Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
United Pentecostal Church
Posted by: cozyquiltz ()
Date: July 17, 2004 05:33AM

I'm interested in knowing of anyone's experiences with UPC. I was a member for a brief time a very long time ago and had no idea they were considered a cult! Very legalistic yes, but not a cult. Can someone enlighten me please as to why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 17, 2004 06:05AM

No one has said the UPCI is a "cult"?

See [www.culteducation.com]

And to better understand the RI database--

See [www.culteducation.com]

The UPCI is controversial movement.

Posted by: pete ()
Date: July 28, 2004 08:03AM

I think that any time a church teaches a narrow-minded doctrine that the mainstream disagrees with it is considered a cult.
Paul said that the way in which he worships God is considered heresy.(Book of Acts). Sorry, I don't have a Bible with me to find exact scripture references.

Posted by: kpchouston ()
Date: August 28, 2004 03:45AM

While many people don't understand why members of this organization dress the way they do and worship the way they do, the fact is that these people love God with all their hearts.

Not everyone associated with this organization is close minded and feels that if you don't believe in the doctrine that you are bound for hell. Many of us believe that we shouldn't judge other christians and God will be the final judge.

I've read much lately of how some want to label members of the UPCI church as cultist; however, that opinion is judgemental.

God will judge all according to their knowledge and many in the organization believe that there will be many christians outside of the oneness movement who will be in heaven.

Let's work together to bring unity in the christian community.

Posted by: zestymike48 ()
Date: November 01, 2004 02:07PM

I don't think that it is fair to call ALL UPC churches members of a cult, however the particular one that I was a member of certainly WAS. I base this call on the fact that we were not allowed to fellowship with other UPC churches because they were too "worldly", we had our OWN "holiness conference" every year instead of going to the general conference, and just about anything civic or considered as entertainment, fashionable or of modern thought was also banned.

Whereas this was once the second largest UPC church in Dallas, TX, today it is a mere handful. The church and pastor was exposed in both Texas newspapers and television news as an accused child molestor and was caught in adultry as well. Today there are at least three ongoing lawsuits being brought by former members. Even though I have not personally involved myself in such lawsuit attempts or sought a class action suit against the senior pastor, it would and should be ME who would undoubtedly benefit the most from such an action.

Even though several things about Apostolic Tabernacle of Balch Springs, TX are now, finally public. As pastor's son-in-law of this church for 13 years the horrors that I witnessed personally would fill a horror novel and make talk show hosts shutter. Sadly even though I had the "inside scoop" before it was even released through news outlets even I will never know the other lives that were destroyed and deeply harmed.

What makes such a church a "cult" is that the perpetrators were warned that if they outed the pastor as molestor and adulteror they would be doomed to hell (or so they testified to law inforcement officials pre-trial). Other pending lawsuits involve men in the church who were lied on by the pastor and even unjustly spent time in correctional facilities because of his untruths. Now it is HE, the former pastor who is in the process of being indicted and convicted. TRUTH shall triumph!

Posted by: escapee329 ()
Date: November 05, 2004 03:09PM

I have a couple of friends who hooked up with the UPC.
all of them differant churches I'v heard about service at one and atended another, not for want of church but curious to know what it was about.

The one I attended was certenly a cult I was there for one month of sundays and o couple of wensday's.
It reminded me of the polygamust cult I came from in many respects only a whole lot smaller.
so for this reason I think the UPC has great makings for a fine cult.
Under those influance's it is easy for a pasture to gain a "God or Jesus Christ complex"(By this I mean they lift them selfs up through there power over others and start to think they'r better than human.)
That's what I saw, the great making of a posable cult.

Posted by: ohmygosh ()
Date: January 29, 2005 12:18PM

Do swarms of lawyers decend when you refer to the UPC with the "c" word?

Or do lightening bolts come straight out of Ashcrofts office?

I don't want trouble for the forum, so I will refrain from using the "c" word,

but,

I will call attention to the book "Power Before the Throne" by Ruth Reider, the grand daughter of Urshan, a UPC pioneer.

In the book, Mrs. Reider explains that "uncut hair" gives you special status with God. Furthermore, Lucifers lost estate, was bestowed upon women of uncut hair, by God. Lucifer was at one time a worshiping angel, but, after being cast out of heaven, the women of the "uncut hair", were given "Lucifers lost estate", by God.

There is a chapter explaining "lucifers lost estate", I am not making this up, you can get a copy from Pentecostal Publishing house, or maybe read some reviews on the net.

Another chapter that describes "severing your connection with God, by cutting your hair" and how cutting your hair "opens you" to all the evil that exists.

Reider clearly states that uncut hair gives you "Power Before the Throne"

Now,

how could any of that be mistaken for a cult?

ohmygosh

Posted by: kpchouston ()
Date: February 08, 2005 07:21AM

I'm an active member of a church affiliated with the UPCI and I certainly understand that many in this world would few personal standards as peculiar. Doesn't the word of God declare that we are a peculiar people...a royal priesthood that we should show forth the praises of God? Please be careful to make light of matters that you have no knowledge of.

Many churches in the organization don't preach that the "hair issue" is a heaven or hell issue; however, it is true that the woman's hair is her glory and the angels are drawn to the uncut hair of a woman. I know that it may sound strange, but if you were to visit my church, you could feel the angels that are all around our women and in our services.

God recognizes and annoints the sacrifice made by these women's convictions and I thank God that there are still those in our organization that take that stand.

The bottom line isn't if women cut their hair or not, it's if they have obeyed Acts 2:38. Once you have repented, taken on the name of Jesus in baptism and have been filled with the Holy Ghost you have power to overcome in this world and you have fulfilled the plan of salvation written in John 3:5.

For there is no other name given unto men whereby we must be saved.

God Bless.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 08, 2005 08:29AM

Please don't preach.

Preaching is against the rules of the Open Forum.

See [board.culteducation.com]

Posted by: ohmygosh ()
Date: February 08, 2005 11:19AM

[www.wlbt.com]

Here is an article from Morton, MS

I have personally sat in a UPCI church, and heard the preaching about the kind of things that can "happen" when a rebellious member cuts their hair and "removes the protective covering of angels".

Hard to believe, until you see it "happen" again, and again, and again.

ohmygosh

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.