Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Turning Point Church Lebanon Oregon-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: August 24, 2012 12:37AM

gunslinger34
oka I think its time I shed some light on this subject of turning point church, from my point of view. I am sure though, I will not be popular with some people over this but oh well, then again some may not even read this.

Turning point church draws alot of people who come from broken , abusive, boozing, drug , and addiction filled lives. The bontragers and the church leaders "mentor them". I must admit they do a good job of teaching these people to get rid of this garbage. I give them credit becasue not to many people care to help others these days.

However there is a flip side to this. They dont not teach people what responsibility, integrity, good character, and what honor, is to others, and to your church, and to god. They teach that if you dont have those qualities, its oka, it just means your "not perfect" and that oka to. I heard one of there "loving" pastors say , that if I de mean someone else, its oka, becasue god knows I am not perfect, so thats all that matters. I dont care that I crushed you, and ripped you a knew one.

the bontragers dont want you to give god the glory, they want you to give them the glory, jump when they tell you, and come when they tell you.

if you ask questions, dont agree with the people or leaders of that church, dont keep quiet, dont go along with there ideas, or your not in the "bontrager" or "church circle" then your done, your kind of treated as a outcast. They will not go against "there own"

these people are taught that accountability is wrong. They claim that is forcing your will on other people. Hello!!!! umm how many passages in the bible, say that jesus was all for accountability??.

oh another warning, if your a take the bull by the horns type of person, and bring it on, that is a major sin to them!!. They dont have the guts to handle someone like that, again read the bible , and the passages where it says, that jesus did take the bull by the horns!!, with actions, wisdom and words!.

I feel so much sadness, becasue I know of so many people, that came there, thinking they were loved, accepted, then totally ignored. SHAME ON YOU TURNING POINT CHURCH AND YOU BONTRAGERS!. my hope is you all see this behavior and stop it, before god takes his presence away.

Sorry to hear that Turning Point Church Lebanon is using cultic tactics to control people! Will be praying! Sounds like the same stuff that was going on at Turning Point Church World Outreach Center in Marysville! I hope nobody experiences spiritual abuse like so many have in Marysville.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turning Point Church Lebanon Oregon-Tell Your Story
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 24, 2012 07:58AM

I'm going to keep this post in its context inserting my observation in blue letters
buddy
gunslinger34
oka I think its time I shed some light on this subject of turning point church, from my point of view. I am sure though, I will not be popular with some people over this but oh well, then again some may not even read this.

Turning point church draws alot of people who come from broken , abusive, boozing, drug , and addiction filled lives. The bontragers and the church leaders "mentor them". I must admit they do a good job of teaching these people to get rid of this garbage. I give them credit becasue not to many people care to help others these days. Mentoring people into what? ..good behavior or behavior modification is nothing short of Moralism, something every false religion does, they teach to please their god you have to do, do, do a works based-performance driven system of behavior. this is a far cry from preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ! and letting the spirit of God regenerate ones heart.

However there is a flip side to this. They dont not teach people what responsibility, integrity, good character, and what honor, is to others, and to your church, and to god. They teach that if you dont have those qualities, its oka, it just means your "not perfect" and that oka to. I heard one of there "loving" pastors say , that if I de mean someone else, its oka, becasue god knows I am not perfect, so thats all that matters. I dont care that I crushed you, and ripped you a knew one. this sounds like grace abuse I keep on sinning so that grace may abound?

the bontragers dont want you to give god the glory, they want you to give them the glory, jump when they tell you, and come when they tell you. This is all too common a practice these days where well intentioned people step into a situation and to try and do the work of the Holy Spirit.

if you ask questions, dont agree with the people or leaders of that church, dont keep quiet, dont go along with there ideas, or your not in the "bontrager" or "church circle" then your done, your kind of treated as a outcast. They will not go against "there own"

these people are taught that accountability is wrong. What about Church Discipline? They claim that is forcing your will on other people. Hello!!!! umm how many passages in the bible, say that jesus was all for accountability??. Good Point

oh another warning, if your a take the bull by the horns type of person, and bring it on, that is a major sin to them!!. They dont have the guts to handle someone like that, again read the bible , and the passages where it says, that jesus did take the bull by the horns!!, with actions, wisdom and words!.

I feel so much sadness, becasue I know of so many people, that came there, thinking they were loved, accepted, then totally ignored. SHAME ON YOU TURNING POINT CHURCH AND YOU BONTRAGERS!. my hope is you all see this behavior and stop it, before god takes his presence away.
Umm I do not believe the Lords presence has ever been there, anyone can draw a crowd a PA system some music lights fog machine. You can attend a concert and people can be moved emotionally by the music, at Turning point that is all your getting, some music and some guy giving a pep-talk like Anthony Robins, Devoid of the gospel

Sorry to hear that Turning Point Church Lebanon is using cultic tactics to control people! Will be praying! Sounds like the same stuff that was going on at Turning Point Church World Outreach Center in Marysville! I hope nobody experiences spiritual abuse like so many have in Marysville.

When will the elders of the church pull there out of the sand and realize that they are acting just like the seven church's mentioned in Revelation. Yes this church, has many activities but they resemble the characteristics that we read about with the 7 churches in Revelation chapters 2-3. They get a strong rebuking from the Lord
The lack of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and good expository preaching has corrupted so many churches.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.