Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Has anyone ever heard of C3 and Mike Tate in Sacramento?
Posted by: Soma Notes ()
Date: September 07, 2008 05:38AM

What is the belief system and doctrine held by this church group? Has anyone heard anything? Are they destructive? Are they a cult?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone ever heard of C3 and Mike Tate in Sacramento?
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: September 09, 2008 11:28AM

I have had great concerns for some of my friends whom I love. I will not say that this is a cult or any such matter. I will just say that from much of my experience, there are a lot of warning signs. The first one is a huge sign. I have friends who have been appointed associate pastors over the small ministry. I know a lot of the believers who go there and there ministry positions there. The accountability and Checks and Balances are not there. This makes me nervous. A path seen before and I can see it heading in the same direction. It seems to have self appointed ministry leaders. Whom are they submitted to? Who is all of C3 submitted to? Do the head quarters of C3 know EVERYTHING that C3 of Sacramento are doing? I do not see an authority structure. It seems unstable. I do not see Mike Tate submitted to anyone. Who are the elders? If there are, who appointed them?

I just dont want to see those whom I love, who have come from RLC find false hope in this fellowship, only to be hurt all over again and ultimately have more of a JADED mind. Please keep me informed of any further information. I will check back form time to time.

-ryan-

Date: September 10, 2008 08:34AM

Deja Vu
I have had great concerns for some of my friends whom I love. I will not say that this is a cult or any such matter. I will just say that from much of my experience, there are a lot of warning signs. The first one is a huge sign. I have friends who have been appointed associate pastors over the small ministry. I know a lot of the believers who go there and there ministry positions there. The accountability and Checks and Balances are not there. This makes me nervous. A path seen before and I can see it heading in the same direction. It seems to have self appointed ministry leaders. Whom are they submitted to? Who is all of C3 submitted to? Do the head quarters of C3 know EVERYTHING that C3 of Sacramento are doing? I do not see an authority structure. It seems unstable. I do not see Mike Tate submitted to anyone. Who are the elders? If there are, who appointed them?

I just dont want to see those whom I love, who have come from RLC find false hope in this fellowship, only to be hurt all over again and ultimately have more of a JADED mind. Please keep me informed of any further information. I will check back form time to time.

-ryan-

To all who have read this post:

I would like to just say this plainly. I apologize for the implication that this church is off base. What was meant to be a thought or question, potentially came across to many as fact or truth. I would like to say that all of the questions that I posted above were answered by Mike Tate personally. He is the pastor of the church. It was my wrong doing to share what I shared without having all the questions answered first.

What did I discover in the conversation? He has great accountability and more checks and balances than I have seen in a long time. No leaders have been self appointed. He seems to have a REAL heart for God with a great understanding of religious garble. In fact, even in my skepticism of our Christian faith with so many wayward Pastors and leaders, I found myself trusting him. He has a lot of wisdom it seems, that are compiled with strong personal convictions of truth. I BELIEVE that he has good motives to love and lead people to FREEDOM in Christ. As for C3 in general, I do not have enough information to share objectively, but based on Mikes insight, it seems that they have something good happening.

Thank you all for forgiving and allowing me to repost.

-Ryan-

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: September 12, 2008 02:56AM

I have know Mike Tate for over 15 years and I called him to get caught up with all that is going on. he asked me to post his phone number if any one has any questions about C3 916.217.8160.

Wow dd you see that?
Here is a pastor who is making himself available and is willing to answer your questions..

Posted by: mike tate ()
Date: September 12, 2008 03:47AM

I have many friends at Radiant Life, I'm saddened at the same time I'm here to help.

[...]

[Moderator note: Don't post contact information on this message board, which is against the rules you agreed to before posting here.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2008 09:00PM by rrmoderator.

Date: October 29, 2008 04:49AM

Warning:

Don't get in another trap of looking to man and not looking to God.
The best thing to do is to go to God not man.

Mike Tate is not God and is a person.
I am not saying Mike is a bad or evil person.
I am just say what are your putting your trust in, God or men.
Seek Godly council yes, but get your direction from God.

Mike is safe as long as YOU don't put him on a pedistal and think he is perfect.
No one is perfect but Jesus. Everyone has the potential to hurt and disppoint.
Even you and me.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 29, 2008 10:35AM

I will be the first to come out to the defense of Pastor Mike Tate who is not representing himself as something he is not!
He too has had friends hurt by the teachings and manipulations of Radiant Life church i.e. Tony Cunningham.
I have to give mike a big public THANK YOU because he has a real heart for the victims of Radiant Life and there are no strings attached!!! And I mean that!!!!
You don’t have to join his church just to talk to him.
I would say his primary motive is to help heal the broken hearted and help each person find there place in the grace of God. Mike is only a clay pot emptied before the Lord and ready to fight the battle ahead.
He has only availed himself to the victims of RLc simply to help.
Sincerely
Dan

ConcernedChristian
Warning:

Don't get in another trap of looking to man and not looking to God.
The best thing to do is to go to God not man.

Mike Tate is not God and is a person.
I am not saying Mike is a bad or evil person.
I am just say what are your putting your trust in, God or men.
Seek Godly council yes, but get your direction from God.

Mike is safe as long as YOU don't put him on a pedistal and think he is perfect.
No one is perfect but Jesus. Everyone has the potential to hurt and disppoint.
Even you and me.

Date: October 29, 2008 11:38AM

BraveHeart______

I know Mike Tate. I am glad he is wanting to help.

He again is only a person and is capible of hurting others and has hurt others.

I am only trying to get across the point that we can not look to a man to solve our problems.
We must look to God.

I am sorry you and so many of us are hurt by Tony.
There are those who are hurt by Mike Tate too.

Date: October 29, 2008 10:29PM

ConcernedChristian,
I understand completely what you are meaning. There is a VERY fine line that we walk in regards to looking to Man and not God. We start off good, only to begin to rely too heavily on man (pastor and leaders) for support, comfort and the WORD.

However, in regards to all of us being hurt, or even Mike hurting some people, we cannot escape that. Hell, I have hurt people. Soe by my own doing and some by their un
ealistic expectations of me. Imaginea room full of 20 people. all who are being led by me. EACH ONE has a different expectation of me. How in the world can I possibly please and or fullfil ALL of there expectations? Especially when most of the expectations are unseen expectations that are diven by emotion or intellectual arrogance. It is possible that Mike has hurt people, but also possible that people hurt themselves too. In regards to Tony Cunningham, there are alot of jacked up things he did and is still doing but for some things, I have to take full responsibility of them. I CHOSE TO BE UNDER HIM. I CHOSE TO RECEIVE FROM HIS DIRTY HANDS, I CHOSE TO..... You get what I am saying.

Anyhow, we are not perfect as you know. Mike is not like Tony. Mike has a shepharding heart, not a military one. He loves Gods sheep. In his process of caring for them and taking risks, for sure some people will be hurt. It's innevitable.
un
-Ryan-

Date: October 30, 2008 03:59AM

DEja Vu___

Thank you.
You really do understand.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.