Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who remembers RLCs' "The EXPO" at Plantation Coffee?
Posted by: Maynard ()
Date: June 22, 2008 01:29PM

I just heard it was a pretty whacked out ministry and the owner of Plantation ended up selling the place and leaving the church...has anyone heard of this?

"The prince of peace is back! But he's pissed off!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who remembers RLCs' "The EXPO" at Plantation Coffee?
Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: June 23, 2008 12:03PM

Ben, The expo was put on by RLC, but the coffee shop was not owned by the church as far as I know. The owner went to church there. I don't know why the Expo ended though.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: June 23, 2008 09:54PM

i remember that event... but Plantation was not owned by Radiant Life Church....

Tony used Plantation coffee as a discipleship meeting place.... Tony is a Spiritual Rapist .... he used Plantation and raped the business... well at least in my own eyes it looked like that! He then got all his cult followers and clones to go over to Starbucks....They all left Plantation and went to Starbucks....that is lousy...Tony again proved himself as two-faced.... preaching on Sundays how we should be patrons of those who have businesses within the church... What Tony did was wrong as he usually does!!

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: June 25, 2008 12:26AM

another of the many fizzled fads. It may still be going on at other locations but it was a raging fad for awhile. And during that time all you heard was Plantation, Plantation, Plantation. People were getting jobs there and hanging out there all the time and then what happened. Like everything else it fizzled and Plantation was no more. I feel sorry for the owner and what they have been put through. Now everyone is working at Starbucks and worshiping their grounds.

Date: July 08, 2008 01:01PM

Plantation and The Expo at plantation have definately folded. It is a mexican restaurant now.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: July 13, 2008 10:29AM

Last I heard, probably over a year ago, it was moved to the fellowship hall at RLC.

Posted by: Abused ()
Date: July 21, 2008 07:25AM

Well I just got home and I just had enough time to copy and past this letter that I sent to Tony regarding the Expo at Plantation Coffee

This experience truly showed me the duplicity of the leadership from Radiant Life as they ask you for a favor a screw you over taking advantage of you hospitality and generosity at the same time creating an atmosphere and tolerating behavior that is unsafe.

Dear Tony Cunningham January 7, 2007

Regarding “the Expo”

Originally “the Expo” was Jon Richards, Bryce and Chase they approached Russ Croco and worked out an agreement with operating the Expo at Plantation Coffee our initial concerns were security with the goal being they would provide a safe and friendly environment for people. That they would protect our property and investment, as they would be using our facility and that they would provide their own workers to man the sales counter.

Plantation Coffee Roasters is the Coffee shop that hosted “the Expo” here inside our coffee shop, thus creating a venue. We gave the management of “the Expo” a FREE venue to provide a place for bands to play music (all in the name of ministry outreach). The only requirements we asked “the Expo” was to provide; is adequate security and to have enough staff in the coffee shop to man the Espresso bar. Protect our investment by adhering to our business rules and policies. The bottom line is to provide a safe and friendly place for people to enjoy music and to have fun.

The Expo management has failed to meet our basic requirements; they did not comply with our rules negating our agreement multiple times creating an unsafe environment and dangerous atmosphere. The management of Plantation Coffee is tired of tolerating the disrespect, vandalism and unsafe environment and arrogant attitude from the Expo management. We have submitted a bill for the damaged items and now that is being disputed.

So the word from the Expo is they have decided to move on to a new venue Radiant Life Church……but the truth is, they failed to provide a safe place for people to enjoy music and lost the privilege to be here at Plantation Coffee Roasters. They have racked up a debt for damaged items and both Chase and Dale have come back to Plantation Coffee telling me what they will pay for and not! I am sick and tired of this disrespectful attitude I will not tolerate this attitude from a Christian or Pagan.

What sickens me is that it appears that Radiant Life Church is now enabling this group and giving them refuge using the facilities at Radiant Life Church. To this day, I have not experience any change in the attitude or reconciliation and yet these people continue to play important rolls in church life for example playing the drums for the Gap. If the Gap is truly the catalyst, that holds this church together then why have non-Levites occupied the worship teams? I will not sit back anymore and allow people who are in rolls of leadership at this church to go unchecked to be free to take advantage of people and discard them when they are through with them! I am sick and tired of staff and leadership here at this church hanging their hat on the knife in the back of so many people. As I said it before this church is raising up sycophant clones backstabbing others to earn points, it reminds me of crabs in a bucket. This is a room of good intentions and it breeds an attitude of competition a place to buck up with more good intentions. To hide the true condition of our hearts and never mature into what God has already made in us.

The leadership toted that they do not move on anything without a unanimous vote of agreement. I have believed that this is a very good thing to wait upon the Lord and to be a body moved by the Holy Sprit. As I look at some of the fruit and happenings around me, I have to say WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

I have submitted an invoice to Chase and Dale Mancillas

I hope this clears up any questions about the Expo and I hope that this issue can be resolve quickly, because I am tired of walking around with a knife in my back from the leadership of this manipulative Church (CULT)!

Very Truly Yours

Dan Davis

P.S. I have added copies of the communications I have had with Chase and Dale.

Date: July 21, 2008 09:48AM

Dan, sounds like you were used and abused. Tony wanted to have his cake and eat it too so to speak. He used you but did not want to be accountable in anyway. He is a master at pushing these types of things off on other people, ie. it was chase, dale, bryces fault. He will not step up as a leader and be accountable to the people that follow him. He is truly a coward in my eyes and I am just sickened when I think of all the followers talking about how godly he is or Rose talking about how godly he is because he wakes up in the middle of the night and lays out and prays. He is a master manipulater. I am sorry for the things you have had to go through. I hope you are enjoying the sights as you travel.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 03, 2008 01:02PM

yeah the patern of setting up a "ministry" handing it over to a couple of good intentioned staffers deligating all responsibility is Tonys style. He will not hold the responsibility even for the roll he holds as a pastor.

Are there any elders who have the balls to stand up for the truth? To stand up against a false teaching?

Posted by: Fuzzymug18 ()
Date: September 15, 2008 03:16PM

Was there a contract agreement between you Dan and THE EXPO leadership? I do miss the plantation coffeehouse.. I used to go to school nearby and would love stopping in when I could. I had stopped going because I had graduated and my main place of business was in southern sacramento, not Elk grove. Isn't this the case for most of those who went to the coffee shop? that Zebra mocha was my favorite drink of all time.. jones sodas, amazing food... Starbuck's is definitely a coffee monopoly and it's drinks and foods are so formulized..

...I'll always remember plantation coffee. Both locations..

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.