Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Turning Point Church Lebanon Oregon-Tell Your Story
Date: March 12, 2009 01:18AM

To those who have decided to call Turning Point Church Lebanon their home church:

Welcome. Before you are tempted to quickly pass by this thread and write it off as rebel rousing or worse, I encourage you to take the time to do some research. May I suggest that you take the time to read through all the posts on the RLC/Radiant Life Church threads (there are several and it will require a commitment of time) and read through all the posts on the Turning Point Church World Outreach Center thread.

Your Pastor has sat under the teaching of two men: Tony Cunningham and Mike Villamor. He has heard, taken in, and mostly likely, practiced many if not all of the teachings these two men have taught. You do yourself and your families a great disservice by not taking time to read and carefully consider the testimonies of those who have posted here on this site while sitting under these men's influence and teaching.

God's Blessing on your lives as you seek His Truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turning Point Church Lebanon Oregon-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: March 12, 2009 10:32AM

Deacon Orval Bontrager of TPC Lebanon told me before the first service started at TPWOC, that was after we found out about TPC Lebanon and when a bunch of them came up to visit TPWOC in Marysville for the church service a few months ago! Deacon Orval said, they had problems and had some kind of church split! And also he had connections to Pastor Mike from the past? Maybe from the Edmonds area! I couldn't quite remember where! Could someone please tell me if what I heard was true?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2009 10:57AM by buddy.

Date: April 05, 2009 02:17PM

Whats wrong with you guys, did Pastor Mike put a gag order on you not to come onto the Forum! So much for freedom in Christ! Is Peter still down there, and is he carrying out Pastor Mikes marching orders!

Date: May 30, 2009 12:46AM

Turning Point Church Lebanon, Oregon! Would it be ok if Pastor Mike and Cyndi move to Lebanon, Oregon. Do you a big house for him to move into? Will you have lots of gifts for him when they arrive? Let us know if you it will be ok for the Apostle of Great Faith to relocate in Lebanon!

Date: June 15, 2009 10:52AM

I recently starting going to TurningPoint Church...and I have been reading the information provided on these posts and online, like You Tube, and I have to say,...I am confused. I think the church is great. Like, the people actually care what is going on in your life....I don't think I care if it a joke to some people or not...if one believes and is moved; does it matter? I see people helping others, reaching out to the community. I see a revival of the spirit. I also don't understand why one person calls themselves TPREJECT,...rejected by them, or are they rejecting TP?

Do I care if Pastor Mike got a degree in the mail or at an all star college? Not if God is moving through him. I mean really, do I need a degree to know God and speak his word? Come on. It just seems like a few people are nit picking.

Look at any church, any faith, and there will be downfalls. I hear that some are mad that TP wants to recruite new members and because of that, it makes them a cult,...by those standards every church would be a cult. And furthermore, if you are a christian, don't you want to convert as many "lost" souls as you can???

I think people are afraid of change. I think people want to go to church and act stuffy and wear their church only cloths to impress their neighbors, and I think they want to go and hear all about the GOOD NEWS that jesus died on the cross for everyone's sins, but no one wants to hear the "bad" news that the devil is amoung us, that christian are persecuted, that their are steps that need to be taken in order to live a good life with good character. No, I think people want to do as they have always done and be burned by the past garbage they have picked up in their religious lives. ME- I want to dance, I want to feel the word of God, I want to sing the praises of the Almighty and be released from my bondages to be saved.

I would love to hear some comments back.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 15, 2009 08:30PM

justlooking4truth:

Seems like you are not looking seriously into the truth of the situation, but rather subjectively have already come to your own conclusions.

There don't appear to be any meaningful safeguards in place within TPC, such as democratically elected church government, or financial transparency through annually published budgets that disclose in detail all salaries, expenses and compensation.

Citing the lack of such common safeguards within most Protestant churches is not "nit picking."

And it is not "past garbage" to point out the inherent problems within a church caused by the bad behavior of its leaders.

Do some reading in the New Testament and start with a study of Galatians. Paul could be quite harsh in his criticism of certain leaders.

And remember that Jesus said many would come in his name, but he would not know them.

The requirements of leaders such as deacons, elders and evangelists as recorded in the New Testament imposes standards and requires continuing good behavior, which is subject to questioning and scrutiny.

Bad leaders can be removed.

Date: June 15, 2009 09:43PM

justlooking4truth

What you are saying is mostly true. That was never the issue at TPC. The problems at TPC stem from an unhealthy relationship with the Senior Pastor, the Elders, and leadership with Pastor Tony Cunningham, of Radiant Life Church in California. This relationship introduced false teachings and a Jezebel spirit into TPC Marysville and that affects and infects every church it plants or affiliated with with the same false doctrine. While your pastor was not trained by Pastor Mike and Pastor Tony as the staff of TPC Marysville and Skagit were, your church is still subject to the same submission to doctrine adopted and taught by Pastor Mike Villamor.

Since the beginning of the year, over 100 adults and their children have left TPC Marysville. The reasons cited were lack of accountability for the Senior Pastor, false teachings and doctrines, and a Senior Pastor who has cut himself off from his flock and refused to perform his duties and spelled out for him by the Word of God.

While I have chosen to forgive, there are still a lot of people out there who have been hurt and who slid away because of what they witnessed from the Pastoral Staff and Elders at TPC.

Daughter of Dorcas

Date: June 15, 2009 11:01PM

First off, I have not made a choice. Secondly, let me understand this correctly, beyond everything else, if
1. The church disconnected itself from Tony Cunningham
2. Posted money figures
3. Elected officials

then

4. No one would have a problem with the church?

Or,

Is it false teachings?

What are the duties of a Senior Pastor spelled out by God? Are they the same duties spelled out for me?

Daughter of Dorcas- are you involved in the church still?

Thank you everyone for your replies. I appreciate your outlook.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 15, 2009 11:22PM

justlooking4truth:

If TPC implemented meaningful accountability and financial transparency as previously described, this would address some of the criticism, controversy and caution surrounding the group.

It would not address the issue of "false teachings."

Date: June 15, 2009 11:28PM

Explain false teachings? I am new to being a follower of Christ, so I don't know what false teachings are,...is it the way the bible is explained? How is TP doing that incorrectly?

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.