Re: Radiant Life Church of Sacramento, California, Tony Cunningham
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: May 10, 2012 03:58AM

For the life of me I cant not understand is what his followers believe in, after the collapse of Tony’s church empire?
Why would anyone with half a brain still follow this charlatan?

After seeing the devastating fallout of what one false teacher can do to so many living souls here in Elk Grove, Sacramento, Marysville Washington and Coos Bay Oregon, his fruit has made more Agnostics, Atheist and False Converts! linning his pockes all the way.

What I don't understand is how complacent and apathetic some ex-members can be including some of the pastors here in Elk Grove. They never openly and honestly talk about what went wrong and why or how to guard your self from wolves like Tony. False Teachers - Wolves that slip into a church to steel kill and destroy.

Are ex-members and the Christian church in general learning from this event or are they enabling these false teachers by being silent?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2012 04:14AM by BraveHeart.

Re: Radiant Life Church of Sacramento, California, Pastor Tony Cunningham
Date: May 17, 2012 02:24AM

I understand the attitude that some people have who were once a part of Radiant Life they will say "We know, now, Move On!" or "I don't want to talk about it"

I’m not trying to pick on anyone specifically it is simply an observation here in Elk Grove when I bump into somebody at the grocery store who was part of Radiant Life.
I am simply trying to challenge people in how you deal with the past and future…
So often it is easy to sweep things under the carpet open up a bag of potato chips or turn on the TV to forget about the past, never learning from it and growing. Having that mindset, Could you be guilty of subverting the gospel?
Or could you be enabling the enemy by turning a blind eye and remaining silent, especially regarding people who are promoting heresy and false teachings within the church. Or could it be that you too have been spiritually hurt and talking about it opens up old wounds and hurts?

Have you ever considered all the people you once knew from Radiant Life? To see someone that was once part of Radiant Life and not be interested in how they are doing spiritually is not showing love. How have they endured this journey? How are they growing in the faith? To learn that over 65% percent of the marriages at RLc have ended up in divorce should break your heart. What do you say to the individual who openly now rejects God? What do you say to the individual who is divorced and is angry with God? What do you do when you learn that someone is still pledging their allegiance to a man like Tony, and still attending his meetings?

I believe the Christian church needs to follow the example of the Apostles and call out false teachers and wolves that are trying to lead believers away from the truth. Too much liberalism and revisionism has crept into the church causing people to NOT be rooted in the Gospel and not equipped to defend the faith

There should be a great encouragement to anyone who has been hurt by false teacher in the church or come out of a bad church experience. And we should be eager to openly talk about this with people we meet.

Let the Gospel of Jesus Christ be the foundation for restoration, encouragement, hope and most of all faith.

Here is a clip from a radio show that talks about this very topic.
w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_Jzn7GBtE

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2012 02:48AM by BraveHeart.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:05AM

Braveheart I'm wondering if they dont want to talk about it because they dont want to be wrong, or admit they fell for false theology cuz they werent as spiritual at they thought. the idea that everything a person believes in is a lie ,is hard for many to take. theyd rather believe in a lie and find others to agree with them. then ask God for His truths, especially when His truth speaks of suffering, giving up worldly ambitions for godly ones. and seeking to decrease so He may increase. actully many people I know who left turningpoint ( which copied tonys teachings and ways) go and find churchs that teach the same false doctrines, they seem to be seeking their own glory and fortune by doing relegious stuff. its almost like they got this idea that some feeling they get at a church is a sign it must be godly. as if they were antannas for God lol. as If even though the teaching doesnt match up with the gospel, if makes them feel warm and fuzzy so it must be God. I dont know maybe the gospel is wrong maybe Jesus got it wrong, and benny hinn, and joel osteen, and john bevere and all those other great authers and preachers that are making so much money selling God are right,

Date: May 22, 2012 01:13PM

nooneofanyimportence
You make a very good point; there is defiantly the element of embarrassment dealing with the aftermath of Radiant Life and Turning Point. The fact that we were all fooled at one point in time & deceived by the slickness of the wolves those who are very gifted at tickling people ears.
However we all can also learn much from this experience; the bible exhorts us all to be like the Berean’s, testing everything according to scripture. When somebody starts teaching something that is contrary to what the apostles taught then they are to be an anathema!
This may come across like strong words but look at Luke 17, Jesus said to His disciples, “It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble. Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ forgive him.”

So far, this is something Tony and Mike have NEVER done! And yes! Jesus is addressing the false teacher like Tony and Mike that IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR THEM IF A MILLSTONE WERE HUNG AROUND THERE NECKS AND THEY WERE THROWN INTO THE SEA’ still there are people who in dealing with the aftermath of Radiant Life and Turning Point are more willing to sweep it all under the carpet and try to forget about it and appear to others that they have moved on. Never dealing with the offense of someone promoting a counterfeit gospel message.
The thing we all need to remember is a counterfeiter will do everything he can to make his dollars appear to be authentic to get you to accept the dollar bill he is passing to you. Even though it may look 97% authentic, remember it is still 100% counterfeit! That is why in the church today it is so important to TEST EVERYTHING according to the scriptures!!

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: May 24, 2012 09:10AM

Some major repentance would have been nice. But that would have proved that they in some fashion still wanted to honor God more than themselves.

Instead we got blame shifting "I was too slow to correct others who did wrong"

The only thing that you did was prove that you were in in for yourselves.

Actually, you did us all a big favor by giving us a glimpse of what was underneath the sheeps clothing. Mr Wolf.

It was easy to make a decision then.

Date: May 24, 2012 12:25PM

wantingtruth
Some major repentance would have been nice. But that would have proved that they in some fashion still wanted to honor God more than themselves.

Instead we got blame shifting "I was too slow to correct others who did wrong"

The only thing that you did was prove that you were in in for yourselves.

Actually, you did us all a big favor by giving us a glimpse of what was underneath the sheeps clothing. Mr Wolf.

It was easy to make a decision then.
I wish we could cast our votes for postings that we like because I agree with you 100% and I like you post!

Posted by: Fool Me Once ()
Date: June 20, 2012 04:12AM

Well he has started his church again. Look for him at starbucks on Watermen and Elk Grove Blvd. THis is his new hang out with all his followers . Some people will never learn.

Posted by: Reader ()
Date: September 30, 2012 07:25AM

Let me start by saying that I did not attend Radiant Life, but have friends who were high up in the church. I've followed the posts for a long time, and was glad to see things finally come to an end. Today, while at lunch at Maharaja Restaurant in EG, I saw Tony Cunningham with another guy, the one in one of the Radiant Life pics. In the pic the guy is hugging someone, and there is a bald-headed guy near him.

Is Tony Cunningham back? I haven't talked to my friends in a long time, but I'm hoping they haven't hooked back up with him.

Date: September 30, 2012 09:42AM

Reader, you share some sad news as I keep hopping and praying the guy who is all huggy would see the light, that he would realise he is being played like a fiddle. I would hope that he would actually read the bible in context. To be like the Berean's. Unrolled then Tony will continue to manipulate this guy for money and free labor.
It is really sad to learn that Tony is still up to his old tricks, false teachings and lies.
Tony is no different than a Todd Bentley or Kenneth Copeland.

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: October 02, 2012 10:19AM

I scratch my head. It is amazing and pathetic at the same time. Huggy man has seriously misplaced priorities and loyalties. Maybe it's some sort of Stockholm syndrome. Kind of like Patty Hearst.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.