Current Page: 12 of 273
Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Abused ()
Date: May 22, 2007 04:54AM

Remain honest in all that is posted!
Report the false teachings by giving personal testimonies. Report the false teachers, prophets & apostles. Refrain from attacking the person but report the spiritual Abuse!

I have no first hand knowledge of sexual impropriety with any of the girls who have lived with any of the pastors. So it would be inappropriate for me to say that I heard this or that (that would be gossiping). If you have first hand evidence then you should report the impropriety. However keep in mind and be respectful that there are many victims to this spiritual abuse. Some victims are not ready to move on and others want nothing to do with God the church etc. because of the pain it stirs up each time the subject is brought up.

Spiritual Abuse is just as serious as sexual abuse, mental abuse and physical abuse! It is all abusive wicked and wrong!

When someone has been hurt is because another person has sinned against that person. The ones who have been hurt have often been the first to offer forgiveness to the one who have sinned against them. Yet because they bring this news to the one who has abused them (leadership) they are immediately demonized and hurt even more with a superior religious arrogant attitude with no hope or desire to reconcile.

Remember we are saved by a loving God who wants to embrace each one of us as his beloved children he has not condemned us and we should not slander the ones who have hurt us.
The antidote that the Lord gives us when we are hurt is forgiveness and when we sin against another person we are consumed with guilt antidote that the Lord gives us when we have guilt is repentance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TMAC ()
Date: May 22, 2007 07:23AM

Abused
Remain honest in all that is posted!
Report the false teachings by giving personal testimonies. Report the false teachers, prophets & apostles. Refrain from attacking the person but report the spiritual Abuse!

I have no first hand knowledge of sexual impropriety with any of the girls who have lived with any of the pastors. So it would be inappropriate for me to say that I heard this or that (that would be gossiping). If you have first hand evidence then you should report the impropriety. However keep in mind and be respectful that there are many victims to this spiritual abuse. Some victims are not ready to move on and others want nothing to do with God the church etc. because of the pain it stirs up each time the subject is brought up.

Spiritual Abuse is just as serious as sexual abuse, mental abuse and physical abuse! It is all abusive wicked and wrong!

When someone has been hurt is because another person has sinned against that person. The ones who have been hurt have often been the first to offer forgiveness to the one who have sinned against them. Yet because they bring this news to the one who has abused them (leadership) they are immediately demonized and hurt even more with a superior religious arrogant attitude with no hope or desire to reconcile.

Remember we are saved by a loving God who wants to embrace each one of us as his beloved children he has not condemned us and we should not slander the ones who have hurt us.
The antidote that the Lord gives us when we are hurt is forgiveness and when we sin against another person we are consumed with guilt antidote that the Lord gives us when we have guilt is repentance.

I totally agree.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: May 22, 2007 09:28AM

It is quite crazy how all this could continue to happen......I feel sorry for the Katy families...Mainly those who have been in Katy before RLC was ever planted...I totally agree with you TMAC....It's much brainwashing going on! The spreading of this man made teaching is just like ganrene....It is rotting people away! I am 100% for God's plans...Not Tony's. You know what get's to me? Is how one man can have so much influence over a persons life or let alone many people.....They have made Tony into their God.....It's too bad that one of the Katy couples did that to you all!

Date: May 22, 2007 02:17PM

[u:1e4b5c22c3]Stand up on the roof top and cry out to the LORD! [/u:1e4b5c22c3]
[b:1e4b5c22c3]Pray[/b:1e4b5c22c3] that the Lord would rescue our dear brothers and sisters.
[b:1e4b5c22c3]Pray[/b:1e4b5c22c3] that the Lord would cause repentance to run thorough the church like wild fire.
[b:1e4b5c22c3]Pray[/b:1e4b5c22c3] that the Holy Spirit would open the eyes of all who have been blinded.
[b:1e4b5c22c3]Pray[/b:1e4b5c22c3] for the false teachers that they would repent and stop what they are teaching.
[b:1e4b5c22c3]Pray[/b:1e4b5c22c3] that the Lord would send in the hornets to confuse and foil the plans of these false prophets and that the Lord would humble the false Apostles.
[b:1e4b5c22c3]Pray[/b:1e4b5c22c3] for restoration that the promises of Revelations 2 & 3 would be re-established.
[b:1e4b5c22c3]Pray [/b:1e4b5c22c3]that the Lord for reconciliation would occur in the hearts of those who’s marriages are separated estranged.
[b:1e4b5c22c3]Pray[/b:1e4b5c22c3] that the [u:1e4b5c22c3]wives would come back to their husbands by being submitted to their husbands, not the pastor, elder or spiritual parents. [/u:1e4b5c22c3]
[b:1e4b5c22c3]Pray[/b:1e4b5c22c3] that the strongholds would be broken.[u:1e4b5c22c3][/u:1e4b5c22c3]

Date: May 22, 2007 03:40PM

:!: [i:b8f15a915a]Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit.[/i:b8f15a915a] (Matthew 7:15-17)

Personality traits are not fruits. On the outside, false prophets look like sheep. They are often very nice people who are kind, endearing, disarming, affable, winsome, and possess many other wonderful qualities. The false idea that these qualities are what Jesus means by "fruits" causes many people to be misled by false prophets. Having a charming exterior is often the "sheep's clothing."

The number of church members is not fruit. Many assume that popularity is a sign of good fruit. But the context shows something entirely different: "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it" (Matthew 7:13, 14). The false religious leaders of Israel had more followers than Jesus did. This can hardly be what Jesus meant by "fruit."

[i:b8f15a915a]“I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance. I know you don’t tolerate evil people. You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars. 3 You have patiently suffered for me without quitting. [/i:b8f15a915a]Revelations 2:2-3
Jesus complements the church in Ephesus for not giving up or giving into the false teachers. He said [i:b8f15a915a][u:b8f15a915a]“You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not.” [/u:b8f15a915a][/i:b8f15a915a] We need to test all things including the teachings made in a church.

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: May 23, 2007 01:00AM

So from where I stand, there are many disgruntled people who feel abused, misled, and so on. I want to say that (with the exception of a few clearly slanderous comments) I agree with the sentiment of you guys/gals. Here's the deal: I have been in and out of radiant life for the past 4-5 years. I have experienced alot there. By the way, both good and bad! I have been to SOMA (not for the full three years, however). I have seen and heard many appalling things. I was discipled by a guy that ended up turning out to be nothing more than a "mini-me" of the person that discipled him. His wife was the same way and did the same thing to my wife. They acted like they really cared for us and that they loved us like Christ and so on... but then I stumbled upon their sins issues and then they treated me differently ever since. But he has since lost his authority and no longer leads any ministry. I also know of a guy at the church that led people that ended up going off the deep end recently. And I know of another that lost his position on the worship team because of personal issues (marriage, etc.). I have thoroughly questioned the whole "spiritual parenting" thing and have found much corruption within it. I have taken note of unwholesome living situations, unwholesome relationships, and odd teaching down the line.

However, here is what I have resolved within myself about radiant life (I am sorry if this sounds preachy, but I have to say this as a precursor to my point): Every man and woman must make their own choices to live out what they believe. Jesus said the pharisees were dirty on the inside and clean on the outside. But true transformation is being cleaned from the inside out (take it or leave it, its what I believe). The problem at Radiant Life is that many people, because they want to "fit in" with leadership and have approval, put on a front without ever having an inward change. The result of this is that something that is pure and wholesome becomes utterly filthy and adulterated (but subtlety). My point is, although what Tony has been teaching may actually start out as something that is good, someone else then takes it, tweaks it, and then regurgitates onto someone else. It is just like the telephone game.

I will have nothing to do this crap, personally. All I know is that I can affect change from within, by living rightly and speaking the TRUTH, not half-truths. And as long as I love others as Christ has loved the church, I know it will all work out.

But at the same time, I do urge this warning: do not go to RLC and just take anyone's word for anything. It is likely to have an agenda attached.
Test those that you listen to and make doggon sure that they are legitimate.

What are your thoughts?

Posted by: humble yourself ()
Date: May 23, 2007 12:40PM

This goes out to mowman yes I can for sure say that these pastors do have affairs and do sleep with these young girls beause these young girls that live with so called pastors should not be going out aloe with pastors in the car and taking walks alone in the dark, I have seen it with my own eyes. Ms. Ott who lives with Tony Cunningham thinks she is all that but she does not see that basically she is cheap and she has slept or messed around with tony cunningham and all the other guys at church. RLC Leaders stop trying to protect tony from his wrongs because oneday you will stand before God, and elders and pastors better be careful. Get it over with Tony is not god.

Posted by: TMAC ()
Date: May 23, 2007 11:05PM

That is very disturbing that these young adult women are being taking advantage of. I am still wondering how does Tony and the others teach these young females about being "spiritual wives"? If having a single female living under the roof of a married man who is not related to her isn't enough to make people turn their heads, then people are very dillusional. Rather anything sexual is going on or not that is an unhealthy living arrangement. Why place yourself in a position where you will be tempted to commit adultery?

Why is it that all these false teachers like your Tony Cunnighams always have young females living with them? David Koresh use to make the women under him go "fishing for Jesus" as he called it. The women in his cult were sent out to evangelize and attract people preferably men into the cult. He too was teaching these women about becoming "Godly wives".

So, Tony has to teach women how to become spiritual wives? Tell me how can a man teach me how to become a better wife? Isn't that something his wife should be doing or does being a spiritual wife mean that your husband is allowed to shack up with single women? This is just a modern day concubine or spiritual slavery. If my husband told me that he was bringing a girl in our home to teach her how to become a spiritual wife, then I will think he was either insane or abusing drugs. I just do not see how intelligent group of people would think that this practice is normal.

What is next.......children? If this pratice does not stop then RLC is headed down a slippery slope. You see why I think that Tony is a scary man. Once Tony is allowed to get away with this, he will begin sneaking other immoral pratices into his teachings.

Tony is introducing some very disturbing teachings. It is a shame that young women who want to serve the Lord are brainwashed into following men. What is it with these men at RLC? They are nothing more than predators that prey on gullible women in the name of God. People abusing the name of God to control others is very scary.

Posted by: Aaron Love ()
Date: May 23, 2007 11:29PM

You are so good at posting other peoples names but can’t expose who you are? Your statement is the exact opposite of humility. You hold out your opinion of stupid evidence and bring it to the place of fact. It sounds like you think of yourself or you unprofessional opinion more than you should? If you are asking other people to humble themselves suggested in your "secretive handle" why don’t you lead in humility? My name is Aaron Paul Love!

So, I am married my wife and I live with another married couple. I assure you I am home alone with my roommate at times (she is an "attractive" girl in my opinion, my friend Jared has good taste) so based on that you now know more about me and my "unnatural"/"unhealthy" relationships then you do about these other situations. Please, use your imaginations and build you case against ME!!!!!

Oh...by the way im a murderer, adulterer, thief, and pervert

IF you haven’t read what SpeakTruth "Joe" wrote you should, then when you are done reading it know this crap has got to stop.

Oh and just because you live on the same street with pastor Tony doesn’t make you a neighbor. If you look and see a problem whether it is legitimate or not look to help just as the "Good" Samaritan did! Jesus went on to call him a neighbor. And if we are truly bleeding on the side of the road of the GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING instead of pointing the finger.

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: May 24, 2007 12:38AM

Honestly, I am looking at this whole thing from a much more unbiased point of view, and I am noticing that the statements made may be getting out of control. Like I said before, I have personally been hurt by people at the church. But for someone to flat out say that Tony Cunningham is having sex with single women in the church is absurd. I mean, are you just venting? Or have you actually seen them have sex? Words are very powerful and must be considered before they are thrown out. And the issue about "spiritual wives"? I don't even know where that came from. All I personally know is that Tony has been a generous and loving man, and actually has fruit to show for it (which is all we are allowed to judge). If the purpose of this forum is to bring issues to light, we ought to do that. And the truth is, RLC has had a destructive effect on many people. But I would hardly blame the senior pastor for ALL of the damage that has been done. It is mostly people within the congregation, even in some forms of leadership, that have been exposed as frauds. In any case, I personally believe there has been much more good done for the community than harm.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
Gilligan (from Gilligan's Island..LOL)

Current Page: 12 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.