Current Page: 11 of 273
Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Abused ()
Date: May 21, 2007 11:31AM

Dear Claypot
I have hung in hoping and praying that things would turn around, that the leadership would stop the [u:8b527e9c1e]spiritual abuse [/u:8b527e9c1e]and [u:8b527e9c1e]reconcile the lives that have been hurt. [/u:8b527e9c1e]

When someone has been hurt is because another person has sinned against that person. You said you are “grieved at the potential of division;” [u:8b527e9c1e][b:8b527e9c1e]‘YES’ [/b:8b527e9c1e]we all echo the same sentiments! [/u:8b527e9c1e]The only difference we are the victims who have walked the extra mile, given our shirts coats and shoes, turned the other cheek and frankly we have run out of cheeks to turn. Leadership has sucked up our hospitality and generosity and drained us of our resources. No one in this thread lies in bed plotting at night at how to cause division or make up stories that are untrue. As I have read the many testimonies and reflect upon my own experiences people have had at Radiant Life Church, both good and bad. It all boils down to this common denominator; people are being spiritually abused and hurt at Radiant Life Church.

The ones who have been hurt have often been the first to offer forgiveness to the one who have sinned against them. Yet because they bring it to the ones in leadership they are immediately demonized and hurt even more with a superior religious arrogant attitude with no hope or desire to reconcile. The attitude of leadership is damage control demonize the wounded distance yourself from the injured and move on to the next convert maybe they will becom worthy to be part of the inter-circle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Abused ()
Date: May 21, 2007 11:45AM

ClayPot
You posted this

“I ask one and all to truly ask this question: Is participation in this thread pleasing to The Father?”
[b:4fecdbd0c8]Yes it is![/b:4fecdbd0c8] Or would you rather have everyone keep in silence so that the church can continue to spiritually abuse the people?
or is this the reason that leadership has discouraged followers from listing to KFIA and the FISH radio stations (Christian) specifically the “Bible Answer man" show?

Absolutely! Yes!
Have you not ever read that we are commanded to test all things?
1 John 4:1 [u:4fecdbd0c8][i:4fecdbd0c8]
“Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.” [/i:4fecdbd0c8][/u:4fecdbd0c8]
In Revelations Jesus commends the Ephesus church [u:4fecdbd0c8][i:4fecdbd0c8]“You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars. You have patiently suffered for me without quitting.”[/i:4fecdbd0c8][/u:4fecdbd0c8]

[u:4fecdbd0c8]So yes I am being obedient to the word of God and I am testing the things that are being taught at Radiant Life Church.[/u:4fecdbd0c8]
I have asked for an appointment to meet with Pastor Tony two different times and I have been denied both times. If Pastor Tony is not willing to sit down and discuss the false teachings and discuss a process of reconciliation. I will not sit back and watch other people and friends get on board this buss that has no breaks and has faulty steering. I will scream at the top of my voice GET OFF THE BUSS.

Posted by: mowman_100 ()
Date: May 21, 2007 01:27PM

humble yourself
The leaders of Radiant Life Church just needs to repent and turn away from sin, like having sexual realtionships with young girls, and the most shameful part of that is these so called leaders call these young girls as their daughters, but having and entertaining immoral thoughts in their minds and in their hearts. What goes around comes around, and tony cunningham is in big trouble because he has FOUR DAUGHTERS, and oneday some old man like Tony Cunningham will take his girls and sleep with them, than what is tony going to do about that.

Has any of the leaders at RLC slept with these young girls?

Posted by: Curiousobserver ()
Date: May 21, 2007 01:53PM

I believe this is what humblefollower was refering to
I found it in the LA Times

People who feel wronged can really take it to heart
A study finds that those who think they've been treated unfairly are more likely to have coronary problems.
By Karen Kaplan, Times Staff Writer
May 15, 2007

If you think life is unfair, here is some disheartening news.

A new study found that people who thought they were treated unfairly were more likely to suffer a heart attack or chest pain. Those who thought they had experienced the worst injustice were 55% more likely to experience a coronary event than people who thought life was fair, according to the report published today in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health.

"Frequent experiences of unfair treatment can produce psychological distress that, in the long term, may influence health," said lead author Roberto De Vogli, an epidemiologist at University College London.

The study, one of the largest and longest of its kind, examined medical data from 6,081 British civil servants. In the early 1990s, they were asked how strongly they agreed with this statement: "I often have the feeling that I am being treated unfairly."

Unlike previous studies, the subjects were questioned before they showed any signs of cardiovascular disease. That way, the results weren't skewed by people who thought life was unfair because they were already sick.

The subjects were tracked for an average of 10.9 years. In that time, 387 either died of a heart attack, were treated for a nonfatal attack or diagnosed with angina

Posted by: Curiousobserver ()
Date: May 21, 2007 05:02PM

rrmod....

you said "Quite the contrary, as numerous cited studies by experts have repeatedly demonstrated, discussing and sorting through such situations is helpful and leads to a more rapid recovery. " in response to humblefollower

In reading the most of these posts is that what you'd call this?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 21, 2007 07:38PM

Curiousobserver:

Generally yes.

The board is a place where people sort through recovery issues and also exchange information.

FYI--The study you cite is quite general and not specific to the issue of people that feel they were exploited/abused by a group or leader.

Material linked through my previous post is quite specific.

Frankly, inferring that people here are going to suffer heart problems if they don't shut up about RLC is ridiculous and little more than a petty threat.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 21, 2007 07:51PM

To whom it may concern:

Curiousobserver, humblefollower and mowman have been banned for violation of the rules.

FYI -- Posting under more than one name will result in being banned immediately.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: May 22, 2007 02:35AM

I appreciate your bias position in this forum. There has been some harshness in the way humblefollower wa replying back and it is just crazy. I knwo that these postings on some of our part has been helpful in expressing how much we have gone through and seen others gone through. To all who are posting please continue to post....That which has happened and that which is currently happening at RLC is now coming out into the open....People need to hear the truth about the misteachings and the Leadership at RLC needs to repent no doubt!

Posted by: TMAC ()
Date: May 22, 2007 03:49AM

Currently it appears that Pastor Tony does not care about the turmoil that he has created. He already knows that people are becoming suspicious about RLC in Sacramento. He already knows that people are leaving the church, but he doesn't care. That is probably why he convinced Pastor Tom Borsic and his wife Michelle to plant a church in Katy, Tx. That way people in the Houston area will have no clue about Tony's ideology. He is probably thinking, "I don't care about the families that I have destroyed because I have a new flock of followers in Texas." I think that is very scary and deceitful. There are many families leaving California to assist Pastor Tom Borsic with the RLC in Texas. As a matter of fact the couple that tried to pressure me into joining RLC is now living in Katy, TX. These families along with Pastor Tom have allowed Pastor Tony to control their lives.

I think that there are some great families at RLC, but they are under a destructive leadership. It is really unfortunate that Tony is spreading his concept of Christianity to other parts of the USA and he has willing participants who enable him to promote his philosophy. I just hope that the people in Katy, TX do not fall prey to Tony's teachings.

To the people of Katy, TX:

Do not be deceived by the acts of kindness or the "wanting to become your best friend" behavior like I was. The couple that I met became my best friends immediately, but they were grooming me. I had no clue that I was being groom. Before I knew it most of my social life was occupied by RLC. It took me 5 months to realize that I was being deceived. Now that I look back I realized that I was caught off guard by their deceitful acts of kindness. I accepted some of the things that I knew in my heart were unbiblical and strange. Do not ignore the red flags or doubts that you have about RLC. Do not attend any of their 2:42 meetings, or potlucks, or other invites because they are all brainwashing gatherings. They will question you about your faith, your family, etc. to gather information as to how they will brainwash you. They will utilize that information to tear you down spiritual. Afterwards they will build you back up with the "you were nothing before RLC" ideaology. Before you know it you are a follower of Tony. You will be convinced that you are a disciple of God which translates into "you are a disciple of RLC and Tony."

I just hope that Pastor Tony and Pastor Tom do not destroy the families or should I say, "new followers" in Katy, Tx. This madness will continue because I do not think that the members of the church have the power to get rid of Tony.

Posted by: TMAC ()
Date: May 22, 2007 04:19AM

I will like to know how to assist a friend to leave RLC? Do any of you have friends or family who are still attending RLC? I think her husband and I are making some progress, but RLC is laying a heavy guilt trip on her.

Current Page: 11 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.