Re: Radiant Life Church of Sacramento, California, Pastor Tony Cunningham
Posted by: Timetospeak ()
Date: May 28, 2011 01:02AM

Incidentally, the behavior of Tony Cunningham, John Richards, and Greg Huth caused many young and old to reject God. The way that Tony responded to all the allegations simply exposed his true character. Never did he admit to ANY wrong doing but instead blamed it on those that trusted him. Even those that called him spiritual father". He burned them when they simply reached out for help. Many, many people went to the elders for help and then Tony did all he could through manipulations and lieing to try to keep it all under his control. He manipulated SOMA students and staff by lieing and playing on their emotions. He repeatedly lied to the church body to manipulate them against those elders that stood for investigation and revealing any truth. SOMA students were taught one to honor leadership, to care for the sheep, to lead by example, to consider the best for others and then Tony showed his ass and demonstrated what not to do. Perhaps his most sincere public performance. He said he would "take down the elders" and he thought he did. What actually happened is that they were set free. The elders did not need to do anything much as Tony did it to himself. He made committments and then immediately broke them out of fear of being sued, he was sued repeatedly anyway. Rose Cunningham called the church body evil doers even while they were serving Christ in "her" church. If that were true then evil doers were serving the congregation with no action taken. Roland held a church wide meeting to "inform" the church body and then gave no true information, acused other people, and then asked for money for Tony because Tony was sad. Now that, in light of all they were going through was the oppitomy of stupid and more people left. I would be sad too if I were not raking in $300,000+ a year anymore and the church wa buying my $50,000 Shelby. Tony said he was "not a pastor" and yet he remains in that position. There are several eye witnesses that watched Tony rub feet with Veronica or he would be carressing her hair while it was on his lap and were all puzzled. Where was Rose? Tending to the children. Elders moved away from the cultsac and he mocked them. Now if you think this is slander it is not. The absolute best defense for slander, or defamation of character, is THE TRUTH. All of the above is documented with many eye witnesses that can swear under oath that it is all true. It has already been proven that Tony cannot speak the truth under oath (pie and $20 bill)- so there you have it. An out of control pastor.

Here is another thing. Unbelievers watched this happen and bocked at the church. It is demonstrations like these from pastors and churches that cause people to reject God. This, all to protect one man who cursed those that confronted him. All he had to do was confess publically and repent immediately. Instead he used all his stategic man powered tactics and he sunk the ship. He tried to be an executive business man with no training, expertise or discipline but only armed with pipe dreams. People invested money in his antics and lost. People believed in his dreams and lost. People trusted their families to his teachings and lost. People put their faith in him and they lost. Tony put his faith in himself and lost. His kids put their faith in him and lost.

Where I need to be careful is not to consider all pastors and church leaders to be like this. God has rescued me. I have been growing out of this issue with RLC and I am blessed to be where I am today. God is good and has taught me to use discernment and not be witheld from Him. It is now relatively easy to sort out what is true and what is a lie. I am pursuing God again and need to put this behind me. See the 8865 White Peacock house vacant has launched me forward in forgetting the past. Tony and Rose are no longer in my neighborhood and that is good thing for all, including Tony. Maybe things will change for him and I am glad it can happen far away from me and my family.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: May 28, 2011 02:17AM

Timetospeak
Did anyone go into the backyard and find broken sticks where Tony was alledgedly breaking them and casting curses on people? This accusation came from a reliable source and it might be good to collect these up, he may have written names on them.
Timetospeak,
No, I don't see anything like that, he took the outdoor fire-pit and emptied out the house as you can see by the photos.

NOW, WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT DID TONY HAVE BURIED IN HIS BACK YARD????
I discovered a recently Exhumed hole in Tony’s back yard about 4 feet deep seen here with a pallet covering up

yes there are snakes in the pit.

Here are some shots of his back yard and empty house.

Posted by: Hector_Ragnar ()
Date: May 28, 2011 09:36AM

BraveHeart

TONY THE NEIGHBORHOOD IS SAFER NOW THAT YOU HAVE MOVED OUT !

SO WE HAD A LITTLE BBQ CELEBRATING YOUR DEPARTURE!!

That was too much Fun!

Date: May 31, 2011 11:41PM

“THAT WAS AWKWARD”
so says one billboard said with Matthew 24:36 connected

Here is something to ponder.
We just endured another false teacher, yes he was claiming to know the day that the Lord would return, Harold Camping made a prediction or prophesy that May 21st would be the last day......

It’s a pretty big mess out there in America, thanks to one false prophet Mr. Harold Camping,
we should pity him,
we should feel sorry for him,
we should pray for him that he would get saved.

When considering the false teachings of any false teacher Harold Camping, Rob Bell, Tony Cunningham and his protege Mike Vilamore. I don’t think mocking is inappropriate, and I don’t think that exposing his false teachings, clearly and loudly is inappropriate!
We should be doing a shout out to his followers, and that they would hear some of the mocking. Some times it’s a little rough when you follow somebody falsely.
Jesus said; but of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. Matthew 24:36
What Jesus was saying in this passage is........NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY OR HOUR

Pointing out the false teachings and how Tony has ruined people like Mike and Cindi should be a big wake up call to people still following the false teacher Tony Cunningham people like Greg and Kathy Skinner, Greg & Kelly Huth, Roland & Shay Pang, Tom Kimball, Joel Arpilleda, Ted Burford, John Lee and John Richards.
we should pity them,
we should feel sorry for them,
we should pray for them, that he would get saved.

Posted by: Fool Me Once ()
Date: June 02, 2011 04:12AM

well we think we know were all the money was hidden.. How else do you pay for another property in cash

Date: June 19, 2011 05:28PM

From a deposition of Tony Cunningham May 14, 2009
You will all find this a good read especially those of you still attending Radiant Life.

MR. ASCH: Okay. So spiritual parenting. What is that? Does that mean anything to you?
WITNESS, TONY CUNNINGHAM. I have heard the term.
Q. What does it mean?
A. Well, having heard the term, I don't know what it means when someone says it to me.
Q. Have you ever practiced spiritual parenting?
A. I have practiced what I believe that's reference to, if that's helpful to you. I'm not trying to mince words or --
Q. Okay. Can you tell me what your definition of spiritual parenting is, the type that you practice?
A. Okay. In the scripture it tells us that we are to treat older men as fathers and older women as mothers. Older men are exhorted to respond to -- specifically be sure that their relationship with younger women is pure, as a father. Paul said that his true son in the faith was Timothy. So this concept of a relationship seems --
Q. Critical.
A. Not critical. Seems peppered within the context of the New Testament.
Q. So spiritual parenting is a relationship skill that you teach; is that a fair statement?
A. No, that is not a fair statement.
Q. Okay. What did I miss?
A. That the older men in the church are to love and care for as fathers –
Q. Younger women?
A. -- younger men, younger women, people within the context of the body.
Q. Were there members of your church who were spiritual parents?
A. I believe there were.
Q. Were you one of them?
A. I believe that I would, yes, be perceived as a father in the faith. CAN YOU SMELL THE ARROGANCE HERE?
Q. And those that you were a spiritual parent to, did you also disciple those?
A. Not necessarily.
Q. Would it be fair to say that those who received spiritual parenting were also students at SOMA?
A. No, not necessarily. And for whatever reason, you know, we're stuck on this phrase that you seem to want to repeat. And --
Q. I'm just trying to get to what exactly it is. Would you agree with this: Based in faith but used as an excuse for young adults and youth to cut ties with families and has led to destruction of marriages?
A. No, I would not agree with that. BUT THAT IS WHAT YOU TAUGHT TONY!
Q. Would you agree with discipleship based on truth but turned into a manipulation tool in order to keep track of folks' dirty laundry where it was used to manipulate and control people, and then if people asked questions the dirty laundry was aired in leadership development at SOMA?
A. I would not agree with that. BUT TONY THAT IS HOW YOU USED INFORMATION AGAINST PEOPLE
Q. Okay. Honor based in truth but twisted into a way for hired hand and merrymen to take advantage of the flock and when questioned people were told how unhonoring they were to question the Apostle. Would you agree with that?
A. No.
Q. Who is the Apostle?
A. I have no idea who that refers to. WHAT!
Q. Can you tell me about submission? Because Daniel talked a lot about submission in his deposition, and it was something that he said he learned from you, to submit to your authority. Can you tell me what that means?
A. I couldn't begin to tell you what he's referring to. WHAT DO YOU CALL A PERSON WHO TELLS A LIE? COME ON MR. CUNNINGHAM WHY CAN'T YOU TELL THE TRUTH?? WHY DODGE THE QUESTIONS?
Q. Have you ever given a lecture on submission anywhere?
A. Anywhere or about anything? Regarding submission?
Q. Sure.
A. Yes.
Q. And where did you do that?
A. At a marriage conference.
Q. Which one?
A. Our local church marriage conference.
Q. At Radiant Life?
A. Yes.
Q. Where else?
A. Probably in a SOMA class.
Q. Okay. Which class?
A. I don't know.
Q. Okay. Where else?
A. Probably on Sunday morning at church.
Q. It sounds like one of your themes.
A. I'm commissioned to teach the scripture, the call to submit to one another and to submit to authorities, governmental, to imitate Christ who is, in fact, the example of submission.
Q. And how would you demonstrate that?
A. I don't understand your question.
Q. How do you encourage and assist people in imitating Christ?
A. I don't follow your question.
Q. You're the pastor. You're teaching about submission. You just said imitate Christ who is an example of submission. How do you model that?
A. By humbly serving one another.
Q. And in the context of Daniel Plant, did he submit to you?
A. I couldn't answer that.
Q. You said humbly submit one --
A. Humbly serve -- ONE AGAIN, TONY WITH HIS WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS THEOLOGY
Q. Serve --
A. -- one another.
Q. -- one another? And then I asked, did Daniel Plant humbly serve others?
A. And I can't answer that.
Q. Did you discuss modeling and submission with him?
A. Probably.
Q. Do you recall what you would have said to him?
A. Something along the lines of the things that we've covered in the last three to five minutes.
Q. And you would agree with all authority's established by God?
A. Yes, I would agree with that.
Q. And you would agree that David honored and submitted to Jesse and Saul; we should do the same?
A. I would agree that David honored and submitted to Jesse and Saul and that the scripture calls us to honor one another and to submit to one another.
Q. And by doing so, we will desire what the King desires. True?
A. By --
Q. By doing so, we will desire what the King desires.
A. By submitting to one another and serving one another we will desire what King, as in King Jesus or God, desires. Is that what you're asking me?
Q. Yep.
A. Yes.
Q. So being unified requires having a king?
A. You have made a statement. I'm not sure what you want me to do in response to your statement.
Q. I'm asking you, is that true or false? Being unified requires having a king, true or false?
A. False.
Q. And the reason is?
A. People that don't acknowledge a king can be in fact unified.
Q. Do you believe that that's one of your teachings?
A. That people who don't have a king can in fact be unified?
Q. Yes.
A. Yes.
Q. And do you believe that your encouragement and help was to change those who didn't believe?
A. I don't understand what you're asking me right now.
Q. One of your theories you talked about was unification in relationship, true?
A. I don't remember that being my theory.
Q. One of your themes in the office environment was unification?
A. One of my themes in human relationship is unity.
Q. Yes. Yep. True?
A. Yes.
Q. Okay. Did you work with Daniel Plant, and I mean by encouraging and teaching him about unity?
A. Did I encourage and teach Daniel Plant about unity?
Q. Yes.
A. I believe so.
Q. And you would agree that unity brings the pleasures of God and the favor of God?
A. I would agree that human unity brings pleasure to God.
Q. There are many people who have attended SOMA. Have any graduated?
A. Excuse me? WHAT ABOUT THE PROMISE OF CREDENTIALING? OR WAS THAT JUST ANOTHER LIE
Q. Many people have attended SOMA, true?
A. Define "many" for me, please.
Q. At least a thousand.
A. That is entirely untrue.
Q. How many would you say?
A. Are we now asking me how many people attended SOMA?
Q. Yeah. If a thousand is too much, what do you think the number is?
A. Perhaps in the neighborhood of 150, including part time.
Q. That's have attended, right?
A. Mm-hmm.
Q. Okay. And each one was paying 250 a quarter? A semester?
A. Is that a statement?
Q. Yes. I'm -- just a question. Did they pay 250?
A. Yes, it's a statement or you would like to ask your question?
Q. The question and statement is they paid 250 a semester.
A. That's a statement.
Q. And you agree with it?
A. No.
Q. How much did they pay?
A. Some paid nothing.
Q. Okay.
A. Others paid $250 a month.
Q. Okay.
A. Others paid something between nothing and $250 a month.
Q. Okay. And how many graduated?
A. I can't tell you the exact number. So would you like me to --
Q. Give me your best estimate.
A. Forty-five.
Q. When was the last graduating class?
A. Last winter.
Q. 2008?
A. Yes.
Q. So the school closed in 2009?
A. 2008.
Q. So what happened to the people that had been paying tuition and taking classes? Where are they going to learn to be --
A. Well, in anticipation that we would close at the end of 2008, we stopped taking enrollment.
Q. So this was a planned closure?
A. That would be correct.
Q. Okay. Have you ever seen his blog site?
A. I certainly have.
Q. Do you have any opinions about it?
A. Certainly I have opinions about it.
Q. What's your opinion?
A. That it is not helpful or objective.
Q. And you're making that observation after reading what people have said?
A. I certainly haven't read everything that everyone said, but I did read a sizable portion and came to that conclusion.
Q. How is it that so many people have so many wrong opinions about the church?
A. Well, you presumed that there's a quantity of people, and you've presumed that the quantity of people all have a wrong opinion, or you've at least presumed that that's what I've presumed.
Q. Yes, sir. That is correct. Was I wrong?
A. I would not agree that it's all of these people. And I would not agree that every opinion verbalized by an unhappy former member is necessarily wrong.
Q. Well, if I told you that I read something that said that at your zenith you actually had something like 2200 members, whether or not those are families or members, I can't tell you. I'm just laying a foundation for the fact that you said there's about 3 or 400 hundred families there now.
A. Approximately.
Q. I'm gathering that there's a lot of former members.
A. Certainly.
Q. And I'm taking that when I read this, that we previously discussed the reason for the decline of membership. You said it was complicated. Okay. I've read excerpts out of this document which --
A. Okay. For the record, the document you're referring to is the blog site?
Q. Correct. It's "Has anyone ever heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento?"
A. Thank you.
Q. That's the one.
A. That's the document that you're making reference to.
Q. Correct. I'm just telling you what --
A. Wonderful.
Q. And I don't believe everything I read on the internet, but it just seems that a lot of people share opinions that Daniel Plant has. And I'm just asking you whether or not they're all wrong.
MS. DELANOY: I am just going --
THE WITNESS: I believe --
MS. DELANOY: Hold on.
MR. ASCH: He already said he read it, he knows the document.
MS. DELANOY: I'm aware. I'm objecting to the entire line of questioning that makes reference to a blog web site with unnamed contributors with which the witness
has not been made familiar at this deposition. And any testimony regarding these unnamed individuals who commented on a blog site calls for speculation, is an incomplete hypothetical and lacks foundation and is not relevant to this case.
MR. ASCH: We can continue. She's just making an objection for the record. All right. So here I am. Can we take like a five-minute break while I go through my notes?
MS. DELANOY: Please. I need to use the restroom. We can go off.
MR. ASCH: Right. We're just going to take five minutes, and I'm going to check out what I've got here, and if I've got any follow-up questions, I'll get them done. I'll be out of here in ten minutes.
(Recess.)

Date: June 20, 2011 12:59AM

Maybe I should have posted this first

BE IT REMEMBERED that on Thursday, May 14, 2009,

commencing at the hour of 9:05 a.m., at the offices of
Barron & Rich, Certified Shorthand Reporters, 775
University Avenue, Sacramento, California, before me,
SANDY J. KOSTER, a Certified Shorthand Reporter,
empowered to administer oaths and affirmations pursuant
to Section 2093(b) of the Code of Civil Procedure,
personally appeared

TONY CUNNINGHAM,

a defendant in the within-entitled matter, called as a
witness by the plaintiffs, who, having been duly sworn by
the Certified Shorthand Reporter to tell the truth, the
whole truth, and nothing but the truth, testified as follows:

--o0o--
EXAMINATION BY MR. ASCH

Q. Good morning, Mr. Cunningham.
A. Good morning.
Q. My name's David Asch. I represent Callie Plant and Daniel Plant in an action they've brought against you and Radiant Life Church. We introduced ourselves off the
record. And if you can state your name and spell your last name for the record, please.
A. Tony Cunningham, C-u-n-n-i-n-g-h-a-m.
Q. Can you state your address?
A. 8865 White Peacock Court, Elk Grove, California, 95624.
Q. Before we start I'm just going to go over some admonitions. Have you ever had your deposition taken before?
A. Once, yes.
Q. And when was that?
A. Approximately five years ago.
Q. Do you recall any of the admonitions that were given in that deposition?
A. I do not.
Q. Basically, I'm entitled to your best estimate. Don't guess. If you are unsure, let me know, and I can ferrit out whether or not you're estimating or a guess. I'm entitled to your best estimate, so just if I ask you how much was it and you go well, I don't know exactly, that's okay; I can get your best estimate.
The court reporter is taking down everything that you're saying, and all of the questions are going to be typed up into a booklet form. At the end of the deposition you're going to receive notice that the deposition is ready to review. You'll have an
opportunity to review it. If you make any changes that go to a substantive issue, it will affect your credibility if this case were to go to trial.
Even though we're in an informal setting, it has the same force and effect as if you were testifying in a courtroom. There is huh-uh, mm-hmm. You have to answer audibly. Yes, no, good answers. Mm-hmm, hm-mm, the court reporter can't translate that. So I would ask you to answer audibly and wait for me to finish asking my question before you answer. Do you understand that?
A. Yes.
Q. Do you have any reason why you can't give your best testimony here today?
A. No.
Q. Okay. What is your title?
A. I'm sorry.
Q. Your title.
A. Professionally?
Q. (Nods head up and down.)
A. Pastor.
Q. And what exactly is a pastor?
A. One who teaches in a Christian church the scripture and encourages those that they teach to practice the teaching in the scripture.
Q. And do you need any kind of certificate or degree?
A. No.
Q. Is there any curriculum required to be a pastor?
A. No.
Q. Is there a -- an affiliation that you have as a pastor?
A. Yes.
Q. And what is that?
A. One affiliation is with the Church of God, and another is with Radiant Life Church.
Q. And where is the Church of God out of? Where is the Church of God? What is it?
A. It is a nondenominational association of churches with its headquarters in Anderson, Indiana.
Q. And are you a pastor for the Church of God? Is that a fair statement?
A. No.
Q. When you're affiliated with them, what does that mean?
A. That means that I was initially credentialed by them and served in a Church of God congregation.
Q. So you get a credential from a church. Did I get that right?
A. In this instance I got a credential from a nondenominational association of churches.
Q. Which is the Church of God?
A. That is correct.
Q. So they gave you the certificate, true?
A. That is correct.
Q. And when did you get that?
A. Approximately?
Q. Yeah.
A. 1988.
Q. And you mentioned another Radiant Life Church. What is that?
A. It is a local congregation.
Q. Do they issue certificates?
A. Yes.
!!!_____________________________________!!!
!!!HOLD ON FOLKS!!!
DID TONY CUNNINGHAM JUST LIE AGAIN?
UNDER OATH!?!?!
Here is a letter from the Church of God Anderson, Indiana
Ken Hatch Chief Legal Officer
Dear Mr. BRaveheart:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Radiant Life Church. I have done some searching in our records for some of the issues that you have raised. I found a Radiant Life Church that was located in Elk Grove, California where Rev Tony Cunningham was the pastor. Our records indicate that the Elk Grove Radiant Life Church closed in 2007, and Tony Cunningham was no longer the pastor there as of 2004. There is a Radiant Life Church in West Sacramento, California but Rev. Tony Cunningham is not listed as the pastor.

These are serious matters that you are raising. Credentialing matters in the Church of God are governed by the area, state, or regional assemblies' credentialing committee where the person is a pastor and NOT by the national church here in Anderson. Approval of churches also is the responsibility of the area, state, or regional assembly and not the national church in Anderson. The credentialing committe chair of Northern California is Rev. Steve Robertson who is one of the pastors of the North Modesto congregation. The area administrator for Northern California is Dr. Cynthia James in Pleasanton, California. I will make them aware of your serious concerns.

Sincerely,

Ken Hatch
Chief Legal Officer
Church of God Ministries
P.O. Box 2420
Anderson, IN 46018

Tony can not keep his own time line of lies together!
!!!_____________________________________!!!

Q. And so Radiant Life Church. Where are they headquartered out of?
A. Sacramento, California. It is one church.
Q. It's one church?
(Witness nods head up and down.)
Q. Is the Church of God and Radiant Life Church the same thing?
A. No.
Q. What's different about them?
A. One is a local congregation, and the Church of God is a nondenominational association of churches.
Q. Was Radiant Life Church part of the Church of God?
A. Technically speaking, every Christian church is a part of the Church of God. TWISTING DEFINITIONS
Q. Okay. Okay. What's your educational background?
A. Where did I go to high school? Where did I go to university?
Q. Sure.
A. What?
Q. All of those.
A. Went to Valencia High School in Plancentia, California.
Q. And you graduated in?
A. 1981.
Q. And then you went to?
A. Seattle Pacific University in Seattle, Washington.
Q. What kind of school is that?
A. It is a Christian liberal arts school.
Q. How many students attend that?
A. Approximately? 3,000.
Q. And what years did you go there?
A. '82 through '85.
Q. Did you receive any degrees from Seattle Pacific University?
A. No.
Q. Do you have any degree?
A. A nonaccredited bachelor of arts in religion.
Q. Where did you get that from?
A. Pacific Southern University.
Q. Where is that located?
A. In Los Angeles.
Q. And what kind of school is that?
A. A liberal arts school.
Q. How many students attend that?
A. I do not know.
Q. When you were there was it a large school?
A. No. Very small.
Q. When you say nonaccredited, what does that mean?
A. I don't believe they had an accreditation.
Q. And how does that affect your BA in liberal arts?
A. Does not affect it.
Q. If you were to describe the curriculum that you had while you were a student, what kind of curriculum would that be?
A. In Biblical studies and religion.
Q. Anything else?
A. No.
Q. Do you have any other certificates, credentials, anything?
A. Just the two that I mentioned.
Q. So you got the certificate from the Church of God as a pastor that you got in 1988, and you have a BA from a nonaccredited --
A. No. The certificate from Radiant Life Church. Those were the two that I mentioned.
Q. The certificate came from Radiant Life Church, not Church of God?
A. No. What I stated was that I received one from the Church of God.
Q. Yes.
A. And later received another one from Radiant Life Church.
Q. Got it. So you have two certificates, one from Radiant Life Church, but you said that exists only in Sacramento, true?
A. That is correct.
Q. So how do you get a certificate from Radiant Life Church?
A. A local church is capable of credentialing a pastor.
Q. Is there a credential committee at Radiant Life Church?
A. No.
Q. So what was the procedure that was in place that you were able to receive your credential from Radiant Life Church?
A. I had been the existing pastor of the church for many years, and the Board of Elders made a motion and approved it to credential me, and then there was a service for ordination.
Q. And when did that happen?
A. Approximately three years ago or four years ago.
Q. So 2005?
A. Approximately.
Q. Is there any curriculum that you have to provide the Board of Elders in order for them to credential you?
A. No.
Q. The Board of Elders are the ones who determine whether or not you get credentialed?
A. Yes.
Q. Okay. And subsequent to you being a pastor have the others been given the same certificate?
A. I believe so.
Q. I got it. Yeah. Yeah. Can you give me the names of those?
A. I would be offering my best recollection.
Q. Yes.
A. Brandon Miller, Tom Borsik, I believe Tom Kimball. That's as best as I can recall.
Q. Thank you very much. Brandon Miller, when did he become a pastor through the certificate from the Board of Elders?
A. I believe approximately six years ago.
Q. In 2003?
A. I believe so.
Q. Sure. And then Tom Borsik?
A. I believe approximately the same time, 2002, 2003.
Q. And Tom Kimball?
A. I don't recall.
Q. Okay. Is there any curriculum that they are required to have in order to get a certificate to become a pastor at Radiant Life Church?
A. No.
Q. So an MBA from Stanford could become a pastor at Radiant Life Church?
A. Presumably that would be a possibility.
Q. An agronomist from Cal Poly could become a pastor?
MS. DELANOY: If you know.
MR. ASCH: If you know.
MS. DELANOY: I don't see the relevance to this.
Q. MR. ASCH: You know, an agronomist from Cal Poly. Here. I'll withdraw that question. Let me just go through your definition of a business. What is a business?
MS. DELANOY: Are you looking for his opinion as a layperson?
MR. ASCH: Yeah.
MS. DELANOY: Lacks foundation. If you can answer.
Q. MR. ASCH: I'm just laying a foundation so that if I ask you can you name the businesses that you have, I have a working definition that you've got. I don't know
what a business is in terms of what you know, so if you could help me with that, and I can ask you to list the businesses that you are associated with or have or own or whatever.
A. An entity that exists to sell a product or service.
Q. Is there more?
A. I think that -- okay with that.
Q. Can you give me a list of businesses that you've been associated with or have owned or otherwise been involved in the last ten years since 2001 -- or let's just start with 2000 -- 1999 to 2009. Is that possible?
A. The Hidden Door Company, Pasta, Dynamais, Lloyd's Linens.
Q. Is that Linen?
(Witness nods head up and down.)
Q. Is that it?
A. I believe that's it.
Q. Okay. Hidden Door Company, what is that? It sounds like a company that deals with doors. But can you give me some information about that?
A. It sold moveable bookcases, bookcases that were doors to afford a space to be either beautified or concealed.
Q. And what was your position with Hidden Door Company?
A. I was a part owner of it.
Q. And was that a corporation, sole proprietorship, limited liability corporation?
A. I don't recall.
Q. What was the other partners?
MS. DELANOY: Assumes there's another partner. But who was the other person involved with the business?
THE WITNESS: Matt Wanner. I'm assuming you mean while I was involved in it.
Q. MR. ASCH: Yes. Yes.
A. I believe that was it.
Q. And what year was this?
A. Quite some years ago. I don't recall.
Q. More than five years ago?
A. Yes, I believe so.
Q. Okay. And did you start the company?
A. Matt Wanner did.
Q. And then how did you become associated with it?
A. Matt invited me.
Q. And when you say invite, did you put some money into it?
A. Yes.
Q. And when you put the money into it, you became a partner?
A. Yes.
Q. And are you still in the company?
A. Oh, no.
Q. What happened to the company?
A. Subsequent to my no longer being a part of the company, it was sold.
Q. What year was that?
A. I don't know. I wasn't involved.
Q. And are you -- do you still know Matt Warner?
A. Yes.
Q. And how do you know him?
A. We attended the same church, and our children played together.
Q. Which brings me back to: You gave me an address on Peacock Court. Can you tell me who you live with there?
A. At 8865 White Peacock Court?
Q. Yes, sir.
A. The names of the occupants of the home?
Q. Yes.
A. Okay. Rose Cunningham, Joel Cunningham.
Q. That's your son?
A. Correct.
Q. How old is he?
A. He is 20 years old.
Q. Okay.
A. Anna Cunningham.
Q. How old is she?
A. Seventeen. Abigail Cunningham, 15; Rebecca, Cunningham, 13; Sarah Cunningham.
Q. You're pretty proud. I can see that big smile on your face.
A. Eleven.
MS. DELANOY: Pretty regular spacing there.
THE WITNESS: Mera Whorton.
MS. DELANOY: Can you spell that last name?
THE WITNESS: W-h-o-r-t-o-n.
Q. MR. ASCH: Mother-in-law?
A. No. Approximate age? Would that work for you?
Q. I was figuring she was Rose's mom.
A. No.
Q. She's not Rose's mom?
A. No, she's not.
Q. Who is she?
A. She's a widow that lives in my home. I do not know how old she is. I would just give you an approximate.
Q. No, no. That's good. Is she a renter? Does she pay rent?
A. No.
Q. Does she have any responsibilities in the home?
A. No.
Q. So what I heard you say is that Mera Whorton lives at your home, she doesn't pay rent and she has no responsibilities. Did I get that right?
A. I believe so.
Q. Do you have a financial arrangement with her?
A. Yes.
MS. DELANOY: I'm just going to object to the whole line of questioning as being not going to lead to admissible evidence. I don't know what this has to do with the case who lives in his home.
Q. MR. ASCH: But you can still answer it.
A. Why?
Q. It goes to your influence. So to me it's a relevant question about how a lady who pays no rent, has no responsibilities, is living under your roof. If she wanted to move out, could she move out?
A. Yes.
Q. And if she's a widow, does she have any means to do that?
A. Yes.
Q. Okay. How long has she lived there?
A. Approximately five years.
Q. Did she give you money to stay at your house?
A. No.
Q. Okay. Doesn't pay rent, she gave you no money, and she has no responsibilities. Does she have disability?
A. No.
Q. I'm kind of lost, because you're telling me she's just living there. And you're okay with that?
A. Pretty much.
Q. Is there a part that's not okay with it?
A. No.

Date: June 22, 2011 07:40AM

I think he forget to include someone that was living with him. Some one who was not his daughter or relative.. What do you all think. Did I miss something?

Date: June 22, 2011 09:46AM

What is the penalty for perjury?

Date: June 24, 2011 11:33PM

Their have been so many people who are still hurt from all of this. Why can't he just say sorry?????
I see people all the time who have not goten over this mess..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.