Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
SOMA NORTHWEST Are they still connected to Tony Cunningham?
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: September 27, 2008 12:11PM

SOMA NORTHWEST Are they still connected to Tony Cunningham?

One of the affiliates that Radiant Life Church of Sacramento has is with Turning Point Church of Marysville Washington.
There web site at http://www.turningpointchurch.com
They have a promotional video for SOMA NORTHWEST at http://www.turningpointchurch.com/videos/somavideo.html

I encourage you to watch the whole video and consider
A couple of the comments made on this SOMA NorthWest promo.

“That group is a group of individuals who have committed themes selves to a life style that is similar to Acts. It’s the closest thing to Acts that we have right now”

“A new testament model of the church lived out in the year 2007”

"..God pours himself through, his life through one individual and they can affect lives of the world

“I have Grown in my gifting of leadership, Being under cover, learning about being under the covering of an apostle, of church leadership, of Elders”

“One of the core visions of Soma Northwest will always be to produce full time ministers of the gospel. Those who understand that there entire life is meant to preach the love of Jesus, to call people to salvation, to bring unity to churches, and city’s…”

Now they don’t identify who the apostle is but after calling the church I have learned that the Apostle is Tony Cunningham from Radiant Life Church of Sacramento, CA.

The other comment is that they are bringing unity to the church and the city So I have another question: by what example are they doing that? Are they following in the same tracks that Tony has used here in Sacramento? Back in 2000 Tony was connected to with over 60 Pastors and churches here in Sacramento, but today he has cut off all relationships with other churches. Now does not look like UNITY?

So here is a legitimate question; by what authority is Tony Cunningham an Apostle?
All the evidence I have, Tony has self appointed himself as an Apostle by manipulating a small group of elders and staffers at Radiant Life Church of Sacramento to think that he is.

So the big question is this;

has Tony swindled Turning Point Church into thinking and believing that he is an Apostle?

How much money have they floated over to Tony for the School Of Ministry Arts (SOMA)?

BraveHeart

Attachments: SOMA_NW_Tony_in_the_backgorund.jpg (65.6 KB)   Tony Teaching at SOMA NW.jpg (74.4 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SOMA NORTHWEST Are they still connected to Tony Cunningham?
Date: September 28, 2008 05:04AM

I received the following information from SOMA NorthWest

Here are some quick answers to a few of your questions:
Do we practice Spiritual Parenting? No.
Spiritual Covering, Discipleship, and Covenant Relationships? Not like it is taught and practiced at Radiant Life,
although there are teachings on these in the bible.
Pastor Mike did a year long teaching on Discipleship "Into the Nations" - becoming a disciple of Jesus.
You can probably hear some of the messages on the web.

We are in no way (never have been) affiliated with Radiant Life Church.

You asked: How much money has Turning Point given Tony for SOMA Sacramento? $0.

Thanks for the information!
Our concern is that these false teachings from Tony Cunningham need to stop immediately and it is good to see that they have not taken root in your school & church.

We will keep you in our prayers as you are dear brother and sisters in Christ.

Date: September 30, 2008 12:53AM

When a person says they are no way and never have been affiliated can be misleading. Since affiliate means to associate with or to adopt then Turning Point has affiliated with RLC. Evidence of this is TPCWOC having adopted SOMA model, methods and teachings. Anyone who has attended SOMA can look at the SOMA information on TPCWOC's website and determine for themselves if it is similiar to RLC SOMA.

To say they are no way and never have been affiliated is misleading. Has the leadership of TPCWOC at anytime sat under the teaching and instruction of Tony in a retreat, seminar or classroom setting? Has Tony Cunningham ever gone to Washington to teach, instruct, guide or encourage the leaders of TPCWOC? Has the church ever adopted or implemented any of Tony or RLC's methods, models or teachings? If so then it is safe to say there is an affiliation.

Date: October 01, 2008 01:18PM

Thank You "TurningPointReject" for pointing out the most obvious!

I was trying to give the folks from SOMA NORTHWEST / Turning Point Church an opportunity to save face and clarify the remarks they make in the video that is on there web site regarding SOMA NORTHWEST.

To say they are no way and never have been affiliated is misleading.
No it is more than misleading!!! Its an out right LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had Pastor Mike and Cindi at our home here in Elk Grove with Tony Cunningham, Tom Borsic, Brandon Miller and some other pastors for B-B-Q Lobster. My good friend Jeff Greer made a special purchase of these fantastic 1 pound Lobsters for each person who was there I had the privilege of B-B-Qing the lobsters.

So I know there is a connection in fact if my memory serves me right Mike was in Tonys Youth Group back in North Bend Oregon.
So there is a long history with Tony and Mike Turning Point Church and SOMA NorthWest.

I do not understand why church leadership can not be honest, even when they are caught red handed embracing the very guy they think is an apostle!
Even if they are trying to break away to be honest & open would be to there best interest.
I believe that if and when they realized that Tony is a fraudulent apostle self promoted prophet and false teacher the best break off would be to publicly and spiritually break off all ties and and soul ties that Tony has attached himself to that is just for starters.

Has the leadership of TPCWOC at anytime sat under the teaching and instruction of Tony in a retreat, seminar or classroom setting?
YES THEY HAVE!!!
We see it in the Video!!!!

Has Tony Cunningham ever gone to Washington to teach, instruct, guide or encourage the leaders of TPCWOC?
YES he has several times!

Has the church ever adopted or implemented any of Tony or RLC's methods, models or teachings?
YES!!!! THEY USE HIS CURRICULUM FOR SOMA

If so then it is safe to say there is an affiliation??? That is what I was seeing...but to be given an email expalaining their points I have to accept it at face value and hopefully I can have an opportunity to ask some followup questions.

SOMA_NW_Tony_in_the_backgorund.jpg (65.6KB) Tony Teaching at SOMA NW.jpg (74.4KB)

When I called Turning Point Church last Friday I asked for some one who is familiar with the video and I explained the the quote who said “I have Grown in my gifting of leadership, Being under cover, learning about being under the covering of an apostle, of church leadership, of Elders” I asked then who the apostle is? I was told that it is Tony Cunningham From Sacramento.

So there are a lot of Questions For SOMA NORTHWEST and Turning Point Church of Marysville Washington.

Also don't they have a privet Car for Tony to Drive when he comes up and visits?

TurningPointReject
When a person says they are no way and never have been affiliated can be misleading. Since affiliate means to associate with or to adopt then Turning Point has affiliated with RLC. Evidence of this is TPCWOC having adopted SOMA model, methods and teachings. Anyone who has attended SOMA can look at the SOMA information on TPCWOC's website and determine for themselves if it is similiar to RLC SOMA.

To say they are no way and never have been affiliated is misleading. Has the leadership of TPCWOC at anytime sat under the teaching and instruction of Tony in a retreat, seminar or classroom setting? Has Tony Cunningham ever gone to Washington to teach, instruct, guide or encourage the leaders of TPCWOC? Has the church ever adopted or implemented any of Tony or RLC's methods, models or teachings? If so then it is safe to say there is an affiliation.

MOST DEFIANTLY......THERE IS AN AFFILIATION WITH TONY CUNNINGHAM!!!

Re: SOMA NORTHWEST Are they still connected to Tony
Date: October 01, 2008 02:27PM

BraveHeart
I received the following information from SOMA NorthWest

Here are some quick answers to a few of your questions:
Do we practice Spiritual Parenting? No. What is their Interpretation of "Spiritual Parenting"? Do they encourage members to renounce relations with parents? Do the pastors or leaders have non family living with them?
Spiritual Covering, Discipleship, and Covenant Relationships? Not like it is taught and practiced at Radiant Life, [[color=#FF0000]b]How do they teach and practice these?[/color][/b]
Pastor Mike did a year long teaching on Discipleship "Into the Nations" - becoming a disciple of Jesus.

We are in no way (never have been) affiliated with Radiant Life Church. Interesting[[/color]/b]

Thanks for the information!
Our concern is that these false teachings from Tony Cunningham need to stop immediately and it is good to see that they have not taken root in your school & church.

We will keep you in our prayers as you are dear brother and sisters in Christ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 02:29PM by TurningPointReject.

Posted by: M&M ()
Date: October 05, 2008 12:36PM

According to one of my sons Turning Point has distanced itself from Tony. But when I attended the church Tony was Mike's #1 mentor.

He had a special room for him at his house with a little refrigerator.

In reading all the entries from the posts about Radiant Life there are unmistakeable similarities. I think at least 5 families all moved into the same neighborhood, until Mike moved to a new exclusive neighborhood. They used to teach spiritual parenthood but to Mike's credit he discontinued it. Pastor Mike has gotten involved in real estate which I guess is what Tony is also involved in.

I am not sure that Mike still regards Tony as an apostle but Mike believes he is an Apostle in fact he believes he is a significant apostle.

When Mike seperated from the Church of God they had a special anointing ceremony and Tony was present to help confer an anointing on Mike as an Ordination. I was there.

Tony has been at the church to teach the 5 fold ministry. I was at those meetings. My sons have been at dozens of teaching sessions led by Tony called intensives.

I think if you requested to speak to Pastors Kim Barnes, Jeff Barnes, Jackie Singer, Jeff Moors or asked to speak to the pastor at the newly planted church in Mount Vernon David Luster they would all affirm what I have written here. I don't think they would be ashamed of it, in fact they used to be quite proud to be affiliated with Tony. If Braveheart wouldn't mind saying who gave this information I would be very interested because I probably know who the person is. I think any current student at SOMA would affirm my statements.

As a matter of fact I am fairly certain Tony is going to come and speak there in the near future.

Interestingly, one of my sons asked me what I thought about the various entries about Radiant Life in this forum. We talked about it and I thought that both Turning Point and Radiant Life could save themselves enormous problems by not discouraging these entries but joining and saying we will have a meeting this coming (whatever day) and answer all questions we will have full disclosure.

Openess and honesty would make these modes of communication obsolete.

Thanks M&M

Posted by: Northwest ()
Date: October 10, 2008 02:50AM

I have also been there several times when tony has been the speaker. I agree with the above statement by M&M and would like to hear a reply from brave heart.

Unless a random person picked up the phone they should have at least said that tony has been to turningpoint to speak several times and was at one time very influential in turning point.

I am interested to know if this person said that this was the official position of the church or just what they thought.

Date: October 10, 2008 10:33AM

Everyone has very legitimate concerns and questions and they all need to be honestly answered by the right people!

I hope that Turning Point Leadership will avail themselves of this platform and address the many questions being raised regarding the teachings of Tony Cunningham from Radiant Life Church.

Here is what I have going on in the back ground....
In an effort to build a relationship with someone on staff I made a promise that I would not post anything quoting that person. Also it is not my agenda to out that person.
I will ask this person or persons to come onto this forum and address the questions that have been raise here. I hope that answering will not take very long as that makes people loose trust in the leadership. Hopefully the leadership at Turning Point is way ahead of this and will follow in the footsteps of Radiant Life Church Laguna and Renounce all of Tony's teachings and cut off all associations with him.

Oh i was told that Tony does not have a car in Washington, someone from the church has allowed Tony to barrow a car.

M&M
Interestingly, one of my sons asked me what I thought about the various entries about Radiant Life in this forum. We talked about it and I thought that both Turning Point and Radiant Life could save themselves enormous problems by not discouraging these entries but joining and saying we will have a meeting this coming (whatever day) and answer all questions we will have full disclosure.

Openess and honesty would make these modes of communication obsolete.

I agree it will save a church a lot of embarrassment by being totally honest with there members and general public.

List of Questions:
Q: Is it True that Mike Separated from the Church Of God or was that Church Of God Anderson Indiana?

Q: And if so what is his affiliation now? what roll does Tony participate in the leadership?

Q: Has Turning Point Church Recognized Tony Cunningham as an apostle? and what is there current position?

Q: Did Pastor Mike Renounce Tony's teachings on Spiritual Parenting or is he just distancing himself with that teaching?

In the Video we see Tony teaching at SOMA NorthWest

So knowing that
Q:Has the church ever adopted or implemented any of Tony or RLC's methods, models or teachings?

If so what are they?

And how are they being implemented?

Q: If Tony is scheduled to come up and teach his "Strategic Advance" class, How much money does that cost the school or church?

Q: What is your Interpretation of "Spiritual Parenting"?

I was told by someone who is authorized to speak on behalf of the church

Q: Do we practice Spiritual Parenting? No.

Q: What is your Interpretation of "Spiritual Parenting"?

Q: Do you encourage members to renounce relations with parents?

Q: Do the pastors or leaders have non family living with them?

You said Spiritual Covering, Discipleship, and Covenant Relationships?
Not like it is taught and practiced at Radiant Life,

Q: so how do you teach and practice these?

We are in no way (never have been) affiliated with Radiant Life Church. Interesting

does that go for Love offerings?

If any of you can think of any others please post a question:

Posted by: Northwest ()
Date: October 10, 2008 02:39PM

I see no reason to deny that tony once was or is still connected to turning point church, regardless of what they may now believe about his ministry. This is such a stupid thing to say and so obviously untrue to anyone who has been a member of turning point any longer than a year or two that it doesn't make sense.

I would really like to hear from the staff member who said this. If they would come out and explain that either Brave heart is wrong in what he said or explain what they mean by:

We are in no way (never have been) affiliated with Radiant Life Church

If they now no longer agree with tony you don't have to deny that you werer ever connected with him.

As far as I am concerned as a member of turing point if they do or don't back tony it doesn't make much of a difference to me. Although the leadership should look into the claims made by those on this website about him, no one would leave the church if they discovered that what is siad here to be true and they admited it.

Date: October 11, 2008 03:44AM

It is interesting to respond, "We are in no way and never have been affiliated with RLC", then say they teach Spiritual Covering, Discipleship, and Covenant Relationships but"not how it is taught and practiced at Radiant Life".

If there is no affiliation with RLC how would they know the manner which these topics are taught at Radiant Life?

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.