Current Page: 24 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Dr. Love ()
Date: February 22, 2008 02:10PM

so seems as this blog is pointless cause their is clearly no one hurting or else they would have spoken up, true? just people with bad attitudes that find it easy to point the finger at others.

every one who was just trying to stir stuff up bout RLC is gone now.

so you can rest assured tony.

you know i herd something funny:

a friend of mine went to a "ministry" practice. and during this time they had to pay $ to put their kid in a child care session so that this person can attend this practice in order that this person may participate in ministry on Sunday morning. i just thought that people that consistently minister on Sunday got paid instead of paying it out......hmm

also some food for thought:

when a pasture tithes is he really tithing or does that bling end back up in his pay check?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:24AM

Whew... you mean the dust is cleared? Dr. Love, I believe your question would be answered clearly in an annual business meeting. I think they breakdown how much someone gets paid from the church. But it raises another question: if I make 50K a year and tithe 5K, couldnt I just raise my pay to a higher amount, making the tithe have no sacrifice in my budget? In other words, couldnt I shelter and alter monies to make sure that I make the amount of money that I want? I have always wondered about that. That was definitely some good food for thought Mr. Dr. Love.

Hey, we should come up with alter-egos that correspond with one another to try to validate some crappy point or defense. I could create "streakproof" and he can talk with "speaktruth" and we can act like we are totally different people! Didnt Mowman_100 get booted for that crap? That sounds like someones email address...hmm...

Hans Molman100: Yeah so I think Communism is great!

Humbled Mini-Me: Yeah I agree completely, and since I am a completely different person than you, Molman, I will "second" that opinion. Man its awesome we are on the same page.

Hans Molman100: Yes, I agree. We should build a communistic empire and see what happens.
Humbled Mini-Me: Totally!

rrmoderator
To whom it may concern:

Curiousobserver, humblefollower and mowman have been banned for violation of the rules.

FYI -- Posting under more than one name will result in being banned immediately.

Yeah, so the moral of the story: If you are going to pretend that you are three different people in one, you must either be the Trinity, have Multiple Personality Disorder, or be smart enough to not use your public email address as a nick-name.

Hmmm... very curious, heh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2008 12:48AM by SpeakTruth.

Date: February 23, 2008 04:22AM

So, dark around something are you some sort of black light....or some crazy new technology that gives off light but appears dark...or do you come fully equipped with a dimmer switch...?

Our outside is a reflection of who we are deep within', so if the light of Christ is in me how is it that i would appear dark?

Do you mean that you are on of those "Emo" -tional dudes, i would suggest staying away from the bushel.

Aaron Love: yes that is a good point Dr. Love

Dr. Love: just trying to help, well anyways have a good one A-ron

Date: February 29, 2008 08:38AM

Love Doctor, you have brought laughter to me. I immediately imagined hearing the first sentence in a Strongbad voice. If only there were a special font to signify the Trogdorisms. You bring up a good point though. It seems as though this "EMO" is in...

Politics are also in. Apparently thats why all these people cant deal with Radiant Life Church, Inc. (R). Wait, maybe (D). I dunno, I have not yet heard which party they will represent.

*Joking all in fun*

Jiggidy J

Posted by: Somite ()
Date: March 15, 2008 01:49PM

I haven't posted for over a year, but I look at this thing from time to time to see if anybody's worked it out yet.

Joe, Aaron, (and Dan and Rick and J. and ...all you others. )

You both have been around too long to really believe the last line of either of your last postings.
The truth of the matter is that a church, any church, is full of HUMANS. Humans are fallible and will make mistakes. Have either of your wives ever hurt you? I'd bet my year's income on it. WHY, pray tell, if being hurt by another person is such an unforgivable crime, are either of you still married? Answer? It's NOT unforgivable except in the material world and the modern media.

All the hand-wringing, flailing about, and wailing is not the scriptural response to whatever evils you may have suffered. Everybody posting here claims to still believe in and love God, despite their separations from a church or organized practice of Christianity.

Each person makes their own choice as to how they will react or respond to the actions of others. Anyone more than superficially aqquainted with the faith knows that their response to God, independent of their response to, or treatment by, man is what's important in the eyes of God.

I've been hurt in this church. I've been hurt in my place of employment. I've been hurt in the place where I should feel safest - my own parents home. I've been hurt in my own home. Shoot, I even got my feelings hurt at the circus one time. What does any of it mean?

It means, if I'm looking for a reason to get butt-hurt, I'm dang well going to find it. If you're the person I'm around when I get that feeling, there's not much you can do about it. You may try to passify me, butter me up, kiss my butt - if you're the kind of person that must have my approval - but I'm going to be mad.
I'll either get my satisfaction from your attempts to mollify me, or from the persecution complex I sink into when you shine me on for being immature. Either way, in my own mind and world, I've been justified.

Soooo, having been through nearly 16 1/2 years with this church; the highs and the lows (both mine and theirs) the fat and the lean (figuratively folks, FIGURATIVELY!) I've realized why I'm here - God's leading, NOT my personal preference! When disagreements arise, "...this, too will be made clear to you."

Do you want to serve the LORD? DO SO! Do you want to kvetch, whine and debate? Go into politics. Or better yet, talk radio!

My offer stands: look me up, mention this post, and I'll buy you a cup of coffee. You know who I am and how to get hold of me if you really want to.

Ted

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 15, 2008 08:44PM

Somite:

After waiting so long to comment is the best you have to offer?

Attempting to blame victims.

Personal attacks like this are prohibited by the rules.

Please read the rules again.

Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Date: March 16, 2008 05:45AM

Somite:

You should see my face when I am replying to messages here. I am not frowning, Im usually laughing quite hard. I think the last time I got on here and read an update I actually ended up rolling over on the ground laughing! It's not that I think that "hardship" people are going through is funny, but getting on here and watching two polar opposite "sides" defend each ones cause can, at times, be ridiculous. I'll admit that I have made light of this whole thing, but I have also tried to bring light to it as well. I know I am quite facetious most of the time.

There is a gray area...

Some have been damaged by the church, lied to, indoctrinated, and then rejected. Still others have been well cared for, plugged in, and are serving in some way. The question I have for you, Ted, is have you even read all that Aaron and I have posted? If you put it together, you might see the picture painted.

You know, I just want to see RLC get back on track where it was 4+ years ago, before the "weird" stuff started kicking in. It's no wonder nobody the people there are running away. Ted, I was in deep enough to know whats goin on. You have too. Opinions are just opinions, but the TRUTH is that there is changes that need to be made. And I still love those folks as well!

Here's another question for you: How well do you think the church is actually doing right now?

P.S. Is irony funny to you?

P.S.S. Do remember a few pages back when Aaron and I were both accused of being sent to this board as spies for Tony to defend the church? Again, is irony funny to you?

Date: March 16, 2008 06:08AM

My apology: I misread. It was NOT to your previous two postings that I refferred in my posting, but the lines about the pastor's tithes, Mr Love, and the bowling alley, Mr Truth.
Looking forward to that coffee. See you tomorrow.

Date: March 17, 2008 10:44AM

Hey Ted,

Just so you know were I'm coming from, I hope to be as far away from you as possible when you get that feeing you know the one you said you would find if you were looking for it... i think "faces" might have what your looking for.....lol

No...seriously who is looking to get butt hurt? are you implying that Joseph and i are indeed butt hurt? Please clarify and and try not to come off as a M4M ad again...lol j/k

have i enjoyed our conversation, but still not sure why you posted?

Date: March 20, 2008 08:31PM

"Moderator" now means evaluator of the quality of a posting?

the best you have to offer?
"blame"? "personal attack"? People have been accused of many things in the pages of this thread, most based on rumor and inuendo. These have been allowed to stand w/o comment.
Before you scold me about the topic of the thread, let me say that this IS the topic of the thread: Blame and personal attack against people not present (and against people who are not even contributors to the thread).
If it is a personal attack that keeps the pot stirred and the thread going, you seem willing to allow it. Is that why you allowed my posting? I don't see it as a personal attack, but you point it out as one, state that it is against the rules, then allow it to stand anyway! If it is in violation of the rules, should it not be stricken from the thread?

Aaron, the reason I posted was to try to engage in serious conversation, but I don't know what an "M4M" ad is. Is it anything like Full Contact Reauchambeau?

Joe, if you really believe change needs to take place, is this the place where it is going to happen?

I really would like to talk. Look me up. I'm in the book.

Current Page: 24 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.