far more (maybe 100 to 1) who have nothing but good things to testify about regarding the Lord changing thier life for the good through this ministry.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 15, 2007 07:38PM

humblefollower:

Does RLC have a democratically elected board that is voted in by the general membership?

If so, can that board fire and/or hire pastors, and discipline them?

Is there an independently audited and annually published financial report distributed to members that details all salaries and any compensation paid out from church funds?

How does the constitution and bylaws of RLC provide for the above?

Posted by: humblefollower ()
Date: May 15, 2007 07:54PM

Does RLC have a democratically elected board that is voted in by the general membership?

YES. The individuals who make up the board of elders are nominated by a certain number of congragants. After that they are interview by a panel of elders who determine if they meet the biblical qualifications for an overseer. If yes, thier name is placed on the ballot for a vote at the general assembly (comprised of anyone interested who has attended RLC for at least 6 months, and is over 18 (a quarum must be met)

If so, can that board fire and/or hire pastors, and discipline them?

YES. And have done both

Is there an independently audited and annually published financial report distributed to members that details all salaries and any compensation paid out from church funds?

YES. Prepared by an independent firm and published annually at the general assembly meeting along woth the proposed next years budget for vote.

How does the constitution and bylaws of RLC provide for the above?

All of these are spelled out clearly in the bylaws. The church is a member of the Church of God Association, Anderson, ID.

Also, Pastor Tony has a Ministrial Arts Degree from an accredited college.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 15, 2007 08:17PM

humblefollower:

Thanks for that information.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.