Current Page: 3 of 4
United Pentecostal Church
Posted by: ohmygosh ()
Date: July 24, 2005 09:37PM

I have noted several pro-UPC comments. Even to the extent that child abuse is minimized, ("well , it happens")

For those that are concerned about destructive churches, I have an alert for you.

UPCI has announced plans to march on Washington DC on October 4-5th

the announcement states, "FOCUS-DC is a call to all Apostolics to impact our nation by spiritually impacting our nation's capital"

I don't know what they have in mind, but what ever it is,
I am sure that I don't want to be subjected to that,

Does Freedom of Religion cover inflicting your religion on the general public?

Does the general public have any recourse?

Not everyone will agree that "the holy ghost" is on the move.
Some people will view it as all hell breaking loose.

Not everyone is accustomed to the "hair angels" that are "drawn to the uncut hair of the UPCI women"

I suspect there will be a sudden spike in bi-polar disorders
maybe another Malvo seige ( the boy was raised pentecostal in Jamaica and the whole thing started days after the 02 UPCI general convention)

I'm not really sure what the UPCI has in mind this time,

but, I think they are upset that their efforts during the 04 Presidential election have not been compenstated.

I think all hell is going to break loose,
and I don't see how "Freedom of Religion" covers it

Ohmygosh

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bonnie ()
Date: July 25, 2005 07:11AM

Maybe I'm behind the times, but I just discovered a growing movement for freedom from religion, one that supports free speech, free thought, and separation of religion and state.

There are a lot of links, and I'll risk giving some here.

[www.the-brights.net]
[www.ffrf.org]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 25, 2005 07:50PM

Bonnie:

Let's be restrained in this area.

Promoting religious beliefs or groups against religious beliefs is not what this board is about.

Separation of Church and State is apolitical. But some of these links are not.

Please be careful to post within the rules/guidelines.

Posted by: Jerrellman ()
Date: February 17, 2006 09:03PM

Are you a sociologist?
This isn't a trick question. I like the way you think, you're pushing the limits.
Very liberal of you. I, myself, being a moderate.
I guess what I'm trying to say is either you were really good at debate in high school,
or I am impressed with the way you present your points of thought whether I agree or not.
I'd like to lean toward the latter there.

J

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 17, 2006 09:16PM

No I am not a sociologist.

Posted by: Jerrellman ()
Date: February 17, 2006 09:44PM

I was talking to the Josh person, but I was wondering about you too.

J

Posted by: ohmygosh ()
Date: February 19, 2006 07:46AM

[www.baltimoresun.com]

Here is another news article regarding the UPCI

on the day that this story ran, I checked the UPCI.org web site and the church and pastor were indeed listed with the UPCI as part of their organization.

According to the article, the Rev. Joshua W. Lawson was charged with sex abuse, second-degree sexual assault, a fourth-degree sex offense and perverted practice by the Wicomico County States Attorney.

I have a copy paper box full of new reports just like this.

A big copy paper box full.

But, in each and every case, the UPCI is not accountable or responsible for any of it, and they all involve sexual assault of children

in church

in this case, I think the locals were fed up that no one will do anything about them, and they torched the place

read the article and note that the church leadership was lamenting the burning of the church, not the sexual assault, that part will be dismissed.

The UPCI is very good at making cases of sexual assault "go away"
each and every case.

I have a copy paper box full of this news articles,

so, if you asked me if the UPCI is a cult,
I would have to say NO

Moonies are a cult

The UPCI is more depraved than the devil himself

and 100 % US tax exempt

Ohmygosh

Posted by: sanebiker ()
Date: September 17, 2007 10:52AM

zestymike48
As pastor's son-in-law of this church for 13 years the horrors that I witnessed personally would fill a horror novel and make talk show hosts shutter.

Actually I think it'd make a great [i:39f5ed33b5][b:39f5ed33b5]sicom[/b:39f5ed33b5][/i:39f5ed33b5]. So many suckers...so little time. Oh...wait... you did say Texas right? Thats the Bible belt...

Re: United Pentecostal Church
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: November 13, 2007 04:46AM

Is there a main authority figure in this church? Is there a leader? Who runs the show?

Re: United Pentecostal Church
Posted by: Johnoct1980 ()
Date: October 30, 2009 03:26AM

Hello,

I am new to this forum and in all honesty, I am new to any forum of this sort. I was raised in the in the UPCI, and in addition I am the fourth generation of my family to be raised so. (I would assume this makes me qualified to discuss the subject without being told I don't understand, or referring to my situation as isolated and per church.)

No one has said that the UPCI is a cult and this confuses me daily. I will briefly say that I attended hundreds of these churches across the nation and the large conferences and even those churches that some are stating to be liberal and cutting edge. Most of my family remains a large part of the leadership of this organization. I could fill the pages with the horror stories and the abuse that just I had to deal with growing up in this organization as a young homosexual male. (Take sexuality out and I can still fill those pages with the horror I witnessed from those able to follow the Christian doctrine.) I am not bitter/angry, I have been free for over ten years, and have moved on with my life. (I just don't want someone to feel that my words are full of hate) I wish I had never set foot in any of these churches and I feel the would would be a better place is doctrines this strict and dogmatic did not exist. Please if you are on the fence about attending, DO NOT!

Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.